LEGO - The thread.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:06 pm

drymount THIS
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
starkdesign
Art Expert

Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:19 pm

Anybody wanna trade a Nutcracker set to me for the mini London Red DoubleDecker bus? I got an extra one I figured I would throw up for trade here lol

So, my: Image

For your: Image

I can throw in some extra small LEGO stuffs if that helps, I know the nutcracker is a little higher in the aftermarket and not looking to scalp someone, just figured I would try here! :D
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
Lamarider
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:39 pm

For anyone looking to extend your winter village, buy
instructions for these moc’s, they’re all splendid and the seller
is a stand up guy.
Email or buy from Ebay.
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:20 pm

Saw on Reddit that the Millennium Falcon was back in stock online for a bit this morning - anyone manage to grab one who was still looking?
KSUvet
Art Expert

Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:13 pm

iwokeinrelief wrote:Saw on Reddit that the Millennium Falcon was back in stock online for a bit this morning - anyone manage to grab one who was still looking?
I thought about it for the card, whatever that's going to bring, but I've probably spent enough for the month. Still gonna wait for that double VIP.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
leary411
Art Expert

Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:01 pm

The Barnes and noble near me had all the new batman movie sets out today ... no new blind bags tho
T.K.C.
BavarianErin
Art Expert

Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:10 am

Lamarider wrote:For anyone looking to extend your winter village, buy
instructions for these moc’s, they’re all splendid and the seller
is a stand up guy.
Email or buy from Ebay.
I love these... any idea what an estimated cost for all the bricks would be for any of them?
ImageImage
thescofieldkid
Art Connoisseur

Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:58 pm

BavarianErin wrote:I love these... any idea what an estimated cost for all the bricks would be for any of them?
I ordered a few custom instructions last Christmas and quickly became discouraged after plugging the sets into brick link to find the pieces. I would guess $100-300 depending on the size of the set. You'll find the individual pieces for a reasonable prices, but will pay dearly for shipping from all the international locals. Many of them also have a minimum purchase (either by piece ct. or total spent) which doesn't help. Sadly, none of the sets were built here. They all look so awesome!

We have thousands of pieces here @ our house, but organization isn't a priority w/our boys.

Maybe someday....

Hope you have better luck if you decide to follow through!
Collect them all. Before you Die®
BavarianErin
Art Expert

Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:09 am

Thank you, that is exactly the info I needed. I guess I should think about if I want to invest in those, or just put the money towards the retired sets we missed.
ImageImage
fanboy
Art Expert

Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:12 pm

Several older sets on clearance at Target. I got my son the TIE Striker and Encounter on Jakku for about $80 total, retail would be $130.
ironjaiden wrote:I'm a whore so I'll draw whatever you want for a warm meal and a dirty hand job. Every artist is different.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:34 pm

Grabbed the Saturn V for my step dad rolling into retirement. He's a little intimidated :pint:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
starkdesign
Art Expert

Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:04 am

So what did (insert character of your choosing) bring to you for the holidays?

I snagged some architecture sets I had on my list, and a few rolls of that knockoff lego "tape" to play with. I think i might attach some to my flat file for displaying minifigs...

also found some brickheadz on clearance at target for cheap. and my neighbor snagged me that BB8 set for 70 from a walmart sale!

oh yeah got the UCS MF stand built this weekend too! haven't mounted the ship yet, so wish me luck lol

anyone go for the new 2018 sets that went live today?
Superfro33
Art Expert

Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:47 am

starkdesign wrote:anyone go for the new 2018 sets that went live today?
Erin and I were gifted a hefty Lego giftcard from a friend for Xmas to specifically put towards the Diner. So I guess we're starting in on the modulars. :shock:

It also means I drymounted up when I didn't pick up the Cinema the multiple chances I had to and debated about over the last 3 months. :hanging:
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:45 am

I didn't get anything myself, but my son got a couple of the newish Ninjago sets (the Cole mech was a fun build), a few of the Nexo Knights sets (Fortrex was a good build as well), plus an Angry Birds and a Minecraft set. So I spent a few days building with him, which is always a great time.

The space I had picked out for the Taj is only 17 inches deep, while the Taj is 20, so it remains boxed in my garage. Still going to put it together, but probably not until I upgrade some furniture this year.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:08 pm

Superfro33 wrote:
starkdesign wrote:anyone go for the new 2018 sets that went live today?
Erin and I were gifted a hefty Lego giftcard from a friend for Xmas to specifically put towards the Diner. So I guess we're starting in on the modulars. :shock:

It also means I drymounted up when I didn't pick up the Cinema the multiple chances I had to and debated about over the last 3 months. :hanging:
ugh yes, i have debated for years to start collecting that line (with much encouragement from Edgar lol), but have failed to get a single one. and the cinema one is the best of the bunch to start with, could even put whalen poster stickers on it
iwokeinrelief wrote:I didn't get anything myself, but my son got a couple of the newish Ninjago sets (the Cole mech was a fun build), a few of the Nexo Knights sets (Fortrex was a good build as well), plus an Angry Birds and a Minecraft set. So I spent a few days building with him, which is always a great time.

The space I had picked out for the Taj is only 17 inches deep, while the Taj is 20, so it remains boxed in my garage. Still going to put it together, but probably not until I upgrade some furniture this year.
yeah i have already gotten requests from the kids to help with their sets, specifically the new Kylo Ren ship to start with....and the giant disney castle my dad got our kids as a group gift. Totally going to supervise that build lol, too big a set to leave in the hands of the kids solo! :D

always a good idea to pick furniture based on your LEGO too i say! :wink: