LEGO - The thread.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:00 pm

iwokeinrelief wrote:
sidewaysscott wrote:
comountaingolf wrote:
iwokeinrelief wrote:Saturn V finally showed back up in stock on the site! Can't wait to get mine in!
Checked yesterday and it's back to temporarily out of stock. Need to grab a few of these for the nephews. Any ideas on when they might re-stock?
Which one are we talking about?
This one:

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/LEGO-NASA-A ... rn-V-21309
That's what I was assuming...it's available on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071G ... UTF8&psc=1
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
tourist504
Art Expert

Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:10 pm

iwokeinrelief wrote:
sidewaysscott wrote:
comountaingolf wrote:
iwokeinrelief wrote:Saturn V finally showed back up in stock on the site! Can't wait to get mine in!
Checked yesterday and it's back to temporarily out of stock. Need to grab a few of these for the nephews. Any ideas on when they might re-stock?
This one:

I, too, have been pining for one of these.

Can't wait for the Lepin to come out.
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:14 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:
iwokeinrelief wrote:
sidewaysscott wrote:
comountaingolf wrote:Checked yesterday and it's back to temporarily out of stock. Need to grab a few of these for the nephews. Any ideas on when they might re-stock?
This one:

That's what I was assuming...it's available on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071G ... UTF8&psc=1
lol. Never even thought to look there. :oops:
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:29 pm

SWS... can't remember a drymounting drop to save his life but he's the man when it comes to the inside Lego scoop. Dig it and thanks Scotty!

:cheers:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
glenn1
Art Expert

Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:33 pm

I've never seen Lego in "frustration free packaging" before.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:51 pm

glenn1 wrote:I've never seen Lego in "frustration free packaging" before.
I think that's Amazon's shipping box they put the lego box in . . . It pops up randomly with various things I buy from Amazon.
tourist504
Art Expert

Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:43 pm

THANK YOU Scott! Just bought with Amazon points!
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
starkdesign
Art Expert

Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:57 pm

Time to start seeing teaser images for seasonal sets for the year!

Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
nomdeguerre
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:21 pm

Now $200+ on amazon :hanging:

Goddamn flippers
*hand censored by the magical m'faith
10_pearljam
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:37 am

iwokeinrelief wrote:
comountaingolf wrote:
Yeah, it was only available for a few hours. Honestly, I just set a page monitor on the product page and waited for it to update. I never saw any announcement around the re-stock, so this seems like the best way to go about it (I did get a handful of "false" pings around updates over the last month, but I just cleared them and kept waiting).
how do you set up page monitors like that? i have some other stuff id like to do that for as well.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:23 am

10_pearljam wrote:
iwokeinrelief wrote:
comountaingolf wrote:
Yeah, it was only available for a few hours. Honestly, I just set a page monitor on the product page and waited for it to update. I never saw any announcement around the re-stock, so this seems like the best way to go about it (I did get a handful of "false" pings around updates over the last month, but I just cleared them and kept waiting).
how do you set up page monitors like that? i have some other stuff id like to do that for as well.
This is a topic for the mondo thread lol :wink:

But I can tell you I've used a plugin for Firefox called Check4Change a few times, its great for the "set it and forget it" approach on a page that you know will eventually get updated. I also have a chrome plugin that just refreshes a page constantly that I have used for windows I just leave open on a side monitor that I can keep an eye on

there are more sophisticated tools out there for analyzing the code, auto add to cart stuff, etc but I have yet to dive in that deep. and of course the usual ALL the BOTZ GOT THE GOODS arguments...
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
starkdesign
Art Expert

Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:17 pm

Made a stopmotion build video for a blog review this week, forgot how much fun these are to do!

didn't use my usual rig for the shoot, so some exposures are off etc, but it got me itching to do more again lol
glenn1
Art Expert

Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:36 pm

hunterjax wrote:
glenn1 wrote:I've never seen Lego in "frustration free packaging" before.
I think that's Amazon's shipping box they put the lego box in . . . It pops up randomly with various things I buy from Amazon.
That's exactly how it came. Usually I see the FFP replace the original box, like when something usually comes in one of those pain-in-the-ass plastic shells that you can only open with a scissors.

Thanks for the heads up, scott! :pint:

FYI, looks like they have a couple more in stock
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:44 pm

This was a blast to put together - currently on display in my living room.

battleroyale
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:34 pm

I was looking for some Lego on eBay and found this listing eBay 272810414048 in sunny Scotland. It's not my listing