Official Expresso Beans Art News.
matowest
Art Expert

Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:31 pm

Donated, duh
jjttdw
Art Expert

Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:35 pm

Kicked in 10 and will hit it again once some of my crap on eBay sells.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
sirmitchell
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:54 pm

Willing to donate some high value prints to help reach your goal, can one of the admins hit me up privately?
finneganm
Art Freak

Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:56 pm

sirmitchell wrote:Willing to donate some high value prints to help reach your goal, can one of the admins hit me up privately?
I'm thinking the same thing.
That's what she said
zenmechanic
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:27 pm

Donated!
dragonmanagement
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:35 pm

In for $100, worth it
dragonmanagement
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:36 pm

cotis wrote:can we get a runny tally to see how much has been raised?
this
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:38 pm

Yes, it would be cool to see a thermometer graphic and watch it fill up. But again, can't see it happening because I'm sure the powers want to go above and beyond the goal and money drives that show progress tend to dry up once the goal is reached.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:45 pm

Not really. Plenty of kickstarter thingees go way over their goal.

P.S. Why don't ya just sell said high value prints and donate the proceeds? Or are we talkin waffle?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:47 pm

Already kicked in. Happy to help.
earlgreytoast wrote:Yes, it would be cool to see a thermometer graphic and watch it fill up.
Would donate more if it was measured by thermalerection.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:06 pm

moolah sent
disdig1
Art Expert

Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:44 pm

The store front feature sounds interesting. Don't use EB as much these days but this site has always been good to me money sent.
viastudio
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:04 pm

$40K seems overly reasonable for a site with the features you've incorporated.

Best of luck with the rebuild! Funds transferred!
isunktheship
Art Expert

Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:23 pm

Donated, dat beta access mayne

I threw my hat in ages ago to aid with any dev needs. Offer still stands, feel free to PM me!
Creation88 wrote:no top tier artists: no stout, no moss, no taylor, no horkey, no ansin
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:31 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:Yes, it would be cool to see a thermometer graphic and watch it fill up. But again, can't see it happening because I'm sure the powers want to go above and beyond the goal and money drives that show progress tend to dry up once the goal is reached.
If funding dries up because we've hit the goal, I'd be more than fine with it. My concern at this point is having started a project and what happens if you don't hit that mark and can't complete it. Part of why we split things in twain so that the crucial need (recoding the site and structuring it in a way that the current state and look are stable and more efficient) are completed even if we don't reach the goal. And then if/when we get there, the other portion can be completed.
The big reason (immediate) at the moment for not having a thermometer graphic ("thermalerection" :roll: ) is that we didn't want to take that time away from actually working on the site. Not like we're going thru kickstarter or such and can use their setup which shows real-time tallies.

Some questions to answer though:
-There are no plans for a "different" pin to show having contributed to this fundraising campaign specifically. Since the paypal account is the same as the one which takes in our "day to day" donations, there really isn't a good way (if any) to designate what funds are coming from where. All goes in to the same pot in any case.
-Pins will be posted to accounts as they always are/have been, so it will be a couple of days (likely) before I can get to that. Normally that happens on Thursday mornings (as I have time slotted then) but pins take about 24-48 hours to show on accounts after I put them in the system, such is the cyclical nature of the site.
-Those of you who donated/gave at the "print" levels... we'll try and get those started shipping this week. Some of the prints (everything EB-10 and earlier) are not in my possession so another EB Board member will be taking care of those. We'll try and get those out promptly.
-To those who have offered items/prints for us to sell/auction off to raise funds... thank you for the offer. At this point we are hoping to NOT have to do that - either from individual donations or from artists directly. Several prominent artists have offered (in years past up til recently) to do such things and we only want to go that route if we can't accomplish this goal as a community first. If you are in a "I have no $ but have this print" situation, I'd encourage you to sell it and give the proceeds instead - the biggest reason to avoid an auction is that it's generally a headache to organize/coordinate and many of us already are a bit stretched in the time we have to give to EB, so putting together something like that means less time for tracking sales, new art, approving submissions, etc.

-Just by word of mouth, the forum post and home page banner, and a couple of Facebook posts I've seen, there has been a bit over $3500K raised for the site already in really just a bit over 48 hours - that's great and thank you all again.
Tra la la la la...