Tiny info about a Tiny Media Empire aka Daniel Danger thread

General art-related discussion.
fredo
Art God

Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:20 pm

Surprised those spirit board prints are still around.
just a foil for me today, thanks
iambillyg
Art Freak

Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:20 pm

IWish wrote:
iambillyg wrote:
IWish wrote:I think he has a boner, (and not in a good way), for me because one time I asked him a question.
There's no good way for anyone to have a boner for you, ever.
IWish wrote:I posted that I found it surprising that he was so open about supporting unlicensed commissioned art; while at the same time trying to get a job with Mondo.
You spoke on something you knew nothing about, as though your opinion was needed. It wasn't and still isn't. Stay in your lane; using the art of artists you insult to make poster weights.
What I posted was sincere. At the time, I wasn't sure if you worked for Mondo or was trying to get a job with them. I couldn't understand your openness. I wasn't trying to be shitty.

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 5#p2822735
Right. You were "sincere" in calling into question a non-existent conflict of interest, that didn't involve you anyway, because of a clearly sarcastic post, that everyone understood as sarcastic, except for you.

I then clarified my post, as well as my position surrounding commissions and how there was no conflict. Your response, for whatever reason, then mentioned "dick" again.

Again, stick to what you know, not what you assume to know.
jkw3000
EB Team

Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:27 pm

Good god the days when people were discussing how pricey the GITS foil APs were at $250...
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
finneganm
Art Freak

Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:30 pm

I bought a Marriage Bucket in IWish's name.
That's what she said
fredo
Art God

Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:34 pm

iambillyg wrote:You were "sincere" in calling into question a non-existent conflict of interest, that didn't involve you anyway, because of a clearly sarcastic post, that everyone understood as sarcastic, except for you.

Your response, for whatever reason, then mentioned "dick" again.
Up! +2
just a foil for me today, thanks
IWish
Art Expert

Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:38 pm

ccsmd598 wrote:
finneganm wrote:I'd like this conversation to continue. I think we're really getting somewhere here.
Just insert card into chip reader first please.

Now I know why therapists charge so much
That's a fudge post, ccsmd. Are you saying that because I have an opinion that there is something wrong with me? It takes a real man to spout something like that. You're seriously trying to devalue my opinion(s) in this way? No one can try to make me feel inferior without permission and you, sir, do not have my permission.

I'll admit that maybe it's generational. I was raised during a time when it was unheard of to ask for money in this way. In hindsight, I understand that times have changed, but c'mon...it's always 'something' with Daniel.
finneganm
Art Freak

Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:42 pm

Is it though?
That's what she said
IWish
Art Expert

Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:47 pm

iambillyg wrote:because of a clearly sarcastic post, that everyone understood as sarcastic, except for you.
You/they have somehow translated that as sarcasm in my post. It was not. I truly didn't understand why anyone would be okay with the openness about commissions considering your current situation at the time. I even apologized ahead of time, in case my post was inappropriate. Don't believe me...I don't care, but what I'm telling you now is the truth.
finneganm wrote:Is it though?
What? You're too cryptic sometimes, finn.
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:48 pm

IWish wrote:
ccsmd598 wrote:
finneganm wrote:I'd like this conversation to continue. I think we're really getting somewhere here.
Just insert card into chip reader first please.

Now I know why therapists charge so much
That's a fudge post, ccsmd. Are you saying that because I have an opinion that there is something wrong with me? It takes a real man to spout something like that. You're seriously trying to devalue my opinion(s) in this way? No one can try to make me feel inferior without permission and you, sir, do not have my permission.

I'll admit that maybe it's generational. I was raised during a time when it was unheard of to ask for money in this way. In hindsight, I understand that times have changed, but c'mon...it's always 'something' with Daniel.

No, no matter how much I disagree with someone I would never make reference to a 'mental health' issue - I apologize if you took my post that way. I was just making a comment that the time for this particular bs fiery clown-car of a thread is long overdue. :) have a great weekend.
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
finneganm
Art Freak

Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:52 pm

IWish wrote:it's always 'something' with Daniel.
I disagree.

As to the first part of your post, I think CCSMD59er was simply playing of my pretending to be a therapist. I thought it was chuckle-y.
That's what she said
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:54 pm

finneganm wrote:
IWish wrote:it's always 'something' with Daniel.
I disagree.

As to the first part of your post, I think CCSMD59er was simply playing of my pretending to be a therapist. I thought it was chuckle-y.

Correct
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
alteridiom
Art Expert

Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:55 pm

I'm just not sure the point of you being in here iwish? I think Applebee's is pure garbage food. I don't go in to Applebee's and complain about Applebee's I just, like, don't go to Applebee's. Why come in to DD thread? I think you know it's gonna be handjobs all around and I'm first in line. Hell, if he had posted where he was registered I probably would have sent something.
Last edited by alteridiom on Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Small town pizza lawyer
jkw3000
EB Team

Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:56 pm

I'd stand by it as generational. And if it's always "something" with Daniel, what are the examples? Granted, it's been more apparent recently post-engagement-and-house, but that kind of seems like it's to be expected? There was a good stretch where he either just put out prints or had archive sales when he found random flatfiles in various shacks located all throughout the haunted woods of rural western Massachusetts.

I'd just argue that what one considers to be taking advantage may just be people here showing goodwill. Daniel's around here when the vaaaaast majority of artists no longer dwell; he chats about shop and offers insights and reasonable explanations with respect to screenprinting both here and on Facebook; many understand him to be self-deprecating or tongue in cheek in how he assesses himself and his work. He's even talked burgers before that conversation moved to the Mondo thread (okay, bad example). People in this hobby may not be swayed by sob stories as much as they're more inclined to help somebody they already would've supported in the first place, especially given how much people value aftermarket above a lot of other things.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
danieldanger
LORD KINGSHIT

Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:57 pm

alteridiom wrote:I'm just not sure the point of you being here? I think Applebee's is pure garbage food. I don't go in to Applebee's and complain about Applebee's I just, like, don't go to Applebee's.
woah woah, i like applebees and if if the employees of applebees want to toss a couple bucks my way as im crushing some appz and zertz thats their business and dont you forget it
danieldanger
LORD KINGSHIT

Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:01 pm

IWish wrote: I'll admit that maybe it's generational. I was raised during a time when it was unheard of to ask for money in this way. In hindsight, I understand that times have changed, but c'mon...it's always 'something' with Daniel.
JESUS FINE YOU CAN COME TO MY WEDDING.