Fifty-Nine Parks Print Series

General art-related discussion.
IWish
Art Expert

Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:19 am

I'm pretty much done with this forum, but I subscribed to this thread which popped up in my email. Many copper mines were opened during the Great Depression to provide jobs to feed families. Opening the mines was a saving grace for many.

As far as the post from that person, all I can say is the posting style is familiar to me. Don't waste your time responding...you're just adding fuel to the fire.
TOTM
Art Expert

Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:06 am

Done with the forum but still jumping on the bandwagon no? Just like all the other numb nuts...
iambillyg
Art Freak

Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:07 am

IWish wrote:I'm pretty much done with this forum, but I subscribed to this thread which popped up in my email. Many copper mines were opened during the Great Depression to provide jobs to feed families. Opening the mines was a saving grace for many.
NEWPORTS69
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:16 am

yea these forums dead bc there group of lil boys who personaly attack anyone who has diff perspective , theres even littler boys who collect quotes from people and quote them, talk about creepy, these are the do as i say not as i do crowd. and yeah that old mining building overshadows the mountains but the same lil boy who draw it is against modern day coal miners who need to provide for their families but na it cool to draw a giant old rape of earth factory bc his family worked there, the irony
finneganm
Art Freak

Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:18 am

iambillyg wrote:
danieldanger wrote:lol at lolterally everylol.
That's what she said
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:21 am

jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
Kramerica
Art Freak

Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:30 pm

NEWPORTS69 wrote:yea these forums dead bc there group of lil boys who personaly attack anyone who has diff perspective , theres even littler boys who collect quotes from people and quote them, talk about creepy, these are the do as i say not as i do crowd. and yeah that old mining building overshadows the mountains but the same lil boy who draw it is against modern day coal miners who need to provide for their families but na it cool to draw a giant old rape of earth factory bc his family worked there, the irony
Except now coal is an obsolete, innefficient source of energy that is dependant on government subsidies to keep it alive. Try to keep up.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
bryndavies
Art Expert

Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:42 pm

The rafting is preetty weak in the park, so I wouldn't agree such an activity would warrant consideration in a print. Hiking is epic there, especially walking on the glacier just below Root glacier (which is the second tallest icefall in the world if memory serves). The park also has a massive collection of 12000+ foot peaks, with Blackburn being 16000 and the fifth tallest peak in the US.

However, I wouldn't call McCarthy or Kennecott a ghost town. It was pretty cool to walk around there with my dogs, post up in the saloon, have my dogs join the local dog pack in the town, and see people who live there year round living the homestead life. The history of McCarthy serving as the booze and girls town for the miners of Kennecott, and the mining and railroads being associated with people like JP Morgan and Daniel Guggenheim is also of historical significance. I personally enjoyed walking through Kennicott on the way out to hike the glacier, but I didn't take any tours around it. It just seems like a quincisential iconic landmark for the park despite its other more "national park like" features, such as the hiking/mountains.
ImageT.K.C.
NEWPORTS69
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:50 pm

try to keep up? how can u even type with that much elon down ur throat? coal accounts for over 30% of this countries energy
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:52 pm

And dropping.
So it goes...
danieldanger
LORD KINGSHIT

Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:53 pm

NEWPORTS69
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:54 pm

whats ur alternative mike? solar panels mass produced by china for pennies while millons wasted on subs for us solar farces and ur boy musk is the biggest welfare recipient in the country
finneganm
Art Freak

Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:56 pm

finneganm wrote:
iambillyg wrote:
danieldanger wrote:lol at lolterally everylol.
That's what she said
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:59 pm

NEWPORTS69 wrote:whats ur alternative mike? solar panels mass produced by china for pennies while millons wasted on subs for us solar farces and ur boy musk is the biggest welfare recipient in the country
So it goes...
ethnosax
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:00 pm

Anyway, what parks are you all looking forward to in the series? We'll be visiting Grand Canyon, Bryce, and Sand Dunes this summer, so I'm eager to see the print for Bryce. I'll probably choose Grand Canyon and Sand Dunes for my (eventual) wall frame-up. I like the Sand Dunes print both for the interesting color and composition, and just for the unusual look of the landscape at the park itself. :)

Who would be your dream artist/park pairings for this series?