Currency Wars, USD, YEN, Bitcoin and what it means to you.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
User avatar
jjbehren
Flipper
Posts: 12739
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:00 am

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:22 am

63schoeffling wrote:You really can't go wrong by just holding.
Sure you can, but the worst that happens is that you lose your initial investment.

I'm sitting tight for now and watching what happens. Generally there seems to be a pretty predictable ebb and flow between the price of alts and the price of BTC/ETH. Alts up, BTC/ETH down, and vice versa. I know it's kind of obvious, but if the market starts to behave with any kind of consistency, a guy could make pretty good money just selling high and buying low. You'd just need to pick a nice, low-risk stable of alts
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9547
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:26 am

63schoeffling wrote:
acidburn wrote:Bought some Sia last night
I had some months back and I think it was below $1. Not much, but it looked like it was going to be super long term so I just swapped out. Last I checked it was at like $.06 so it would have been nicey profit, lol.

One thing I am really trying to stick to is not cashing anything out in 2018. So far I have bought more and added as opposed to trying to trade/sell anything like that. You really can't go wrong by just holding.
My biggest cashout last year was just a lesson and pure stupidity. Regret it everyday. Its helped me on these drops. I know you aren't supposed to look back but there have been a few paths that I took that were def the wrong ones haha. If I went in the other direction it would have been nice.

I did cash out on Tron though. Got in at around .02 and had no clue why I was sitting on it. A friend had recommended it.
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
Posts: 8173
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:27 am

jjbehren wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:You really can't go wrong by just holding.
Sure you can, but the worst that happens is that you lose your initial investment.

I'm sitting tight for now and watching what happens. Generally there seems to be a pretty predictable ebb and flow between the price of alts and the price of BTC/ETH. Alts up, BTC/ETH down, and vice versa. I know it's kind of obvious, but if the market starts to behave with any kind of consistency, a guy could make pretty good money just selling high and buying low. You'd just need to pick a nice, low-risk stable of alts
True.... but I guess I meant to say if you just went through 2017 buying and holding then you definitely made great returns. I read somewhere that if you put $1k into the top 10 coins at the start of 2017 it would have been about $550k at year's end. That's insane, haha.
User avatar
toobs
Art Expert
Posts: 8595
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:55 pm
Contact:

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:46 am

63schoeffling wrote:
jjbehren wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:You really can't go wrong by just holding.
Sure you can, but the worst that happens is that you lose your initial investment.

I'm sitting tight for now and watching what happens. Generally there seems to be a pretty predictable ebb and flow between the price of alts and the price of BTC/ETH. Alts up, BTC/ETH down, and vice versa. I know it's kind of obvious, but if the market starts to behave with any kind of consistency, a guy could make pretty good money just selling high and buying low. You'd just need to pick a nice, low-risk stable of alts
True.... but I guess I meant to say if you just went through 2017 buying and holding then you definitely made great returns. I read somewhere that if you put $1k into the top 10 coins at the start of 2017 it would have been about $550k at year's end. That's insane, haha.
I'd be happy to get 10% of that this year.... so ... :clap:
Image
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9547
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:53 am

haha yea i bet. Im just trying to find decent ones with low supply right now.
User avatar
butter80
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 362
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:53 pm

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:54 am

LET'S GO RIPPLE!
Karma is coming Monkey boy! watch yourself...
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
Posts: 8173
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:59 am

butter80 wrote:LET'S GO RIPPLE!
Actually... those people who bought into XRP around $3 might be screwed by holding, lol. Hopefully you got in before the hype train.
User avatar
soam24
Art Freak
Posts: 12340
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:00 am
Location: The land of lizards

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:08 am

Crypto where a day feels like a year.
Image
User avatar
soam24
Art Freak
Posts: 12340
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:00 am
Location: The land of lizards

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:13 am

Nano wallet just came in. Can't wait to set this baby up.
Image
User avatar
tjinoh
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 447
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:00 am
Location: Dayton, OH

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:14 am

Any recommendations on a customizable dashboard for tracking?
User avatar
toobs
Art Expert
Posts: 8595
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:55 pm
Contact:

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:14 am

63schoeffling wrote:
butter80 wrote:LET'S GO RIPPLE!
Actually... those people who bought into XRP around $3 might be screwed by holding, lol. Hopefully you got in before the hype train.
true ... was gunna buy more yesterday when it was in the 1.70 range ... oh well
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
User avatar
jjbehren
Flipper
Posts: 12739
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:00 am

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:15 am

soam24 wrote:Crypto where a day feels like a year.
And where 100% gains feel like 10% gains.
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
Posts: 8173
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:16 am

tjinoh wrote:Any recommendations on a customizable dashboard for tracking?
Use the Delta app. I switched from Blockfolio and won't look back.
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9547
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:17 am

toobs wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:
butter80 wrote:LET'S GO RIPPLE!
Actually... those people who bought into XRP around $3 might be screwed by holding, lol. Hopefully you got in before the hype train.
true ... was gunna buy more yesterday when it was in the 1.70 range ... oh well
just signed a deal with moneygram and they're going to use xrp. Think they could be ok
User avatar
butter80
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 362
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:53 pm

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:21 am

acidburn wrote:
toobs wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:
butter80 wrote:LET'S GO RIPPLE!
Actually... those people who bought into XRP around $3 might be screwed by holding, lol. Hopefully you got in before the hype train.
true ... was gunna buy more yesterday when it was in the 1.70 range ... oh well
just signed a deal with moneygram and they're going to use xrp. Think they could be ok
8) 8) 8) 8)
Karma is coming Monkey boy! watch yourself...
Post Reply