Can we get a Video Game subforum?

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
User avatar
Bikejoh
Art Expert
Posts: 4264
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:40 pm

Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:28 pm

iwokeinrelief wrote:What's good that I'm overlooking in this vein? Need something new to play.
Tried MGSV?
User avatar
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert
Posts: 2122
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:04 pm
Location: DALLAS

Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:18 pm

Bikejoh wrote:
iwokeinrelief wrote:What's good that I'm overlooking in this vein? Need something new to play.
Tried MGSV?
Yep, loved it.
User avatar
wottagunn
Art Expert
Posts: 5457
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:28 pm
Location: Near Melbourne

Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:27 am

iwokeinrelief wrote:Looking for recommendations for PS4 games. I like RPGs and 3rd/1st person games with RPG elements - really like games with either a focus on exploration or at least some sort of worldbuilding that lends itself to exploration.

Games I've played that I really enjoyed: SoulsBorne games; Witcher 3; everything Final Fantasy; new Mass Effect (yes, I actually liked it); Nioh; Persona 5; Fallout 3/4 (liked 4 less than 3, but love just ambling around the wasteland).

What's good that I'm overlooking in this vein? Need something new to play.
Nier will surprise you.
User avatar
mrsippycups
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 754
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:05 pm

Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:39 am

wottagunn wrote:
iwokeinrelief wrote:Looking for recommendations for PS4 games. I like RPGs and 3rd/1st person games with RPG elements - really like games with either a focus on exploration or at least some sort of worldbuilding that lends itself to exploration.

Games I've played that I really enjoyed: SoulsBorne games; Witcher 3; everything Final Fantasy; new Mass Effect (yes, I actually liked it); Nioh; Persona 5; Fallout 3/4 (liked 4 less than 3, but love just ambling around the wasteland).

What's good that I'm overlooking in this vein? Need something new to play.
Nier will surprise you.
borderlands
recycler wrote:You do not need poster nerds to tell you what you should like.
ISO: "Champagne Charlie" sheet music cover by Alfred Concanen
User avatar
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert
Posts: 2122
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:04 pm
Location: DALLAS

Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:53 am

Borderlands 1 and 2 are two of my all time favorite games! Can't wait for 3.

Okay, Neir. I've heard a lot of good things about that. I guess I need to pick it up.

Are any of the PS4 Assassins Creed games worth playing? I really enjoyed 2 and its two sequels, but was Meh on 3 and the ship parts of Black Flag.
User avatar
afrosteeziac
Art Expert
Posts: 2746
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:51 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:51 pm

iwokeinrelief wrote:Looking for recommendations for PS4 games. I like RPGs and 3rd/1st person games with RPG elements - really like games with either a focus on exploration or at least some sort of worldbuilding that lends itself to exploration.

Games I've played that I really enjoyed: SoulsBorne games; Witcher 3; everything Final Fantasy; new Mass Effect (yes, I actually liked it); Nioh; Persona 5; Fallout 3/4 (liked 4 less than 3, but love just ambling around the wasteland).

What's good that I'm overlooking in this vein? Need something new to play.
Have you tried Horizon Zero Dawn?
User avatar
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert
Posts: 2122
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:04 pm
Location: DALLAS

Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:19 pm

Sorry, yes, I played it and loved it. For some reason I find it difficult to remember everything I've played and enjoyed.
User avatar
wottagunn
Art Expert
Posts: 5457
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:28 pm
Location: Near Melbourne

Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:42 am

so im pretty much going to buy a gaming PC this week. I'm loving PUBG and just using a PC for something other than work, so im going to give my laptop to my wife for her studies, and buy a gaming PC for pubg and future games as I can see myself getting in to it.

what do you PC gamers think of this? Seems like a nice balance between specs and price - https://www.pccasegear.com/products/397 ... ing-system

System Components:
CPU: Intel Core i5 7500
Motherboard: ASUS Prime B250M-A Motherboard
Graphics: ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1060 Strix Gaming OC 6GB
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK8GX4M2A2133C13 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4
Solid State Drive: Kingston SSDNow UV400 240GB SSD
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 2TB ST2000DM006
Power Supply: Be Quiet! Pure Power 10 500W Power Supply
User avatar
davemfan
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 940
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:27 am

Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:07 am

wottagunn wrote:so im pretty much going to buy a gaming PC this week. I'm loving PUBG and just using a PC for something other than work, so im going to give my laptop to my wife for her studies, and buy a gaming PC for pubg and future games as I can see myself getting in to it.

what do you PC gamers think of this? Seems like a nice balance between specs and price - https://www.pccasegear.com/products/397 ... ing-system

System Components:
CPU: Intel Core i5 7500
Motherboard: ASUS Prime B250M-A Motherboard
Graphics: ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1060 Strix Gaming OC 6GB
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK8GX4M2A2133C13 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4
Solid State Drive: Kingston SSDNow UV400 240GB SSD
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 2TB ST2000DM006
Power Supply: Be Quiet! Pure Power 10 500W Power Supply
Before i would buy that one i would build one myself. You can go here and spend hours if you wanted....https://pcpartpicker.com/ This site has a wealth of information. You can look at other peoples builds or build one from the ground up using the tabs at the top of the page.
Last edited by davemfan on Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
mrsippycups
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 754
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:05 pm

Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:10 am

wottagunn wrote:so im pretty much going to buy a gaming PC this week. I'm loving PUBG and just using a PC for something other than work, so im going to give my laptop to my wife for her studies, and buy a gaming PC for pubg and future games as I can see myself getting in to it.

what do you PC gamers think of this? Seems like a nice balance between specs and price - https://www.pccasegear.com/products/397 ... ing-system

System Components:
CPU: Intel Core i5 7500
Motherboard: ASUS Prime B250M-A Motherboard
Graphics: ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1060 Strix Gaming OC 6GB
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK8GX4M2A2133C13 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4
Solid State Drive: Kingston SSDNow UV400 240GB SSD
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 2TB ST2000DM006
Power Supply: Be Quiet! Pure Power 10 500W Power Supply
Honestly? way over priced. For $1600-1.7k you can get a 1080 with an i7-7700k:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypower-d ... Id=5727202

https://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Intel-M ... r/W/406460
here is a quick build I did for $1200 for about the same specs but this isn't optimized at all. I just threw it together.

I know people harp on about DYI computer builds but I honestly understand that some people don't mind spending the extra 100-200 to just have somebody worry about it.

I think there is a big division in the PC gaming world:
people that have pc gaming as a hobby
and
people that play pc games

great resources:
https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/
http://www.logicalincrements.com/
^ gives your spec range at <$900

edit: I HATE RGB lighting but it is the "tacticool" of the PC world and you just kind of have to shrug and move on
recycler wrote:You do not need poster nerds to tell you what you should like.
ISO: "Champagne Charlie" sheet music cover by Alfred Concanen
User avatar
dryerase
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:16 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:16 pm

I think that's $1600 in Australian dollars (dollarydoos)?
User avatar
wottagunn
Art Expert
Posts: 5457
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:28 pm
Location: Near Melbourne

Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:48 pm

davemfan wrote:
wottagunn wrote:so im pretty much going to buy a gaming PC this week. I'm loving PUBG and just using a PC for something other than work, so im going to give my laptop to my wife for her studies, and buy a gaming PC for pubg and future games as I can see myself getting in to it.

what do you PC gamers think of this? Seems like a nice balance between specs and price - https://www.pccasegear.com/products/397 ... ing-system

System Components:
CPU: Intel Core i5 7500
Motherboard: ASUS Prime B250M-A Motherboard
Graphics: ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1060 Strix Gaming OC 6GB
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK8GX4M2A2133C13 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4
Solid State Drive: Kingston SSDNow UV400 240GB SSD
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 2TB ST2000DM006
Power Supply: Be Quiet! Pure Power 10 500W Power Supply
Before i would buy that one i would build one myself. You can go here and spend hours if you wanted....https://pcpartpicker.com/ This site has a wealth of information. You can look at other peoples builds or build one from the ground up using the tabs at the top of the page.
been all over that site mate. Ends up being about $100 difference, so id rather pay that and have one already built

mrsippycups wrote: Honestly? way over priced. For $1600-1.7k you can get a 1080 with an i7-7700k:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypower-d ... Id=5727202

https://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Intel-M ... r/W/406460
here is a quick build I did for $1200 for about the same specs but this isn't optimized at all. I just threw it together.

I know people harp on about DYI computer builds but I honestly understand that some people don't mind spending the extra 100-200 to just have somebody worry about it.

I think there is a big division in the PC gaming world:
people that have pc gaming as a hobby
and
people that play pc games

great resources:
https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/
http://www.logicalincrements.com/
^ gives your spec range at <$900

edit: I HATE RGB lighting but it is the "tacticool" of the PC world and you just kind of have to shrug and move on
easy tiger, that is AUD, or dollarydoos more correctly. a 1080 i7 is minimum $2300 here.
I agree about building your own. If I was hardcore, id probably do it, bubt right now id happily pay the little extra. This machine is optimised thankfully.
and I also agree about the lighting. Im not interested in it at all but its kinda hard to get away from.

dryerase wrote:I think that's $1600 in Australian dollars (dollarydoos)?
correcto. That's about $1300 USD. We also pay a little more for things here (a new console, in store, is about $100 AUD / $80 USD).
User avatar
mrsippycups
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 754
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:05 pm

Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:42 pm

oops.


carry on
recycler wrote:You do not need poster nerds to tell you what you should like.
ISO: "Champagne Charlie" sheet music cover by Alfred Concanen
User avatar
davemfan
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 940
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:27 am

Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:32 am

wottagunn wrote:been all over that site mate. Ends up being about $100 difference, so id rather pay that and have one already built
Seems like you've already made up your mind. I wouldn't buy because it has a white case (too apple-y), a window, light strip, seagate hdd. I like selecting my own pieces / parts to suit my liking. If you keep you eyes peeled Dell always has great deals right now since schools are getting ready to resume here in the states. You may be able to find something cheaper / better with them.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
mobius006
Art Freak
Posts: 12968
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:16 pm

Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:03 pm

davemfan wrote:
wottagunn wrote:been all over that site mate. Ends up being about $100 difference, so id rather pay that and have one already built
Seems like you've already made up your mind. I wouldn't buy because it has a white case (too apple-y), a window, light strip, seagate hdd. I like selecting my own pieces / parts to suit my liking. If you keep you eyes peeled Dell always has great deals right now since schools are getting ready to resume here in the states. You may be able to find something cheaper / better with them.
Wottagunn, that systems fine for your needs. Id you do want to run anything 4K wise, I'd look for some faster ram.
Post Reply