Stock Market Discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
1000steps
Art Expert

Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:47 pm

new product release from NewGen Concepts (VPOR)
Welcome to the sleaze pit
cktbreaker
Art Expert

Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:14 pm

Cool thing, but material has to be broken down in order to load the device.
1000steps
Art Expert

Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:52 pm

Yep. If that's a turn-off, it's not your thing.

Personally, I find it quite easy to break up nug into small chunks. It's the fine grind that take effort, and hand grinders are expensive for what they are, kinda messy, and easily clogged.

And, fwiw, the marketplace has already demonstrated for several years that these peripheral devices are some of the biggest money-makers in the current conditions.

People spill big bucks for flashy Jonny Ive lookin fudge like this. Who am I to judge?
cktbreaker
Art Expert

Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:22 pm

Agreed, right now the cannabis market is full of junk devices many of them toxic (ie: most vapor pens). Hipsters like to buy the latest gadget.

Still get sticky fingers and then grab the 'easy grinder' getting that sticky. That grinder will also suffer from clogging, good thing it all comes apart and appears to be all metal, hopefully stainless or better. Will be many iso cleanings to keep it functioning. Battery life is always a question, nice they added the manual option there.

I gotta get going but what do you think about Terra Tec?
1000steps
Art Expert

Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:38 pm

I've been following TRTC for several months. Seems like the company has been getting sustained positive press for awhile.

The stock had some weird price action late in 2016, which gave me pause back then. After a couple months of consolidation, it could be poised for a solid break-out. Just crystal balling.
pvecchi
Art Expert

Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:50 pm

Anyone else here invested in the GSEs (Fannie and Freddie)?
Commons or Preferreds?
1000steps
Art Expert

Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:52 pm

I'm sure I am, somehow. Isn't everyone, somehow?
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:03 pm

I hopped on TRTC at .15 a share, went up steadily for awhile but has been flatlined at .30 for a loooong time. Thinking about dumping it actually.

Riding ACAN to the top baby!

Oh and wtf with that grinder? Is that for people who want to snort flower? Give me my good old fashioned Swiss Army knife and an iced glass bong and I'm good to go, drymount all this "innovation."
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
rockbridge
Art Expert

Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:13 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:Give me my good old fashioned Swiss Army knife and an iced glass bong and I'm good to go, drymount all this "innovation."
:clap: :clap:
1000steps
Art Expert

Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:34 pm

Hitting the bong definitely gets you that buzz, but some people actually medicate with cannabis. As they are already ill, they need to think about long-term health repercussions and combustion is about the worst way to imbibe. This isn't preaching, this is a real-world outlook toward cannabis legalization vs. the black-light poster, Inn-A-Gadda-Da-Vida way of looking at it. A narrow view of the market based on one's own particular desires is not a recipe for investing success, imo.

But hey, party on dude

p.s. - not a believer in stock tips, personally. I think people are better left to judge the quality of an investment on their own. I've got several huge winners in the bag right now, stopped out for big profits, but you won't find me bragging about em here or anywhere else. Mr. Market will do what Mr. Market will do.
1000steps
Art Expert

Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:51 pm

One more thought I will toss out here for people to reflexively disregard :wink:

I believe penny stocks that have already risen to a certain high point in the past have a greater likelihood of moving back to that high point simply by having been there before. Not a much greater likelihood, mind you, but a greater likelihood. Also, I should add that cannabis-related investments comprise a small fraction of my portfolio. They are the nitroglycerin additive I stick in the tank to seek higher performance, while remaining aware that too much will blow up the engine.

That said, the majority of cannabis stocks I own have at one time or another been valued at many multiples of their current value. Let's use VPOR as an example. On 9/30/2011, this stock hit an all-time high of $5.00 per share. Right now the same stock is trading for $0.0015 per share. Back in 2011, VPOR shares were worth 3,333x what they are now. By comparison, ACAN had an all-time high of $6.00 in 2014, and shares are currently selling for $3.95, for a multiple of 1.5x. Now unless someone is looking for upside potential on the order of the NASDAQ, I see little reason to invest in a stock like ACAN when other canna stocks offer far greater potential gain based on past performance. If I bought $1,000 of ACAN and it returns to its previous all-time high, the initial investment would be worth $1,500. If I bought $1,000 worth of VPOR and it returns to its previous all-time high, the initial investment would be worth $3,333,000. If one is looking for portfolio nitro like I am, buying decent stakes in 10-20 solidly performing canna stocks with wildly divergent lows and highs like VPOR offer far more latent potential than stocks such as ACAN with narrower past price action. I'd buy a tech IPO rather than ACAN.

That's all I got. Tldr and slam away
1000steps
Art Expert

Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:33 pm

Got pretty quiet in here all of sudden. Everyone run off to go place some penny stock orders? :lol: :lol:

YOU'RE WELCOME. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
eurocasa1
New User

Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:58 pm

Hey Technique, Seth Davis called me and told me to short the stocks. Timberrrrrr.
pvecchi
Art Expert

Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:23 am

1000steps wrote:Got pretty quiet in here all of sudden. Everyone run off to go place some penny stock orders? :lol: :lol:

YOU'RE WELCOME. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
lol I'm no....and based by your lengthy post above I think I will ignore all recommendations and/or advice you provide.

Might as well go to Vegas...
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:22 pm

Hey 1000, just reading your last couple posts. Good stuff. I'm almost always interested in what you have to say. :clap:

Good point on the medicinal vaping. But most of the folks I know who use grinders are not using it for medicinal reasons and I always feel like it's just a waste of time.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.