Anything OBEY related

General art-related discussion.
1000steps
Art Expert

Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:57 am

My half-hearted interest led to a half-hearted effort on the drop, yielding half-hearted disappointment upon failure.
Welcome to the sleaze pit
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:32 pm

No secret link for me
and I typed in my info .... :lol:
egrimens
Art Expert

Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:20 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:No super obvious, readily available link for me
and I typed in my info .... :lol:
FTFY
ackirkpatrick
Art Expert

Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:59 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:How so? Velvepeen Rabbit style?
Bigger than I was expecting and the black on white creates a pretty solid contrast
rka00
Art Expert

Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:37 am

Shep's largest-ever solo show in Los Angeles, sounds like a fun Saturday night, hmmmmmm...
DAMAGED-Save-the-date-Public-01.jpg
Damaged Opens 11/11 in LA!

“Damaged” is the forthcoming solo art exhibition from artist and provocateur Shepard Fairey. A nimble and prolific street artist, a skilled graphic artist, and a multifaceted fine artist, “Damaged” is the artist’s largest-ever solo show in Los Angeles.

Referencing Black Flag’s 1981 album “Damaged,” but inspired by a critical look at social issues that are currently in a state of crisis, Fairey’s latest body of work serves as a reflection on the damaged state of politics, media, human rights, the global approach to the environment, and more.

The exhibition opens in Los Angeles on November 11, 2017, and will showcase never-before-seen paintings, large scale sculptures, installations, etchings, retired stencils, a printed newspaper titled “The Damaged Times,” prints on wood and metal, and a display of various do-it-yourself tools of empowerment.

For more information about Damaged, email Library Street Collective at info@lscgallery.com.
xangelx
Art Expert

Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:37 pm

rka00 wrote:Shep's largest-ever solo show in Los Angeles, sounds like a fun Saturday night, hmmmmmm...

“Damaged” is the forthcoming solo art exhibition from artist and provocateur Shepard Fairey. A nimble and prolific street artist, a skilled graphic artist, and a multifaceted fine artist, “Damaged” is the artist’s largest-ever solo show in Los Angeles.

Referencing Black Flag’s 1981 album “Damaged,” but inspired by a critical look at social issues that are currently in a state of crisis, Fairey’s latest body of work serves as a reflection on the damaged state of politics, media, human rights, the global approach to the environment, and more.

The exhibition opens in Los Angeles on November 11, 2017, and will showcase never-before-seen paintings, large scale sculptures, installations, etchings, retired stencils, a printed newspaper titled “The Damaged Times,” prints on wood and metal, and a display of various do-it-yourself tools of empowerment.

For more information about Damaged, email Library Street Collective at info@lscgallery.com.
Was flying to New Zealand via LA on 11/13. May as well go a couple days early and pick up and HPM or an OG right?
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
rka00
Art Expert

Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:14 pm

xangelx wrote:
rka00 wrote:Shep's largest-ever solo show in Los Angeles, sounds like a fun Saturday night, hmmmmmm...

Was flying to New Zealand via LA on 11/13. May as well go a couple days early and pick up and HPM or an OG right?
:thumb:

Thinking about this one myself, can't afford an HPM or OG, but would like to pick up a print or two or three
Laguy34
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:43 pm

Dove set arrived. Very nice in person. Gold metallics......comes with a COA :drool:
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:45 pm

COA is interesting. Is that gonna be the #newnormal along with the tape flaps?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:56 pm

Coa like the compassion coa, coa like the comnanda mural coa or a whole new type
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:59 pm

What does the COA look like? Is it the usual Obey COA that any 8-year old can print at home? Never saw a point of those things.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:00 pm

Duh.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
ciphe
Art Expert

Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:06 pm

bubbie wrote:What does the COA look like? Is it the usual Obey COA that any 8-year old can print at home? Never saw a point of those things.
from ebay (not mine)

toobs
Art Expert

Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:32 pm

thats new
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:35 pm

I like it. Maybe I should use photoshop to create one all my Obey prints.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart