Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:40 pm

acidburn wrote:Something we are working on with David

:shock: :drool:
rikkirattoe
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:42 pm

No joke, an hour ago I was wondering when you guys would be coming out with your next Welker toy. Looks nice
cberk533
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:02 pm

I think i had a dream with that dude chasing me...iso awesome dream dude
letstalkprints
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:06 pm

that was chasing you and it was a good dream? :eh:
I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game.
pvecchi
Art Expert

Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:06 pm

rikkirattoe wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:i think it just comes from alot of people who don't spend alot of their time as collectors. which is definitely a good thing.

they only have one thing like this band or this print, or this artist that means alot to them.

i get that excitement of grabbing a print you really really want.

but it really does take time and knowing what you want out of the hobby to not be upset if you don't score.

i kinda like having ISOs. fun little thing to track down. and if you wait long enough maybe you will get a really good deal.
For their concert prints Phish puts out run sizes of over 750 that sellout instantly for the 2 artists most closely tied to the band's history, Welker and Pollock. Either one of these artists fart anything Phish related and Phish fans gobble it up instantly. Just how it is.

Add to that the ever growing Welker Print community and people who couldn't care less about any of this stuff but realize this thus knew these were gonna flip and you get what u saw today. Welker could have added 500 more to the overall edition size and this was still gonna sellout in minutes
This isn’t a phish print though. It’s a Welker
They hype is strong though. That Facebook group had been amazing for the markets and people looking to cash in. My feeling is it shouldn’t be *too* difficult to pick up down the road if you missed out, but I’ve been wrong before.

Wonder if I could get $2500-$3000 cash and/or trade for and in person trade for my Frame Fetish Astron. I’ve been tempted to try. Wish I would have held onto my UIC past 2014 lately
phishstix101
Art Expert

Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:12 pm

pvecchi wrote:
rikkirattoe wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:i think it just comes from alot of people who don't spend alot of their time as collectors. which is definitely a good thing.

they only have one thing like this band or this print, or this artist that means alot to them.

but it really does take time and knowing what you want out of the hobby to not be upset if you don't score.

i kinda like having ISOs. fun little thing to track down. and if you wait long enough maybe you will get a really good deal.
For their concert prints Phish puts out run sizes of over 750 that sellout instantly for the 2 artists most closely tied to the band's history, Welker and Pollock. Either one of these artists fart anything Phish related and Phish fans gobble it up instantly. Just how it is.

Add to that the ever growing Welker Print community and people who couldn't care less about any of this stuff but realize this thus knew these were gonna flip and you get what u saw today. Welker could have added 500 more to the overall edition size and this was still gonna sellout in minutes
They hype is strong though. That Facebook group had been amazing for the markets and people looking to cash in. My feeling is it shouldn’t be *too* difficult to pick up down the road if you missed out, but I’ve been wrong before.

Wonder if I could get $2500-$3000 cash and/or trade for and in person trade for my Frame Fetish Astron. I’ve been tempted to try. Wish I would have held onto my UIC past 2014 lately
Would love to see a photo of the frame fetish Astron! 100 % of the frame ups I’ve seen are terrible!
piper27
Art Expert

Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:21 pm

I missed on the drop really wanted to get my first Welker. Took my lunch break after I wiffed, smoked a lefty and all was right in the world. fudge happens. On to the next
Codeblue wrote:Try vigorously rubbing yer peen on it several times.
dmm8878
Art Expert

Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:08 pm

51SaNyJba+L._SY450_.jpg
ottomatik71 wrote:Your punk ass attitude isn't going to help you get this print.
bsharp
Art Expert

Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:07 pm

FB group's now in sleuth mode, trying to identify all eBay users selling The Maze.

"Here they are, even if we can get one of them it's worth it! Start digging y'all!!"
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:13 pm

Luls. Sounds like a great bunch of folks and a fun place.
rikkirattoe
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:17 pm

pvecchi wrote:

Yeah it's not an official Phish print but this is more imagery coming from Welker that is heavily inspired by the iconic (at least for Phish fans) album art for Rift. I don't think anybody who has actually seen the original album art would deny the association.

I might be in the minority but I'd love it if he did a print for every song title off the album now that we're already 4 songs down.
danielpmcauliffe
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:26 pm

phishstix101 wrote:
pvecchi wrote:
rikkirattoe wrote:

Would love to see a photo of the frame fetish Astron! 100 % of the frame ups I’ve seen are terrible!
Lol, so true. I bet Link managed to ruin one of the only really good Pollocks. It boggles my mind that people like his stuff. I know we all have different tastes, but his frameups are just so tacky. And he's more expensive than just about any other framer out there. You could get 2 Further framed pieces for the price of one of his.
rikkirattoe
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:27 pm

bsharp wrote:FB group's now in sleuth mode, trying to identify all eBay users selling The Maze.

"Here they are, even if we can get one of them it's worth it! Start digging y'all!!"
I don't get it, are they gonna get their orders refunded? I think the fact that his earlier Rift prints have done so well on the aftermarket meant that he could sell this new Maze print with a much higher edition size and rake in $300k and if there's another Rift print coming in the future, maybe he can attempt to make even more.

So why would BN or Welker wanna screw with the mms?
bsharp
Art Expert

Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:36 pm

rikkirattoe wrote:
bsharp wrote:FB group's now in sleuth mode, trying to identify all eBay users selling The Maze.

I don't get it, are they gonna get their orders refunded? I think the fact that his earlier Rift prints have done so well on the aftermarket meant that he could sell this new Maze print with a much higher edition size and rake in $300k and if there's another Rift print coming in the future, maybe he can attempt to make even more.

So why would BN or Welker wanna screw with the mms?
People are just bitter they didn't score. It must be the flippers' fault!

As an aside, haven't some flippers had orders refunded in the past by BNG and others? It's just a matter of whether BNG (or whoever) has the time or willingness to go through listings?
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:45 pm

Jesus, reading through those melts posted earlier... What the hell is wrong with people? Sense of entitlement is absolutely unreal. One of the reasons I don't venture into these big groups. That expectation that just because you want something entitles you to have an opportunity to buy it from the source, along with the hive mind that reinforces that mindset... I'm glad almost all of that has moved out of EB and into Facebook, so I don't have to deal with that fudge anymore. It is kind of funny from a trainwreck/spectator point of view though. :lol:
So it goes...