Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
applehead
Art Expert

Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:49 am

Would love to see some pics of the show. Anyone have a link to someones instagram acct w/ pics? Some great looking art coming out today. I'll be looking forward to having a few of these added to my walls. Thanks for making this show happen! Wish I could be there, but life happens. Have a blast all!!
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:13 pm

Just drove past, pretty mobbed. Wondering if it's worth it to come by around 3 on our way to the garden? Any intermittent updates would be appreciated. :notworthy:
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
jkw3000
EB Team

Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:59 pm

By the time the show started, all the runs of 150 could theoretically be accounted for by the line. Would guess Emergency Landing reg and the fish make it to drop, otherwise that was a pretty packed show.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:46 pm

How many different versions of emergency landing were available? Need to track that down in some form.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
bigmclargehuge1
Art Expert

Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:04 pm

Kramerica wrote:How many different versions of emergency landing were available? Need to track that down in some form.
Regular (color) run of 300
Variant (metallic) run of 150

Reg should show up online next week
Kramerica
Art Freak

Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:47 pm

bigmclargehuge1 wrote:
Kramerica wrote:How many different versions of emergency landing were available? Need to track that down in some form.
Regular (color) run of 300
Variant (metallic) run of 150

Reg should show up online next week
:pint:
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
Coltrane
Art Enthusiast

Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:44 pm

Today went so well! Thanks to the Bottleneck crew for taking care of us all, and everyone else for making the 24+ hours in line go by as they did.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:30 am

Thank you to everyone that came out yesterday! As I mentioned to a few of you, its just crazy to see how big these studio openings have gotten since the first one. Big thanks to Joe for helping me with the names an Marc for keeping the list for the two days.

In regards to the online release, off the top of my head it will be the remaining Emergency Landing (regular), Passenger Fish, and Catbus Screen print (wasn't released at the opening. Basically everything else sold out on the list.

Alsooo if you're attending the shows, I'm not too sure how they're handling it but we helped with Jim's pewter statue. Seems like people are liking it :D
Calhoun3000
Art Enthusiast

Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:49 am

acidburn wrote:Thank you to everyone that came out yesterday! As I mentioned to a few of you, its just crazy to see how big these studio openings have gotten since the first one. Big thanks to Joe for helping me with the names an Marc for keeping the list for the two days.

In regards to the online release, off the top of my head it will be the remaining Emergency Landing (regular), Passenger Fish, and Catbus Screen print (wasn't released at the opening. Basically everything else sold out on the list.

Alsooo if you're attending the shows, I'm not too sure how they're handling it but we helped with Jim's pewter statue. Seems like people are liking it :D
Pewter statues look spectacular. It was a pleasant surprise to see these released for the event. Fitting way to commemorate this run.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:02 am

Calhoun3000 wrote:
acidburn wrote:Thank you to everyone that came out yesterday! As I mentioned to a few of you, its just crazy to see how big these studio openings have gotten since the first one. Big thanks to Joe for helping me with the names an Marc for keeping the list for the two days.

Pewter statues look spectacular. It was a pleasant surprise to see these released for the event. Fitting way to commemorate this run.
it was definitely a challenge especially with time. We had to put them on a plane compared to Walking Fish that are coming by boat. Was the only way it would make it in time.
jayper
Art Expert

Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:10 am

Anyone have photos of the event? I want to see what I missed!
acidburn
Art Daddy

Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:17 am

Missed lots of sweat
Calhoun3000
Art Enthusiast

Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:34 am

acidburn wrote:
Calhoun3000 wrote:

it was definitely a challenge especially with time. We had to put them on a plane compared to Walking Fish that are coming by boat. Was the only way it would make it in time.
I bet that was stressful...details like this cannot be conveyed when these little guys get to someone's shelf. Executing the delivery is just not a part of the art's story so often. I love sculpture for this reason. They need to arrive to a site, they need to be fabricated out of whatever material, the tactility of creation. I'm glad this is a part of the scene. I love these little guys! Job well done yet again!
acidburn
Art Daddy

Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:55 am

Thank you :-)
jkw3000
EB Team

Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:13 pm

jayper wrote:Anyone have photos of the event? I want to see what I missed!
Think people were a bit delirious with heat and sweat to take photos...

Not joking. Props to the BNG crew for the ACs and waters and donuts, just the inevitability of the heat outside plus 50+ fans in the gallery at a time.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.