Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
fallchild
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 09, 2017 3:33 pm

guerilladubber wrote:
phips wrote:like the look of the Kung Fu Panda print.
True story: A Disney rep came into my friends animation class. My friend had been seeing my band- Giant Panda Guerilla Dub Squad- every week for several months at that time, as we were doing a weekly gig here in rochester NY.
Anyway, She asked to see what everyone was working on. My friend showed her his character- which was a panda, in a Kung Fu suit. She was intrigued. He went on to explain his character to her.
Well, you probably get the rest... they stole the idea and made millions of dollars off of it.
How long ago was this?

Warcraft 3 introduced Pandaren Monks back in 2002 and they're literal pandas that do martial arts haha
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue May 09, 2017 3:34 pm

chrisjuniper wrote:

I think a different demographic already owns rights to "Predatuesday"
Once again my attempts to get Predator Day on the map with Alien Day are met with rights issues...along with all the other problems associated with celebrating movies about Predators. :(
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
virtualj
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 09, 2017 3:41 pm

fallchild wrote:
guerilladubber wrote:
True story: A Disney rep came into my friends animation class. My friend had been seeing my band- Giant Panda Guerilla Dub Squad- every week for several months at that time, as we were doing a weekly gig here in rochester NY.
Anyway, She asked to see what everyone was working on. My friend showed her his character- which was a panda, in a Kung Fu suit. She was intrigued. He went on to explain his character to her.
Well, you probably get the rest... they stole the idea and made millions of dollars off of it.
How long ago was this?

Warcraft 3 introduced Pandaren Monks back in 2002 and they're literal pandas that do martial arts haha
GTFO! LOVE YOUR MUSIC
I donate anonymously.
guerilladubber
Art Expert

Tue May 09, 2017 3:43 pm

fallchild wrote:
guerilladubber wrote:
How long ago was this?

This was '06 probably. Striking similarities between his sketch and what turned into the Kung Fu Panda some know and love. Never seen the flick personally.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
guerilladubber
Art Expert

Tue May 09, 2017 3:45 pm

virtualj wrote: GTFO! LOVE YOUR MUSIC
Hey! You GTFO! We appreciate your support! :D
Wasn't trying to hijack the thread- just thought of that and felt it was an interesting side note.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue May 09, 2017 3:52 pm

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
michaelmillichamp
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 09, 2017 3:56 pm

guerilladubber wrote:
fallchild wrote:
guerilladubber wrote:
This was '06 probably. Striking similarities between his sketch and what turned into the Kung Fu Panda some know and love. Never seen the flick personally.
This your friend? https://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/01/05 ... in-prison/
guerilladubber
Art Expert

Tue May 09, 2017 4:06 pm

Nah that's not it. But whoever tried to pull that stunt needs a new brain.
michaelmillichamp
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 09, 2017 4:10 pm

guerilladubber wrote:
Not to be a nerd or anything, but Kung Fu Panda was created by Dreamworks, not Disney.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Tue May 09, 2017 4:14 pm

Sounds like a half true story.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
guerilladubber
Art Expert

Tue May 09, 2017 5:17 pm

You got me. It's a hoax. I just wanted to chat.
No, but it was a over a decade ago. Maybe it was a dreamworks rep, maybe it was Walt Disney himself, I don't know. He told me the story and then showed me the picture. I took it for what it was and then went and played my second set.
cotis
Art Expert

Tue May 09, 2017 5:20 pm

guerilladubber
Art Expert

Tue May 09, 2017 5:50 pm

The person who came in to his class was Vicky Jensen.http://m.imdb.com/name/nm0421776/
IMG_8271.JPG
IMG_8273.JPG
IMG_8270.JPG
So there ya '12ers. :lol:
soam24
Art Freak

Tue May 09, 2017 5:51 pm

She has an ok track record..
michaelmillichamp
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 09, 2017 6:10 pm

Overly sexualized pandas with machine guns is pretty different than a huge fat panda with a stick.