World of Whiskey

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
padelimike
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:02 pm

woah - no PVW Rye this year

Apparently that's for everyone - anyone know what's up, or did I miss a post about that in here?
infrared90s
Art Expert

Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:09 pm

apparently there is a 1 year gap in their barrel inventory
ackirkpatrick
Art Expert

Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:21 pm

infrared90s wrote:apparently there is a 1 year gap in their barrel inventory
Crooks.
Danno1
Art Expert

Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:51 pm

Nothing out of the ordinary but a nice stock up. Gonna give the Irish a taste this week, believe it or not I have never had Jameson of any variety. Another Private Barrel of KC, place claims its the sweetest KC they have ever tried so I shall see. 1.75 of Larceny on sale for $40, couldn't turn that down.

stay thirsty my friends
padelimike
Art Connoisseur

Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:02 pm

Danno1 wrote: believe it or not I have never had Jameson of any variety.
You owe it to yourself to try to find Gold Reserve and the 12YO, if possible.
Two complex and enjoyable sippers.

12YO has been discontinued, sadly.
The 18YO is like a cordial, it's so smooth and velvety, but not nearly as interesting as Gold or 12YO.
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:20 pm

If Jameson, all about Midleton that’s their best. If keeping under $100 Select Reserve Small Batch or if you want another Irish brand Powers John’s Lane are great, non need ice or to be cut.... trust me I’m a professional :pint:
Danno1
Art Expert

Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:16 pm

padelimike wrote: You owe it to yourself to try to find Gold Reserve and the 12YO, if possible.
Two complex and enjoyable sippers.

12YO has been discontinued, sadly.
The 18YO is like a cordial, it's so smooth and velvety, but not nearly as interesting as Gold or 12YO.
They have the Gold for $118, The 18YO for $153. Yikes I can't seem to get myself to drop anything over a $50 spot on much anymore.

Yeah Chevyay that's a serious collection there, could not have been cheap.
stay thirsty my friends
ackirkpatrick
Art Expert

Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:49 pm

Jameson has an IPA Caskmates coming out very soon. :D
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:00 pm

chevyav53 wrote:If Jameson, all about Midleton that’s their best.
I passed on that very Midleton at the Dublin Loop in favor of the Teeling Centenary 25 year. Come Thanksgiving I'll see if I cocked that choice up, but like to think not.
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
padelimike
Art Connoisseur

Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:42 pm

Danno1 wrote: They have the Gold for $118, The 18YO for $153.
I got lucky on a few bottles of Gold. Can't recommend the 18YO, really. It's as boring (to me) as it is refined.
You may be able to find some 12YO for $60 or less, it's not been gone long.

For around $50 in an Irish, try Green Spot or Red Breast 12YO.
The Jameson Gold is $100 in Pa.
Bought a few when they closed out here for $58 in 2015.
Perhaps it will close out here again, there are 200+ bottles in the state.
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:54 am

HappaHaoli wrote:
I passed on that very Midleton at the Dublin Loop in favor of the Teeling Centenary 25 year. Come Thanksgiving I'll see if I cocked that choice up, but like to think not.
Love Ireland and miss it. Back in 2011 I was being sent to Dublin for work. Almost spent all of 2012 there then back and forth for the next few years. Got to know the old guy at the Celtic Whiskey shop well and how I ended up with a couple of their Single Casks and picked up a few others then the Airport exclusives. Never know sometimes that Tryconnell, from airport, not my favorite. But others amazing.

See some of the prices on the Gold. Can’t believe they’re selling the Gold for that much now. Not my favorite and why still closed in box but have not paid attention to cost.

Knappogue 16yr another hidden gem by the way.
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:34 am

chevyav53 wrote:
HappaHaoli wrote:
Love Ireland and miss it. Back in 2011 I was being sent to Dublin for work. Almost spent all of 2012 there then back and forth for the next few years. Got to know the old guy at the Celtic Whiskey shop well and how I ended up with a couple of their Single Casks and picked up a few others then the Airport exclusives. Never know sometimes that Tryconnell, from airport, not my favorite. But others amazing.

See some of the prices on the Gold. Can’t believe they’re selling the Gold for that much now. Not my favorite and why still closed in box but have not paid attention to cost.

The US Customs pre-screening agents in Dublin seem to have a pretty sweet posting, as you did.
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:48 pm

HappaHaoli wrote:
chevyav53 wrote:
HappaHaoli wrote:

The US Customs pre-screening agents in Dublin seem to have a pretty sweet posting, as you did.
About the Knappogue? Where’s that?

The prescreen is one of the best parts flying out of Dublin back to the states, even with a connection, you can load up with great and rare bottles.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:14 am

Went over to a buddy's house to hang out and do a tasting. Started with the Taylor Four Grain. Very sweet, but super enjoyable. Then we started down the Blantons road. Started with a single barrel store select, then moved to the gold. Hot damn, Blanton's Gold is amazing. We loved it so much, we just kept drinking it and decided to save the Straight from the Barrel for another time. Ended the night with some George T. Stagg Barrel Proof
But wow, I love the Gold so much I'm gonna try and get a few bottles of it
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
thescofieldkid
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:03 pm

Good friend to have J, fantastic lineup!

Thurs is whiskey night w/the fellas here too.

Last night's offerings:
Parker's 11th ed
Barrell Rye 1
Whistle Pig Boss Hog
Whistle Pig Old World (Madeira finish)
Inchmurrin (Madeira finish) was the final pour

Skipped the cigars for left handed cigarettes.
Collect them all. Before you Die®