Laurent Durieux's Modes of Transportation

General art-related discussion.
RCP13
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:31 am

Silly question. Any info on the new one? Such as shipping. The lack of communication to subholders is frustrating. An email update would be nice.
BadassArt
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:38 am

RCP13 wrote:Silly question. Any info on the new one? Such as shipping. The lack of communication to subholders is frustrating. An email update would be nice.
I just asked and was told there was a printing error and they needed to be reprinted which they are in the middle of doing right now. will prob be a few more weeks before they start shipping out... ive found David very easy to communicate with just shoot a email and hit him up here...

remember he aint the artist its the artist we are waiting a year to do a single print for at this rate itll be a 6yrs sub
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:27 am

Of course there was a printing error.
RCP13
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:53 am

This is what I'm talking about. I appreciate the update badassart. I would assume it would be easier to send out a mass email to subholders though, than to respond to each subholders email individually. I am aware this is going to take a while and I'm Ok with that, I'm along for the ride, but communication needs to be better. I didn't even know this was out until I heard it was available in the store.
fourthstooge
Art Expert

Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:20 pm

Hey guys,

I'm making the rounds and getting stuff done. I just sent out a bulk email to subscribers with details.

We had two delays on printing. First, when the printer produced a giclee print (done for color matching with Laurent and to check everything out) they spotted something that looked a little off. Laurent reworked it and we went at it again.

After the first two colors of the background went down, the paper shrank some on the racks and it messed up registration. It probably could have been worked out by tuning the later colors but the results may have been questionable so the full run was trashed and we started again with new paper. Everything was racked in advance so the paper could acclimate to the temperature and humidity in the shop while another project was partially printed. This has worked out well and the printing is almost done. The guys in the print shop expect to ship these to me Wednesday or Thursday of next week. The subs all go first so they'll go out the first of the following week.

The woods are done separately so they're probably going to be a week later.

Thanks!
I used to be a collector...now I'm a hoarder.
FAMPart
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:49 pm

fourthstooge wrote:Hey guys,

I'm making the rounds and getting stuff done. I just sent out a bulk email to subscribers with details.

We had two delays on printing. First, when the printer produced a giclee print (done for color matching with Laurent and to check everything out) they spotted something that looked a little off. Laurent reworked it and we went at it again.

After the first two colors of the background went down, the paper shrank some on the racks and it messed up registration. It probably could have been worked out by tuning the later colors but the results may have been questionable so the full run was trashed and we started again with new paper. Everything was racked in advance so the paper could acclimate to the temperature and humidity in the shop while another project was partially printed. This has worked out well and the printing is almost done. The guys in the print shop expect to ship these to me Wednesday or Thursday of next week. The subs all go first so they'll go out the first of the following week.

The woods are done separately so they're probably going to be a week later.

Thanks!
Awesome, thanks David
jpfondu
Art Expert

Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:50 pm

cchang
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:04 pm

That wood looks great. Congrats.
cchang
Art Connoisseur

Sun May 14, 2017 6:19 am

LD.JPG
Per his FB post.
BradWI
Art Enthusiast

Sun May 14, 2017 8:23 am

I believe that's a commission for the LD Fans Facebook group, not part of the MoT series.
Woo5lscott
Art Expert

Sun May 14, 2017 8:56 am

BradWI wrote:I believe that's a commission for the LD Fans Facebook group, not part of the MoT series.
Yup
fourthstooge
Art Expert

Sun May 14, 2017 10:41 am

That's correct. The next MOT piece is a Zeppelin. The mock-up has been done and it's really nice.

Here's a teaser:

I used to be a collector...now I'm a hoarder.
GoodnightRobicheaux

Sun May 14, 2017 2:09 pm

fourthstooge wrote:That's correct. The next MOT piece is a Zeppelin. The mock-up has been done and it's really nice.

Here's a teaser:

Emphasis on "tease". :drool:
ethnosax
Art Connoisseur

Sun May 14, 2017 2:20 pm

This is by far one of my favorite threads. :) Sincere thanks to everyone who revives it every now and then!
cchang
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:04 am

Bump.