Cyclops Print Works: Release and Discussion Thread

General art-related discussion.
infrared90s
Art Expert

Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:54 pm

cyclopsprintsWe debut a brand new piece by @thealexrossart at #d23expo today. #snowwhite #disney
cyclopsprintsAt #d23expo we released our first official @disney @squareenix #kingdomhearts art piece. This is the first in a series of videogame pieces we'll be releasing.
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:17 pm

Oh fudge. Any of you at d23?

Need that Kingdom Hearts piece, and need that Rapunzel letterpress!
DickButt
Art Expert

Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:54 pm

Snow White is pretty nice
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:12 pm

Surprised I didn't see this thread bumped today with Englert's Lion King piece. Definitely one of the best pieces I've seen for the film, easily tied with Whalen's for the top spot IMO. The art is beautiful and I'm sure the printing is pristine. What an epic scene too - with the 12x36 dimension this print is near perfect.
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
Kramerica
Art Freak

Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:21 pm

It would be better if it were a movie poster rather than an art print. I agree that it will be immaculately printed though.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
pandaderek
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:34 pm

ccsmd598 wrote:Surprised I didn't see this thread bumped today with Englert's Lion King piece. Definitely one of the best pieces I've seen for the film, easily tied with Whalen's for the top spot IMO. The art is beautiful and I'm sure the printing is pristine. What an epic scene too - with the 12x36 dimension this print is near perfect.
I like it that way. I didn't have to try very hard to get the print from my phone because of these forums hyping fudge up for scalpers. Like, I was able to pick up the Rick and Morty foil variant from Dark Ink, which was up for two or three days, before someone made a thread about it and it sold out.

Also, Cyclops prints are on their game with getting prints out, quickly. I already got my shipping confirmation for The Lion King.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:09 pm

pandaderek wrote:
ccsmd598 wrote:Surprised I didn't see this thread bumped today with Englert's Lion King piece. Definitely one of the best pieces I've seen for the film, easily tied with Whalen's for the top spot IMO. The art is beautiful and I'm sure the printing is pristine. What an epic scene too - with the 12x36 dimension this print is near perfect.
I like it that way. I didn't have to try very hard to get the print from my phone because of these forums hyping fudge up for scalpers. Like, I was able to pick up the Rick and Morty foil variant from Dark Ink, which was up for two or three days, before someone made a thread about it and it sold out.

Also, Cyclops prints are on their game with getting prints out, quickly. I already got my shipping confirmation for The Lion King.
Have you considered that sharing release information isn't just "hyping fudge up for scalpers", and just perhaps it's also a mechanism for communicating information to interested people who may have otherwise been unaware...? And that maybe some people believe that having a better informed collector community isn't a bad thing? I know, crazy, right?
So it goes...
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:53 pm

This forum is only for posting plus juans and blaming bots after failing. Information sharing will not be tolerated.

P.S. Luls @ thinking #scalpers didn't know about this release without the thread being bumped.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
nomdeguerre
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:26 am

Wow totally missed out on this. My cats name is simba! If any kind forum members have regrets I'm happy to pay a few dollars xtra to secure one of these. Really wish I knew about it before it sold out. #fucktheflippersandbots
*hand censored by the magical m'faith
pandaderek
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:26 am

mfaith wrote:
pandaderek wrote:

Have you considered that sharing release information isn't just "hyping fudge up for scalpers", and just perhaps it's also a mechanism for communicating information to interested people who may have otherwise been unaware...? And that maybe some people believe that having a better informed collector community isn't a bad thing? I know, crazy, right?
I never implied that the extra exposure doesn't benefit the collectors or the artists. My point was that it benefits me if less people know about certain prints. Everything else, that you said, is stuff you assumed is what I was saying...

bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:28 am

nomdeguerre wrote:Wow totally missed out on this. My cats name is simba! If any kind forum members have regrets I'm happy to pay a few dollars xtra to secure one of these. Really wish I knew about it before it sold out. #fucktheflippersandbots
You forgot to mention that you also went to the vet with your dog today.

(Sorry about the dog, btw)
Martinouchou
Art Enthusiast

Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:49 am

How do we edit a print from the database ?

Someone created the lion king one: http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/244900

But named it "Remember Where You Are" instead of "Remember Who You Are". I know it's not such a big deal, but still.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:38 am

Martinouchou wrote:How do we edit a print from the database ?

Someone created the lion king one: http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/244900

But named it "Remember Where You Are" instead of "Remember Who You Are". I know it's not such a big deal, but still.
Wow, that was RubberNeck sneaking into my subconscious haha. :lol: I just fixed it. In future, for DB edits, or new editions to existing listings, just make a post describing the change here: http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 8&t=108718
It's best to do it in one place, rather than in a thread I may not be paying attention to. Thanks for catching that. :cheers:
So it goes...
Martinouchou
Art Enthusiast

Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:04 am

mfaith wrote:
Martinouchou wrote:How do we edit a print from the database ?

Wow, that was RubberNeck sneaking into my subconscious haha. :lol: I just fixed it. In future, for DB edits, or new editions to existing listings, just make a post describing the change here: http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 8&t=108718
It's best to do it in one place, rather than in a thread I may not be paying attention to. Thanks for catching that. :cheers:
Thanks ! :) Will keep that thread in my favorites then :wink:
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:25 pm

https://www.instagram.com/cyclopsprints/

I think we only have one of these @markenglert "Remember Who You Are" #disney #lionking test sheets. We'll split this in half and there can be two winners. Just post a photo of a framed @cyclopsprints piece and make sure to tag us in the photo and use #cyclopsprints We'll be searching for these entries via the #Cyclopsprints hashtag so if you don't hashtag we won't see it. 2 winners will randomly be chosen. We'll also include some fanbills from #d23expo