Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:05 pm

Oof.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Baker
Art Expert

Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:24 am

ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
Baker
Art Expert

Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:26 am

infrared90s wrote:i think that was a one time thing but the beer in those barrels could be from the same batch. now that i think about it, the soon to be released scotch parabola variant is most likely blvd brewed :?
Assuming they just filled them, I seriously doubt they are from the same batch. They IG'd a couple months ago when barrel 10k was filled, so those have to be filled from a fresh batch.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
shoeless
Art Expert

Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:29 am

Going to a buddies wedding this weekend.
He tells me to bring a couple growlers to take home leftover beer.
Do y'all think that'll keep carbonated till next weekend if I keep the growler sealed?
sidewaysscott
Art God

Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:32 am

shoeless wrote:Going to a buddies wedding this weekend.
Do y'all think that'll keep carbonated till next weekend if I keep the growler sealed?
If it's a typical growler, I wouldn't count on it. Maybe if it's one of those newer fancy kinds, maybe...
I think a week is pushing it for sure. Worth a shot though, especially if it's good beer.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:49 am

it depends on the beer in the growler..IPA's will stay fresh in a sealed growler a week-10days
higher octane beers (Stouts, Porters, Barleywines) can last longer as they are less carbonated..I've have stouts last 6 months in a growler properly stored and tasted fantastic when I opened it
kansasbbq
Art God

Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:56 am

sidewaysscott wrote:
If it's a typical growler, I wouldn't count on it. Maybe if it's one of those newer fancy kinds, maybe...
I think a week is pushing it for sure. Worth a shot though, especially if it's good beer.
And it's free.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
Baker
Art Expert

Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:14 pm

From Jared Jankoski, Brewmaster, Goose Island Beer Company

Hey there friends. We’re gearing up for the release of Bourbon County Stout around here. This year’s line-up is tasting great (even better than the pork shoulder I smoked last night) but we do have an update for you.

We planned for seven Bourbon County variants, and now we’re going to release six. Since we wanted to let you know first, here’s the scoop. Straight from the brewmaster’s mouth.

We will not be releasing Reserve Barleywine. This beer was aged for nearly two years in 35-year-old bourbon casks, and it was one of our most ambitious barrel projects to date. We know that both re-using barrels and lengthy aging time can put us in a vulnerable situation. But why not try it?

Well, as it turns out, it doesn’t taste like what we wanted it to. We noticed before release, so it won’t be shipping out this year. But, we still have six badass beers coming out on Black Friday, and we’re really proud of each one.

And before you ask, we’ve done extensive tasting and testing of the other variants and those beers are solid. They check out by both our quality testing program and our validated taste panel, i.e. people who are very good at tasting beer and do it a lot.

Believe me, we’re as bummed as you are. Well. More. But don’t worry – this year’s Bourbon County line-up will still give you plenty to ponder and appreciate with friends and loved ones. Brewer’s word.

Jared Jankoski
Gigantico
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:16 pm

AB Inbev would rather you drink Bud anyway. All good. Dilly Dilly. :pint:
jlabbate
Art Freak

Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:47 pm

plenty of chili pepper and chocolate..a bit light on barrel presence but still an exceptional beer..
kansasbbq
Art God

Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:40 am

:drool: :drool: :drool:
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
fredo
Art God

Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:10 pm

just a foil for me today, thanks
phishstix101
Art Expert

Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:54 am

Deeeeelicious!
biscocrack420
Art Expert

Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:28 pm

Received some of this in the mail. The ipa is really tasty. I haven't got around to drinking the stout yet
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:55 pm

grabbed a few beers while back home. some solid new brews coming out of MN. held back on the Darkness this year.

I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral