The Ebay Advice Column

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
alittle
Art Freak

Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:07 pm

Yeah, but then it arrives "damaged".
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:04 pm

lujborg wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Got an impatient possibly scamming spustard for ya'll to block. PM me for the name.

P.S. Got this message yesterday after a different EBer bought something:

I'm so sorry, I had my phone in my packet, and I checked and, I received an email from ebay, saying, thanks for your purchase, I was like whaaaaat??? I'm broke right now I can afford that right now. I'm so sorry for the trouble

PM for dat name too.

I don't let anyone cancel anymore. It's amazing how many people stick to their commitments when you hold up your end of the bargain. If they paid already, just send that fudge out.

listed something (non-print related) in a damaged condition. listed twice as damaged (item specifics and in the body of the auction) plus included picture of the damage. buyer messages me the same day it arrive, "hey, got the item but its damaged."

stuck to my guns, said i did what i could to make sure it was present in the listing, told them i would accept a return if they paid shipping. they kept the item.

'tis the season for amazing buyers. gotta love this time of the year.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
DickButt
Art Expert

Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:05 pm

lujborg wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Got an impatient possibly scamming spustard for ya'll to block. PM me for the name.

P.S. Got this message yesterday after a different EBer bought something:

I'm so sorry, I had my phone in my packet, and I checked and, I received an email from ebay, saying, thanks for your purchase, I was like whaaaaat??? I'm broke right now I can afford that right now. I'm so sorry for the trouble

PM for dat name too.

I don't let anyone cancel anymore. It's amazing how many people stick to their commitments when you hold up your end of the bargain. If they paid already, just send that fudge out.

Last month I had someone buy an item with immediate payment and then 2 minutes later submit a cancel request. When that happens I normally agree but like to make them sweat and hold the money for a day first.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:48 pm

Pretty much the same thing this EBer did.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
guryter
Art Expert

Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:34 pm

"market is not there"
"how did you get this?"
"what's the lowest you'll take?"

*declines offer*
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
soupysound
EB Team

Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:15 pm

does ebay not charge final value fee on shipping charges anymore?

my last couple of transactions seem to only account for the price paid (and excludes shipping). i may revisit shipping charges if that is the case.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:38 pm

three of my last four fees were for final value fees on shipping.

shipping via fedex?
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
soupysound
EB Team

Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:11 pm

USPS. label generated directly via ebay.

i think one was domestic and the other was INTL.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:38 pm

and that is when you go to account > fees, and look at the itemized list?

perhaps there was some promo you signed up for?

1xRun Referral
whiskaz
Art Expert

Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:27 am

So I very rarely buy anything off of ebay and this isn't print-related at all but... bought a used game from someone. Marked shipped, no tracking. I finally followed up and said "where is it?" Seller provided a tracking # which sure enough said it had been delivered (a week early) at/in mailbox. I searched high and low. Notta. It shipped from "Pitney Bowes" which looks like the same source as the GSP? It shipped out of TN, not the seller's location (MI). I followed up and asked what it was shipped in (this time of year, there are a lot of packages coming in). The response was: "I Don't know what it looked like! Please close this request!"

So... am I being unreasonable here? It feels shady and while it's totally possible that I somehow got the mail and subsequently tossed it in the trash, that is not something I have ever done. Not sure what next steps to take, besides dropping it, since it was not a lot of $$$ (but still irks me).
Last edited by whiskaz on Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:50 am

whiskaz wrote:So I very rarely buy anything off of ebay and this isn't print-related at all but... bought a used game from someone. Marked shipped, no tracking. I finally followed up and said "where is it?" Seller provided a tracking # which sure enough said it had been delivered (a week early) at/in mailbox. I searched high and low. Notta. It shipped from "Pitney Bowes" which looks like the same source as the GSP? It shipped out of TN, not the seller's location (MI). I followed up and asked what it was shipped in (this time of year, there are a lot of packages coming in). The response was: "I Don't know what it looked like! Please close this request!"

So... am I being unreasonable here? It feels shady and while it's totally possible that I somehow got the mail and subsequently tossed it in the trash, that is not something I have ever done. Not sure what next steps to take, besides dropping it, since it was a lot of $$$ (but still irks me).
Did you by chance receive any USPS labels or boxes you were not expecting? I say that as the only thing I remember receiving from Pitney Bowes out of TN are shipments from USPS of free shipping supplies. You might be able to call USPS to confirm what was shipped as they may show it was supplies. Sounds shady though.
cotis
Art Expert

Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:41 pm

item listed at buy it now. person makes offer, i accept. 12 hours go by, buyer says "I retracted my offer about 20 minutes after making it. I'm sorry for any inconvenience. I found another much cheaper."

:roll:
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:22 pm

What's up with these EBers claiming they didn't get their fudge (shows as delivered), refusing to check with the post office, and escalating to a claim through Ebay? Don't they know that it'll be closed instantly?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
PLUSH
Art Expert

Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:58 pm

Anyone having issues printing postage labels today?

We're having trouble printing your labels
System unavailable. Please try again later!
ciphe
Art Expert

Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:23 pm

Buyer has wrong address on their account and claims I made the mistake. The label was printed directly from ebay and sent them a screenshot when they accused me of writing the wrong address.

The package is currently in usps limbo. Would I be at fault in this situation?