Currency Wars, USD, YEN, Bitcoin and what it means to you.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:26 am

Could be.... idk, the more I looked into XRP I am just more put off by it. The fact that it's centralized is a no no for me, the owners basically own more than half of the tokens, and there are a gazillion of them. Not to say it's worthless but I still have no idea how it shot up that much in such a short time. I had all sorts of random people texting me about how to buy it so for me it just was very offputting. Not to say you couldn't have made money on it... I did. But just don't get too greedy, that's all.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:29 am

63schoeffling wrote:Could be.... idk, the more I looked into XRP I am just more put off by it. The fact that it's centralized is a no no for me, the owners basically own more than half of the tokens, and there are a gazillion of them. Not to say it's worthless but I still have no idea how it shot up that much in such a short time. I had all sorts of random people texting me about how to buy it so for me it just was very offputting. Not to say you couldn't have made money on it... I did. But just don't get too greedy, that's all.
get all of those points but at the same time i just always find it amusing that people want to make money from other cryptos but when you have something thats actually being adopted in front of you thats making money, they choose not to purchase on this "code" they made up for themselves. I can't imagine you're going to personally use 95% of what you bought in for actual usage. You're investing.

I personally have a hard time thinking it can go over $5 in the short term but seeing that just .50 alone on the moneygram announcement and with 2 more payment systems in the pipeline...who knows.
jjbehren
Flipper

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:33 am

63schoeffling wrote:
tjinoh wrote:Any recommendations on a customizable dashboard for tracking?
Use the Delta app. I switched from Blockfolio and won't look back.
I love the Delta app. However, for some reason it won't update while on my wifi network at home. LTE is no problem. And everything else on my phone seems to work fine on the wifi. Strange.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:37 am

jjbehren wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:
tjinoh wrote:Any recommendations on a customizable dashboard for tracking?
Use the Delta app. I switched from Blockfolio and won't look back.
I love the Delta app. However, for some reason it won't update while on my wifi network at home. LTE is no problem. And everything else on my phone seems to work fine on the wifi. Strange.
I love the Coin Stats app.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:37 am

acidburn wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:Could be.... idk, the more I looked into XRP I am just more put off by it. The fact that it's centralized is a no no for me, the owners basically own more than half of the tokens, and there are a gazillion of them. Not to say it's worthless but I still have no idea how it shot up that much in such a short time. I had all sorts of random people texting me about how to buy it so for me it just was very offputting. Not to say you couldn't have made money on it... I did. But just don't get too greedy, that's all.
get all of those points but at the same time i just always find it amusing that people want to make money from other cryptos but when you have something thats actually being adopted in front of you thats making money, they choose not to purchase on this "code" they made up for themselves. I can't imagine you're going to personally use 95% of what you bought in for actual usage. You're investing.

I personally have a hard time thinking it can go over $5 in the short term but seeing that just .50 alone on the moneygram announcement and with 2 more payment systems in the pipeline...who knows.
I purchased it, lol. I'm saying that in my case... I had people hitting me up like "Hey how do I get set up on Coinbase, I want to buy Ripple because I hear it's the next big thing" when it was at like $2.80. When people are acting like it's free money and an easy 10x in their first dip into crypto that's when I try and talk some sense into them. Nothing to do with any code or this or that. I bought some on the ride up and sold on the ride up because it was easy money, lol. I literally had people telling me it would be $100 in the next six months. That's alarming to me because it means some people just did no research and blindly throw money in so I try and put the brakes on them from doing that.

That being said, there's a ton of things I am not invested in just because I am spread too thin as it is. I would love to have some NEO, EOS, more IOTA, etc.... but you can't get into everything! The long story short is that IMO (which means next to nothing) there are so many opportunities out there to make money, I just don't see XRP at $3 being among the best bets given how it exploded the last month or so. I could be wrong... because I usually am, but that's my opinion.
Last edited by 63schoeffling on Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:38 am

63schoeffling
Art Expert

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:40 am

. damn double posts.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:41 am

63schoeffling wrote:
acidburn wrote:

I purchased it, lol. I'm saying that in my case... I had people hitting me up like "Hey how do I get set up on Coinbase, I want to buy Ripple because I hear it's the next big thing" when it was at like $2.80. When people are acting like it's free money and an easy 10x in their first dip into crypto that's when I try and talk some sense into them. Nothing to do with any code or this or that. I bought some on the ride up and sold on the ride up because it was easy money, lol.

That being said, there's a ton of things I am not invested in just because I am spread too thin as it is. I would love to have some NEO, EOS, more IOTA, etc.... but you can't get into everything! The long story short is that IMO (which means next to nothing) there are so many opportunities out there to make money, I just don't see XRP at $3 being among the best bets given how it exploded the last month or so. I could be wrong... because I usually am, but that's my opinion.
haha i meant more like the ppl on social media who won't get into it because its too centralized. Everyone and their mom were talking about ripple two weeks ago. My strategy always has been the CB sell and haha i think thats like everyones strategy now.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:44 am

Ohh yeah, who the hell knows. I'm just spending time doubling and tripling down on everything I have. One of the headscratchers is why BAT is still so low. I've been dabbling with the Brave browser and it's pretty awesome so far. Not every site works perfectly but when the guy who created Javascript and Firefox is behind it, that's where I want to put my money behind. I wish I got in earlier, but the price is still floating at like $0.65-.75c so I want to keep accumulating.
soam24
Art Freak

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:45 am

63schoeffling
Art Expert

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:50 am

I have a feeling that OMG may be the one token I look back on down the line and smash my head against a wall thinking why didn't I pick up more. I hope to God I have enough tokens to stake when they announce POS, lol.
soam24
Art Freak

Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:00 pm

63schoeffling wrote:
I have a feeling that OMG may be the one token I look back on down the line and smash my head against a wall thinking why didn't I pick up more. I hope to God I have enough tokens to stake when they announce POS, lol.

It's definitely tougher to get full bags at that price range but do what you can within reason obv.

My next acquisition will be RDN
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:06 pm

RDN is a good move. I was looking back when it was around $3 and missed the boat. So I rage bought cheaper tokens instead, lol.
hax0n
Art Expert

Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:19 pm

I've been hearing more and more about this exchange Kucoin.com . Good platform and tons of trading pairs. Also has its own coin "KCS" that is absolutely mooning :shock:

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/kucoin-shares/
electrachrome wrote:None of us who are responsible for this website really have any idea how it works
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:28 pm

hax0n wrote:I've been hearing more and more about this exchange Kucoin.com . Good platform and tons of trading pairs. Also has its own coin "KCS" that is absolutely mooning :shock:

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/kucoin-shares/
After getting super frustrated with EtherDelta and ForkDelta lately, I signed up for KuCoin and I was shocked at how easy and quick it was. That's where I bought my DRGN.... tons of shitcoins on there that seem to moon, haha.