LEGO - The thread.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
chimpun
Art Expert

Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:59 am

I know nothing about Ninjago but excited for the movie. The trailer hooked me. Gonna need the K-pop girl for my daughter.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:06 am

chimpun wrote:I know nothing about Ninjago but excited for the movie. The trailer hooked me. Gonna need the K-pop girl for my daughter.
We haven't watched the series (not sure its still even on lol) in a few years. Stuck with it for the first 3? seasons i think, but the boys lost interest eventually

I have SOOOOO MANY of those damn spinner tops they sold too.

But yeah, excited for another LEGO movie!
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:08 pm

starkdesign wrote:
chimpun wrote:I know nothing about Ninjago but excited for the movie. The trailer hooked me. Gonna need the K-pop girl for my daughter.
We haven't watched the series (not sure its still even on lol) in a few years. Stuck with it for the first 3? seasons i think, but the boys lost interest eventually

I have SOOOOO MANY of those damn spinner tops they sold too.

But yeah, excited for another LEGO movie!
My son loves Ninjago, so I've seen every episode. Last season was great. We're pumped for the movie!

Gonna have to get those minifigs!
starkdesign
Art Expert

Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:27 pm

Yet another possible hint at the long-rumored MF UCS set that (hopefully) is coming...

http://www.thebrickfan.com/did-a-lego-d ... con-75192/
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
glenn1
Art Expert

Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:55 pm

Anyone pick up a Saturn V? Looks great, but it's been out of stock online for a while.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:59 pm

starkdesign wrote:Yet another possible hint at the long-rumored MF UCS set that (hopefully) is coming...

:clap:
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
rmoore
Art Expert

Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:07 pm

KSUvet wrote:
starkdesign wrote:Yet another possible hint at the long-rumored MF UCS set that (hopefully) is coming...

:clap:
Everything I've heard about this rumor always points to an $800 price point. So start selling some posters!
chimpun
Art Expert

Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:51 am

I think the price point is going to be enough to scare me away from buying, but I'm sure looking forward to drooling over it. Plus, the space for something that big... I like the coffee table display someone built but man alive, I don't know that i'd know where to put it. I haven't heard about this BB8 set, so it'll be cool to see if its that too. Either way, probably gonna be selling some limited paper to make way for limited plastic!
starkdesign
Art Expert

Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:03 am

glenn1 wrote:Anyone pick up a Saturn V? Looks great, but it's been out of stock online for a while.
My dad got one and loves it, fastest I've seen him build a set in a long time! jealous he got one lol that lunar lander looks cool!
starkdesign
Art Expert

Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:07 am

chimpun wrote:I think the price point is going to be enough to scare me away from buying, but I'm sure looking forward to drooling over it. Plus, the space for something that big... I like the coffee table display someone built but man alive, I don't know that i'd know where to put it. I haven't heard about this BB8 set, so it'll be cool to see if its that too. Either way, probably gonna be selling some limited paper to make way for limited plastic!
It'll be pricey, but damn I have to get it. Can't believe I passed on it before, not making that mistake again! (and still cheaper than the aftermarket right now lol)
jmagee87
Art Expert

Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:35 am

starkdesign wrote:
chimpun wrote:I think the price point is going to be enough to scare me away from buying, but I'm sure looking forward to drooling over it. Plus, the space for something that big... I like the coffee table display someone built but man alive, I don't know that i'd know where to put it. I haven't heard about this BB8 set, so it'll be cool to see if its that too. Either way, probably gonna be selling some limited paper to make way for limited plastic!
It'll be pricey, but damn I have to get it. Can't believe I passed on it before, not making that mistake again! (and still cheaper than the aftermarket right now lol)
That's my thing. I wont pay aftermarket prices, but I'll pay the likely $500 for a new set
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
chimpun
Art Expert

Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:01 pm

I'm hoping its close to 500. With the Death Star going up $100 for essentially the same build, I would expect this to be at least $100 more also. I wasn't around for the 1st one, but I believe it was $500. So far I've seen rumored ranges of 600 to 800 for the new version. I really like the regular sized Falcon that's down to $115 most places. I never had the original regular sized one but this one is fun to play and modify. So far I've extended the legs and filled in the gap underneath the front sliding section of the roof.
edgar
Art Expert

Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:06 pm

jmagee87 wrote:
starkdesign wrote:
That's my thing. I wont pay aftermarket prices, but I'll pay the likely $500 for a new set

It's going to be more than $500. You should just buy the lepin version since you can't tell them apart anyways, right?
Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!
jmagee87
Art Expert

Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:08 pm

edgar wrote:
jmagee87 wrote:
starkdesign wrote:

It's going to be more than $500. You should just buy the lepin version since you can't tell them apart anyways, right?
You know it
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
edgar
Art Expert

Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:11 pm

TGT Magee, T G T.
Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!