General art-related discussion.
danieldanger
LORD KINGSHIT

Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:34 pm

Either way, lol at that guy
BackToTheFutureFan
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:37 pm

danieldanger wrote:Crater lake is one of my favs as well.
Same. Especially the variant. Love Danthony's work and hope to see more from him.

Zion would be up there if the hiker wasn't in the image.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:15 pm

Other than the larger size and numbering, anyone notice and feel a difference to get the large timed over the 18x24? If they were also signed I could see a good reason to go for the large, but I don't think they are, right?

Also have to agree the crater lake posters have a great old school vibe. One of my favs of the series.
ImageT.K.C.
ethnosax
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:17 pm

bryndavies wrote:Other than the larger size and numbering, anyone notice and feel a difference to get the large timed over the 18x24? If they were also signed I could see a good reason to go for the large, but I don't think they are, right?

Also have to agree the crater lake posters have a great old school vibe. One of my favs of the series.
If the bigger size was 24x36, then I'd be more tempted to get one. But I'm not interested in having to order a custom size to frame it, so I'm just going with the standard 18x24.

I'd also be interested if there were three different sizes, which would make a nicer arrangement for several prints on a wall.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:20 pm

ethnosax wrote:
bryndavies wrote:Other than the larger size and numbering, anyone notice and feel a difference to get the large timed over the 18x24? If they were also signed I could see a good reason to go for the large, but I don't think they are, right?

If the bigger size was 24x36, then I'd be more tempted to get one. But I'm not interested in having to order a custom size to frame it, so I'm just going with the standard 18x24.

I'd also be interested if there were three different sizes, which would make a nicer arrangement for several prints on a wall.

That's something I didn't think about; the arrangement on a wall. Since I've yet to order a larger edition, I guess it makes most sense to stick with the 18x24s, but as you mention, a collection of sizes could work. Hmmmm. Think I'm just going to pull the trigger on a few of the 18x24s right now.
ImageT.K.C.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:22 pm

I was thinking I would stick with 18 x 24s on the parks and just get the larger size of the monuments when they started with Statue of Liberty . . . but then I forgot to order one in the window to do so, so I think I will probably just stay with all at the smaller size.

My problem is I can't decide which I want to hang together because I really like nearly all of them. There are a couple that I know are definites, but I worry about buying some now and then being really wowed by new ones down the road and ending up with a glut of posters I'm never going to hang.

(sort of a good problem to have - it's been such a fantastic series)
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:24 pm

It is tough to decide which ones to hang. I've got space on a wall for at least 3, but possibly as many as 5. So I'm working through a system of making sure that each one is slightly different and nicely complementary. Like, I really like Yellowstone and Sand Dunes, but they're too similar, so I'll have to choose one. I'd love it if people who hang some of these could share photos.

The nice thing about them all being 18x24 is that if there's something later on that I can't resist, it can always be swapped in.
phalanx
Art Enthusiast

Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:11 am

danieldanger wrote:Crater lake is one of my favs as well.
lol at me...hahah. Can't stop laughing

Don't see why having a different opinion is funny. Series has been producing substandard crap for a while. The most recent poster--national park haunted house edition--shows the series is full on uninspired now.
finneganm
Art Freak

Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:37 am

Some people can express a difference of opinion without sounding like an emotionally stunted third grader who grew up in a somewhat toxic environment without loving parents. Not everyone mind you, but it does happen.
That's what she said
phalanx
Art Enthusiast

Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:31 am

The difference between what I said and what you are saying is clear--you are making an ad hominem attack and making rash assumptions without really addressing any point. I get the impression that you dont like harsh judgments but then you make one yourself, and one that is unrelated to the topic. Consider this a learning opportunity and understand that you may not have a leg to stand on. Also, try to be more creative than that when insulting someone. I understand why you like the recent 59 parks posters, you both are equally unimaginative.
iambillyg
Art Freak

Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:51 am

danieldanger wrote:lol at lolterally everylol.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:40 pm

Lol, wrangel is my fav to date.
bryndavies wrote:Kennecott Mine, Alaska. Wrangell-St. Elias National Park

ImageT.K.C.
phalanx
Art Enthusiast

Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:36 pm

Lol as well
Only a particular breed would think the most noteworthy part of a national park with volcanic activity and glaciers is an abandoned copper mill. If you like abandoned mines and mills then maybe you are looking in the wrong place. Starting to seem like you guys are just shilling for this 59parks website, which is lame. I thought this is a place for art discussion not a place to circle jerk around increasingly insipid posters.
phalanx
Art Enthusiast

Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:38 pm

59parks can you please make these guys more of this kind of stuff. Maybe in the future a few dumpsters and trash bins can be included in your posters. Breathtaking vistas of environmental degradation, at least there is some possible social commentary here. Better than a picture of a cartoon fox in front of a pond.

Last edited by phalanx on Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:39 pm

What a curious "first" 6 posts...
So it goes...