Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu May 18, 2017 1:04 pm

35mmpaul wrote:
EgoDeath wrote:TIL Labyrinth has true fanz.
David Bowie's cod piece has caused an incalculable amount of sexual awakenings in men and women all over the world.
I mean, who among us didn't have a sexual awakening courtesy of David Bowie?
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
msalter
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 18, 2017 1:22 pm

I got a reg from my phone, while driving down the road. Anyone should have been able to get one if they really wanted it.
Woo5lscott
Art Expert

Thu May 18, 2017 3:40 pm

Decided to not get...other prints with more want
KingOfNothing
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 18, 2017 4:26 pm

Super duper easy pass. This print straight up sucks. Then again, Laurent is clearly stretched too thin lately and his work is suffering tremendously for it.

The more he hacks out, the more it will diminish his better work. You can only put lipstick on a pig for so long.
NEVER FORGET Image 02/14/14
Je préfère mourir sur mes pieds que de vivre à genoux
Aedward5
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 18, 2017 6:23 pm

KingOfNothing wrote:Super duper easy pass. This print straight up sucks. Then again, Laurent is clearly stretched too thin lately and his work is suffering tremendously for it.

The more he hacks out, the more it will diminish his better work. You can only put lipstick on a pig for so long.
That's pretty harsh man, but on this print I have to agree with you. Ludo looks like he's the walking dead and the weird puzzle maze doesn't make a lot of sense. Still, I would have picked it up if it wasn't sold out. I was a couple of minutes to late.
rubberneck
Art God

Thu May 18, 2017 7:42 pm

ccsmd598 wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:don't use paypal. CC is faster.
This...you will get a poster 99% of the time

1) Google Chrome

2) Autofill Shipping info/CC info

3) Have your CC security code ready to type in

4) Great success
Video or gtfo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
virtualj
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 18, 2017 7:44 pm

rubberneck wrote:
ccsmd598 wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:don't use paypal. CC is faster.
This...you will get a poster 99% of the time

1) Google Chrome

2) Autofill Shipping info/CC info

3) Have your CC security code ready to type in

4) Great success
Video or gtfo
Autofill bot is the best bot.
I donate anonymously.
charter
Art Expert

Thu May 18, 2017 10:45 pm

When I find gold, I always tell everyone exactly where I found it.
SPAC04
Art Expert

Thu May 18, 2017 10:56 pm

Aedward5 wrote:
KingOfNothing wrote:Super duper easy pass. This print straight up sucks. Then again, Laurent is clearly stretched too thin lately and his work is suffering tremendously for it.

That's pretty harsh man, but on this print I have to agree with you. Ludo looks like he's the walking dead and the weird puzzle maze doesn't make a lot of sense. Still, I would have picked it up if it wasn't sold out. I was a couple of minutes to late.
i liked his "The Graduate", but iv never really understood the LD hype to be honest
BackToTheFutureFan
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 19, 2017 12:05 am

SPAC04 wrote:
Aedward5 wrote:

i liked his "The Graduate", but iv never really understood the LD hype to be honest
2013 and 2014 were monster years for him. His BTTF Part I print got me hooked. My favorite film/musically scored scene ever and he captured the feel perfectly. His Hitchcock series was incredible too. I'm still hoping to get my hands on his Vertigo one day.

Something's missing now. He's in kind of a rut after his initial success. He should do a collaboration. Maybe that'll knock something loose.
SPAC04
Art Expert

Fri May 19, 2017 12:26 am

BackToTheFutureFan wrote:
SPAC04 wrote:
Aedward5 wrote:

2013 and 2014 were monster years for him. His BTTF Part I print got me hooked. My favorite film/musically scored scene ever and he captured the feel perfectly. His Hitchcock series was incredible too. I'm still hoping to get my hands on his Vertigo one day.

Something's missing now. He's in kind of a rut after his initial success. He should do a collaboration. Maybe that'll knock something loose.
I didnt start paying close attention to LD until his Pulp Fiction, the cast font is a cool touch (though i prefer the variant color scheme which is unfortunate). i suppose it shouldn't say i don't get the hype because the man does have an impressive resume (from Spielberg +10 to OCE :P ) and his posters are really nicely printed. His "The Graduate" is awesome, best work in a long while in my opinion and I'm not even a big fan of the film. I like how he did the traditional title and credit blocks, wish he did that more often. Would love to see some Kubrick posters from him (or Tarantino for that matter).

...anyway can we please get some info on Jock "Hot Fuzz"

Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri May 19, 2017 9:36 am

Aedward5 wrote:

Luls.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
glenn1
Art Expert

Fri May 19, 2017 10:03 am

Aedward5 wrote:the weird puzzle maze doesn't make a lot of sense.
It almost looks like some kind of...labyrinth.
Weaksauce
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 19, 2017 12:24 pm

glenn1 wrote:
Aedward5 wrote:the weird puzzle maze doesn't make a lot of sense.
It almost looks like some kind of...labyrinth.
:lol:
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Mon May 22, 2017 11:15 am

Pullin's recent Halloween and Friday the 13th APs are going up tomorrow. FYI
So it goes...