The Ebay Advice Column

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:01 pm

Hmm, I don’t think so Chevy. 1st class international is only trackable to Canada. The tracking number will only say “arrived in (country of destination).” Luckily, it’s an incredibly reliable service IME; I’ve only ever had one tube go missing over the years and it ended up coming back to me like 2 months later. Not sure how that ties in with insurance via insurepost soupy, that why I self-insure everything. GL, hope it wasn’t a big ticket item. Prolly a Fairey, right? Frenchies love that fudge.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
soupysound
EB Team

Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:10 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:Prolly a Fairey, right? Frenchies love that fudge.
haha. yep. 2 faireys in one tube so hurts a bit more. luckily no "big ticket" ones. fingers crossed that insurepost can cover it. the buyer opened a case right away without messaging me so i've got a rather short time frame to search. have no idea how to search via the french postal site as some of it doesn't get translated.

what do you mean by "self-insure", EGT? insurepost is a 3rd party and is cheaper than going through ebay insurance.
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:12 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:Hmm, I don’t think so Chevy. 1st class international is only trackable to Canada. The tracking number will only say “arrived in (country of destination).” Luckily, it’s an incredibly reliable service IME; I’ve only ever had one tube go missing over the years and it ended up coming back to me like 2 months later. Not sure how that ties in with insurance via insurepost soupy, that why I self-insure everything. GL, hope it wasn’t a big ticket item. Prolly a Fairey, right? Frenchies love that fudge.
Yes sorry did not see it left the country already. I've never shipped to France but had one to AU that was delayed and USPS does say once it has left the country their part is done, obviously but did not offer help. But AU post was helpful. Reach out to La Poste through the contact option if not finding anything specific. Good luck

Good thing it didn't go to Italy :) Half-ton of undelivered mail found in Italy postman’s garage
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/eu ... 697b3c9327
soupysound
EB Team

Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:14 pm

i guess the question being.... anyone able to read french send me a PM? :lol:

... and can help submitting a request to search for missing mail in france.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:38 pm

By self-insure I just mean that I buy the 60” tubes from Yazoo that are .2” thick - just about as rock solid as you can get without using PVC. Then I use a reciprocating saw to cut all my tubes to the exact size I need. Those tubes are almost impossible to bend at 60”; cut down to 24” or less and you can literally stand on them and they won’t bend. And if the piece is worth over $300, I use international express which does include tracking and arrives in 3-5 days. Costs about $60 a pop but that cost just gets passed on to buyers.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:57 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:By self-insure I just mean that I buy the 60” tubes from Yazoo that are .2” thick - just about as rock solid as you can get without using PVC. Then I use a reciprocating saw to cut all my tubes to the exact size I need. Those tubes are almost impossible to bend at 60”; cut down to 24” or less and you can literally stand on them and they won’t bend. And if the piece is worth over $300, I use international express which does include tracking and arrives in 3-5 days. Costs about $60 a pop but that cost just gets passed on to buyers.
Nice, I used a couple of POW tubes cut down but had not looked into getting such a large Yazoo tube. Really only been selling off the excess but have a couple that have gotten a little expensive I've debated on selling but worried to ship.. Thanks for the tip.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:00 pm

soupysound wrote:i guess the question being.... anyone able to read french send me a PM? :lol:

... and can help submitting a request to search for missing mail in france.
Luls.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:06 pm

soupysound wrote:anyone have experience with USPS FIRST CLASS INTERNATIONAL to france and having a "lost" package? tracking hasn't been updated since january 16th and buyer said item not received. the ebay note states "Delivery Confirmation is not available for this shipping service, for the destination country that you've selected". does that negate my insurance via insurepost?

do i have any course of action to request a "search" for the missing mail? or what are my options? am i SOL?
france_tracking.jpg

have you tried looking it up via track-trace.com? it can sometimes pick up things USPS/local tracking cant.

and fwiw, i'd give it atleast another 2 more weeks.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
PLUSH
Art Expert

Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:20 pm

Guy buys print, didn't like it, so he bends the corner, says not as described, sends it back. So I got to refund this asswipe. :hanging:
Kramerica
Art Freak

Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:41 pm

Name please?
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
PLUSH
Art Expert

Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:05 pm

PLUSH wrote:Here is some to add:

headzipper
paullinsley
rombleu
myfriendlyadvice

One of these guys.
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:26 pm

PLUSH wrote:

headzipper
paullinsley
rombleu
myfriendlyadvice

One of these guys.
PLUSH wrote:Guy buys print, didn't like it, so he bends the corner, says not as described, sends it back. So I got to refund this asswipe. :hanging:

Did it to me too. Let me slim that list down:

headzipper

drymounting scumbag
haven
Art Expert

Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:44 pm

ygolohcysp wrote:
PLUSH wrote:

headzipper
paullinsley
rombleu
myfriendlyadvice

One of these guys.
PLUSH wrote:Guy buys print, didn't like it, so he bends the corner, says not as described, sends it back. So I got to refund this asswipe. :hanging:

Did it to me too. Let me slim that list down:

headzipper

drymounting scumbag
haven wrote:
A turd of the highest order.
pvecchi
Art Expert

Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:46 pm

Anyone else having issues with listing ending and starting notifications being sent to your email?...been out for a few days for me
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:05 pm

yes. even listing confirmations are not going out. not sure what the deal is