So we are getting into pins now?

General art-related discussion.
mrsippycups
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:30 pm

any body know where to get or what the james jean pin back are? I love how secure they are
recycler wrote:You do not need poster nerds to tell you what you should like.
ISO: "Champagne Charlie" sheet music cover by Alfred Concanen
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:17 am

So for anyone at NYCC, I have an extra pin from Matthew Skiff from a Robocop project he worked on.

It's yours to whoever wants it, either contact me here or if you see me at the con over the next 3 days. Just come up and say Hi.

My carry tube I'll have looks like this so should be easy enough to spot.

ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
UncleRob
Art Connoisseur

Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:36 pm

tweetick
Art Connoisseur

Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:13 pm

FrankBooth wrote:So for anyone at NYCC, I have an extra pin from Matthew Skiff from a Robocop project he worked on.
It's yours to whoever wants it, either contact me here or if you see me at the con over the next 3 days. Just come up and say Hi.

My carry tube I'll have looks like this so should be easy enough to spot.

You pulled the backs from your Stout stickers!
YOU PULLED THE BACKS FROM YOUR STOUT STICKERS!!!
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:24 pm

tweetick wrote:You pulled the backs from your Stout stickers!
YOU PULLED THE BACKS FROM YOUR STOUT STICKERS!!!
:lol: :lol:
ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:36 pm

Uniqlo just dropped some Keith Haring & JM Basquiat pins if any of you guys are interested... :pint:

https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men/sprz-n ... collection
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
pittidesart
Art Expert

Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:10 pm

My First pin has finally dropped... VICES "Logo" pins on sale here: http://pittidesartstudios.bigcartel.com ... -lapel-pin
Official website: http://www.pittidesart.com
joeyyo
Art Enthusiast

Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:38 am

Dope enamel pins by graffiti legend SEEN available at Graffiti Losers: https://www.graffitiloser.com/collections/pins
mintplusplus

Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:36 pm

Heyyy. If you're STILL into enamel pins, years after their peak :wink:, I actually just started a pin company (and sometimes music label) called Mint Plus Plus.

Our first pin series Unreliable Visions of the Past goes up for sale in August with 2 designs and we also have a dumb/silly/pandering side-project pin series called Cease & Desist that is happening through Kickstarter. It's all a weird mixture of our favorite stuff–physical mediums of music/video, 90s/early 2000s culture, sci-fi/supernatural narratives and world-building, etc. I'm going to be mixing in other formats like print (booklets) and music (tapes) to, hopefully, create a cool little pin/music shop with some narrative elements to it.

You can see what we have planned by visiting our Kickstarter and by following us on Instagram at @mintplusplus.

Last thing that *might* be interesting is we are selling 4 lifetime pin subscriptions for $100 flat. They're being sold as a reward level through our Kickstarter and they get you one copy of EVERY pin we put out for life (no minimum or maximum, could be 5 pins or 500). I put that reward up yesterday and 3 of the 4 slots are already gone. Kind of crazy but also fun.

That's enough "about me/promo" for now. I'm on page 12 of this thread, so I have to go back to catching up on the 2+ years of pins here.
mintplusplus

Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:24 pm

35mmpaul wrote:
This a years old post I'm quoting but these strike me as an extra-great use of the pin format. I can't recall if these were ever shown as pins in the movie but I always love when the pin is a pin that would have existed in that movie/story/narrative's world.

I also forgot to share my own pin collecting story in my other post. I had a very small collection of little league and MLB pins when I was 9-10 years old and I remember I would just take them out and hold them and rub my fingers over the contour lines or admire the smooth coating. I've always had a kind of weird fascination with textures and certain things are very soothing to me (the texture of vending machine bouncy balls, threads on a game-regulation baseball, jewelry chains with small links, bags or soft plastics filled with water, etc). I remember pins gave me that same kind of soothing/satisfying feeling.

Fast forward to a few years ago, I slowly realized that I was getting quite a bit of free pins along with my tapes and records from indie rock/emo/punk record labels (Lauren Records, Topshelf Records, Joyful Noise, etc). I also would occasionally buy pins for my current-wife/then-girlfriend as small gifts. One day, I stuck all the pins I owned on to an old cork board in my closet and took a step back and realized "Oh, I guess I have a collection of enamel pins now." :P Tomorrow, I have a huge box of my first self-designed pins coming, so I'll have to drop them in my spare room and take a step back and realize that I'm now officially a collector and maker. :!:
simplyrob
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:58 am

Been looking for Brad Hill pins. Tough lil things to track down. I find them every so often. The search is real. That is all.
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:40 am

simplyrob wrote:Been looking for Brad Hill pins. Tough lil things to track down. I find them every so often. The search is real. That is all.
Dropped one in the mail for you yesterday.
Also all my pins from SDCC this year:
downforcemedia
Art Expert

Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:47 am

The Emek/Bioworkz collaboration pin was my first. Could be a new obsession!
Lies are a funny thing. They slip through your fingertips because they never happened to you. Time wounds all the heals as we fade out of view
downforcemedia
Art Expert

Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:49 am

joeyyo wrote:Dope enamel pins by graffiti legend SEEN available at Graffiti Losers: https://www.graffitiloser.com/collections/pins
The greatest of all time. I picked up a set a while back. The throw-up pin is now sold out but the tag pin is still available.

Richie's stuff is so limited. If you are into graf - especially old school stuff - these are a must have.
Lies are a funny thing. They slip through your fingertips because they never happened to you. Time wounds all the heals as we fade out of view
mintplusplus

Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:59 pm

My first two pins just came in the mail a few hours ago. I'm super happy with how these came out.

Super stoked to get those out. Right now, the only way to grab these are through my Kickstarter as bonus rewards. They'll come with a mysterious history booklet about each shop, which is still in production, so it might be a while before I can get them properly in a web shop. Super excited though!