Welker Studio Updates

General art-related discussion.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:59 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
acidburn wrote:perfect. tx!

Good thing the best joe was here to cover your ass.

Haha seriously. He’s awesome. Has been posting for years
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:37 pm

I'm just a decoy Joe. Or a bot. Or both, probably.

Seriously though, looks like Burlesque did a fantastic job. Video was definitely necessary to show off that it looks like silver or pewter - was personally wondering if it'd look dark but that doesn't look like the case at all. And that letterpress looks like it came out great. I can see why Maze went out in all those different editions, really interesting to see a piece executed in such different print mediums. Really feels like buying any one of the three types - screenprint, giclee, letterpress - is a different experience than the other altogether.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:06 pm

jkw3000 wrote:I'm just a decoy Joe. Or a bot. Or both, probably.
Whatever you are, you do good work. :cheers:
So it goes...
cotis
Art Expert

Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:44 pm

did someone need a video for this?
acidburn
Art Daddy

Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:01 am

jkw3000 wrote:I'm just a decoy Joe. Or a bot. Or both, probably.

Seriously though, looks like Burlesque did a fantastic job. Video was definitely necessary to show off that it looks like silver or pewter - was personally wondering if it'd look dark but that doesn't look like the case at all. And that letterpress looks like it came out great. I can see why Maze went out in all those different editions, really interesting to see a piece executed in such different print mediums. Really feels like buying any one of the three types - screenprint, giclee, letterpress - is a different experience than the other altogether.
Won't lie either. I was most nervous about the screen print as well. Not even about the color more just the detail. I really can't wait for you guys to see these. You also aren't factoring in how large this print is and its great.
padelimike
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:57 am

acidburn wrote:I was most nervous about the screen print as well. Not even about the color more just the detail.
My only thought was "will the smell be right?"

Welker stinky ink for the win!
benny
Art Enthusiast

Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:21 pm

Maze is the only drop I've missed this year and watching the details pour in about these prints and the process is like dumping tequila and salt in an open wound with an eye dropper.

Check these torn edges on the color, plop....

See how great the metallic inks look printed, plop....

Wow the impressions on this letterpress, plop....

I might jump of a bridge when the pencil giclee info comes.
dodgers77
Art Expert

Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:24 pm

:lol: can’t wait too see it and smell it in the flesh !
Last edited by dodgers77 on Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
applehead
Art Expert

Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:27 pm

benny wrote:Maze is the only drop I've missed this year and watching the details pour in about these prints and the process is like dumping tequila and salt in an open wound with an eye dropper.

Its tough for sure, but luckily you have a fudge ton of great trades and probably wont have an issue finding one. You'll have this on your wall one day. You're just not sure how yet, and that will come. Good luck and best to you.
benny
Art Enthusiast

Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:34 pm

applehead wrote:
benny wrote:Maze is the only drop I've missed this year and watching the details pour in about these prints and the process is like dumping tequila and salt in an open wound with an eye dropper.

Its tough for sure, but luckily you have a fudge ton of great trades and probably wont have an issue finding one. You'll have this on your wall one day. You're just not sure how yet, and that will come. Good luck and best to you.
I know I will acquire at least the color one day, looking at the bare spot that would be perfect above the tv in my master everyday will make the wait seem 3x as long.
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:51 pm

do you have a personal favorite joe? i really need to secure the main edition. still can't believe that sold out so quick
cotis
Art Expert

Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:06 pm

stuckeyc wrote:do you have a personal favorite joe?
the flip depends on it.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:15 pm

stuckeyc wrote:do you have a personal favorite joe? i really need to secure the main edition. still can't believe that sold out so quick
I can't even tell yet honestly. I do love the color the giclee. My opinion doesnt matter though haha
aldobishalini
Art Expert

Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:31 pm

I am an average at best buyer on the drop. I managed to pick up the color on my own and a friend was able to grab me a pencil. My initial feeling is that the pencil will be going on the wall (smaller and more detail), but, hell, do I love having the choice. Anyone else score these two? Or the set?
BISHALINI.com (My Collection) Image

“Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.”
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:32 pm

acidburn wrote:
stuckeyc wrote:do you have a personal favorite joe? i really need to secure the main edition. still can't believe that sold out so quick
I can't even tell yet honestly. I do love the color the giclee. My opinion doesnt matter though haha

Did you do the peen test? 60% of the time that works every time
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.