Anything OBEY related

General art-related discussion.
Figment87
Art Enthusiast

Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:02 pm

ChefFerrari wrote:Wat you guys dont like Obey Mystery Tubes ?

C'mon where's your sense of adventure.
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:14 pm

I just received a random new Obey email....

There has been an update and your order will be processed and shipped. Your order will not be refunded.

We apologize for any confusion

Huh? Is the "update" the new colorway or that I will now receive my original order?
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:16 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:Holy fudge some of y’all are matching obey’s level of tardiness up in here.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
applehead
Art Expert

Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:24 pm

bryndavies wrote:Plus now we’ll be up to approximately 800 copies of the four colorways, which will ultimately take me from fast casual to the dollar menu.
Why do you think the special colorway will be the same editionn size? Was that stated anywhere?

Personally, I'm hoping for a black and silver and black and gold for the special set. We'll see. Might just be inverted colors of the original set. I'm in either way and will be interesting to see what I receive.
HenryGaleWasHere
Art Expert

Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:25 pm

ToonKiller wrote:I just received a random new Obey email....

There has been an update and your order will be processed and shipped cuz we're keeping all the money (duh), though neither we nor you will know which set it will be until you receive it. You might even get Big Proof, who knows?! But your order will not be refunded.

ftfy
DoubleDown
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:27 pm

ChefFerrari wrote:Wat you guys dont like Obey Mystery Tubes ?

C'mon where's your sense of adventure.
Tim Doyle killed everyone’s desire to buy mystery tubes anymore. :wink:
dolamite24
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:40 pm

ToonKiller wrote:I just received a random new Obey email....

There has been an update and your order will be processed and shipped. Your order will not be refunded.

Huh? Is the "update" the new colorway or that I will now receive my original order?
I've received every email up until this point. Guess I'll be on the lookout for the latest twist in as the Shopify Glitch turns...
j_pawlish1476
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:44 pm

I also got the email saying I'm now not being refunded. I wonder if that means I'll be getting the original set?
IronBott
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:48 pm

Soooo the only mail I got was the OVERSOLD ALERT with the visible mailing list. And now I just got this email:

Some of the items from order 559## have now been shipped: WHAT IS GOING ON ???
justin
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:52 pm

IronBott wrote:Soooo the only mail I got was the OVERSOLD ALERT with the visible mailing list. And now I just got this email:

I bet some of us will get 4 prints total once this is over.
mlwells04
Art Expert

Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:56 pm

justin wrote:
IronBott wrote:Soooo the only mail I got was the OVERSOLD ALERT with the visible mailing list. And now I just got this email:

I bet some of us will get 4 prints total once this is over.
Can almost guarantee that, if not 6 or 8
bsharp
Art Expert

Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:58 pm

Another comment on IG about shipping notification.

If you've got a tracking number you're probably good. It seems order numbers have nothing to do with it.
EgoDeath
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:02 pm

"There are many variables that come into play and we can not say with 100% certainty which colorway you will get."

LOL! How is that a suitable response... for any business... at any point? We took your money for a certain product, but we ain't gonna tell you what you are going to get. Just be grateful and obey.

Someone said before how they are turning into the objective they set out to parody, I feel like this confirms it.
rikkirattoe
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:03 pm

j_pawlish1476 wrote:I also got the email saying I'm now not being refunded. I wonder if that means I'll be getting the original set?
They probably initially refunded thinking they'd still have an allotment for a 2nd drop, then once they scrapped that plan and added the 2nd set for people who they oversold to, they decided to take the allotment from the 2nd drop and give it to those who initially got a refund but were still within the first 400 orders.
andyfarrimond
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:09 pm

rikkirattoe wrote:
j_pawlish1476 wrote:I also got the email saying I'm now not being refunded. I wonder if that means I'll be getting the original set?
They probably initially refunded thinking they'd still have an allotment for a 2nd drop, then once they scrapped that plan and added the 2nd set for people who they oversold to, they decided to take the allotment from the 2nd drop and give it to those who initially got a refund email but were randomly selected to get the original colorway.
FTFY