Are we in an Art Market Bubble

General art-related discussion.
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:08 am

ackirkpatrick wrote:
chevyav53 wrote:
ackirkpatrick wrote:Anyone hear the recent Joe Rogan Experiance with one of the hedge fund guys that short sub prime in '08? Pretty scary and I agree with him. Debt loads now are greater than they were in 08 and the Fed has interest rates so low as it is they won't be able to drop rates to pull us out of a recession like last time. It's coming and it is gonna be bad.
Peter Sciff is on point and after the next down turn I'll purchase another property just like the last time. People trying to off load their art, maybe.
When do you act?
Like for mutual funds and stocks and stuff
That's for another forum but that is the big money question. Can't know exactly, but as someone mentioned above, that is why you diversify. Then be prepared to liquidate and reallocate as needed.

I'm a small fish but enjoy investing in stocks and realestate but recently been fascinated by art. Never bought to invest in but had a gallery call me last year about a piece I bought from them 5 years ago I believe, they say it is now up $10k what I paid another around $5k above. Had me thinking people are crazy and about art. Been watching and wondering, seeing who is making waves and leaving impressions on the youth.
63schoeffling wrote:I haven't listened to the Sciff one yet. I guess I will have to.
The guy is out there on some of his views but gives great insight on the economy etc..., a good listen.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:19 am

727gallery has a banksy GWB up for £112k. how much were these on release? a few hundred?
that fudge has gotta be the best return on investment ever. print is only a decade or so old.

also:
Brazzzy
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:53 pm

63schoeffling wrote:I haven't listened to the Sciff one yet. I guess I will have to.
his conversations have been trending a little stale the last few years, but every so often he'll get a fascinating guest on.

I wish he would get ari and duncan on more often.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:56 pm

Brazzzy wrote:
his conversations have been trending a little stale the last few years, but every so often he'll get a fascinating guest on.

I wish he would get ari and duncan on more often.
Ah, I love Rogan and most of his guests. For every Mike Baker, Gad Saad, Jordan Petersen, etc., I love me some Joey Diaz, D'elia, Schaub and those guys.
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:05 pm

Have to start a what Podcast are you listening to in the other room before people get upset (probably one there but who cares)..... Joe is by far my top Podcast listen. Agree skip some but most are very interesting, love the asteroid and flood guys. But never go wrong with Schaub.
ackirkpatrick
Art Expert

Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:09 pm

I just started one not long ago
aldobishalini
Art Expert

Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:17 pm

chevyav53 wrote:Have to start a what Podcast are you listening to in the other room before people get upset (probably one there but who cares)..... Joe is by far my top Podcast listen. Agree skip some but most are very interesting, love the asteroid and flood guys. But never go wrong with Schaub.
I used to love Joe Rogan but the more I listened to him, the more I couldn’t stand him. He has interesting views but sometimes he talks out of his ass without realizing. I mainly listen for the fight podcasts and the occasional scientists. But even then, he tries to dispute the moon landing with Neil deGrasse Tyson and his “arguments” are moronic and completely ignorant...just as an example.

But as an MMA fan, he’ll have me coming back for breakdowns of fights and post fight analysis.
BISHALINI.com (My Collection) Image

“Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.”
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:48 pm

:iagree:
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:10 pm

Yeah agree, but he's high as fudge..... that's the best part just anything goes discussions.

SPAC04
Art Expert

Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:11 am

chevyav53 wrote:Look, trolls can avoid the discussion, very easy, just like how the girls ignore you just turn the other cheek if you don't want to talk about it. Part of the problem is this forum is just on Mondo and if you try to discuss anything else that their little brains can't handle they get upset.

On Mondo, or other poster art, I have seen some of you not get posters that come out and see them later up for resale and sit there because people think they are worth more than they are. Those posters are also susceptible to a bubble. I mentioned one artist Invader as the extreme but there are many more.
Look, im just gonna ignore you and your dumb posts.

aldobishalini
Art Expert

Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:48 am

chevyav53 wrote:Yeah agree, but he's high as fudge..... that's the best part just anything goes discussions.

Podcasts like with Neil deGrass Tyson, Rogan isn’t high because he actually attempts to have an intelligent conversation with them. He admitted he thought the moon landing was faked and he was SOBER. Imagine him high...

His convos with Eddie Bravo high as giraffe p*ssy are so stupid to listen to. Bravo just spouts some idiotic conspiracy theory crap that no one cares about... it got old FAST.

Rogan is good at regurgitating articles he has read, but when it comes to giving his scientific opinions, he shoul restrain himself a bit. His observations on human behavior are what he should stick with...and MMA of course.

“Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.”
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:49 am

SPAC04 wrote:
chevyav53 wrote:Look, trolls can avoid the discussion, very easy, just like how the girls ignore you just turn the other cheek if you don't want to talk about it. Part of the problem is this forum is just on Mondo and if you try to discuss anything else that their little brains can't handle they get upset.

On Mondo, or other poster art, I have seen some of you not get posters that come out and see them later up for resale and sit there because people think they are worth more than they are. Those posters are also susceptible to a bubble. I mentioned one artist Invader as the extreme but there are many more.
Look, im just gonna ignore you and your dumb posts.
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:57 am

aldobishalini wrote:
chevyav53 wrote:Yeah agree, but he's high as fudge..... that's the best part just anything goes discussions.
Podcasts like with Neil deGrass Tyson, Rogan isn’t high because he actually attempts to have an intelligent conversation with them. He admitted he thought the moon landing was faked and he was SOBER. Imagine him high...

His convos with Eddie Bravo high as giraffe p*ssy are so stupid to listen to. Bravo just spouts some idiotic conspiracy theory crap that no one cares about... it got old FAST.

Rogan is good at regurgitating articles he has read, but when it comes to giving his scientific opinions, he shoul restrain himself a bit. His observations on human behavior are what he should stick with...and MMA of course.
He does have an amazing memory, but when dealing with NDT, Randall or Graham types, most humans are out of their league. Agree with Eddie and even the Joey ones. Though they have their moments I tended to skip much of them so only if nothing else available I'll download them now. The Shaub ones all good.
aldobishalini
Art Expert

Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:09 am

When I was in college, I use to listen to his podcasts way more frequently when I had a ton of time walking to and from class. But since then, I am super picky and might listen to 5 or so out of 100 posted.

One thing that I find super annoying on the podcasts is other people telling Rogan he is a “great” stand up comedian. People constantly tell him he is one of the elite, but that is so far from being true. The Louies, Burrs, Chapelles, Rocks, etc of the comedy world are the greats today. Rogan is good to above average, but no where near elite. I find a lot of his openers funnier than Rogan is live. I think Rogan buys into the whole elite compliments sometimes too.

chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:33 am

He does talk about that a lot. His last Netflix special was ok but Jo Koy killed it for me had me laughing the most recently. Didn't like Louis or Hart's last specials much either. Never go wrong with Chappell.