Random Posts & Chaos

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
mrsippycups
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:02 pm

I have been in and out of school for damn near 8 years now. I just go when I get bored, have money, somebody else pays for it
recycler wrote:You do not need poster nerds to tell you what you should like.
ISO: "Champagne Charlie" sheet music cover by Alfred Concanen
hunterjax
Art Expert

Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:44 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Seems like you've been bitching about school for the last 6 years. WTF do ya do?
actual-lol.
Cragars
Art Expert

Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:11 pm

Codeblue wrote:Seems like you've been bitching about school for the last 6 years. WTF do ya do?
lulz. I'm in an Occupational Therapy program now. All the bitching was probably the hoops I had to jump through to get in. :pint:
gorkie
Art Freak

Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:11 pm

Soulja Boy or Chris Brown?
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
BB8
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:48 am

What exactly goes into calculating a 6 month average price on EB?

Check out Horkey Jurassic Park reg.... It says 6 month average is $678 but when you look at the price history there was only 1 sale in the last 6 months for $500 so shouldn't the 6 month average be $500?

danebp
Art Expert

Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:10 am

BB8 wrote:What exactly goes into calculating a 6 month average price on EB?

Check out Horkey Jurassic Park reg.... It says 6 month average is $678 but when you look at the price history there was only 1 sale in the last 6 months for $500 so shouldn't the 6 month average be $500?

The 6 month average calc stopped taking into consideration sales about a year ago when EB went on the fritz. So, the 6 month average for this one is based on the last two sales in 2015.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:33 am

Save the Price Charts!
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
freaksmeout
Art Expert

Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:51 pm

gorkie wrote:Soulja Boy or Chris Brown?
Can I just drop something heavy on my toe instead?
Nothing brings humility like a good ol' shart."
john38103
Art Expert

Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:36 pm

A Dairy Queen franchise owner in Illinois believed he could call customers the N word. DQ corporate quickly stepped up and showed him that won't be allowed at their stores by closing his location. A nice win for decent human beings who enjoy ice cream.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... 958ce67749
cotis
Art Expert

Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:26 am

so this happened today near my hometown... http://www.njherald.com/20170110/truck- ... eral-store#
ALLAMUCHY — A tractor trailer truck crashed into the Allamuchy General Store shortly before 9:30 a.m.

The driver of the truck, who had just turned off County Route 517 on to Old Hackettstown Road, was headed downhill when he veered on to a resident's property and tore a path through a thicket of trees before plowing into the side of the store and coming to a stop.

It could not immediately be determined if any injuries resulted from the crash.

The owner of the store -- located at the corner of Johnsonburg and Old Hackettstown roads -- was seen milling about outside shortly afterward and appeared physically unharmed though badly shaken. He declined to be interviewed.

Tom Laura, who lives about 100 feet away, said it is not the first time there has been an accident at this corner, though he said he has never seen one of this magnitude in the more than 30 years he has lived at this location.

"I was inside my house and heard a sound like a snow plow hitting the pavement," he said. "Then I came outside to look and said to myself, 'Where are all the trees?' It was like a bulldozer came right through."

Laura speculated that the driver might have realized his brakes were failing and deliberately turned into a cluster of trees along the road to slow the truck's speed. He noted that the truck completely missed hitting several electrical poles and wires before coming to a stop.

Laura said his neighbors have been clamoring for years for the township to provide safety enhancements at the corner, which he suggested has been akin to a terrible accident waiting to happen.

fredo
Art God

Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:02 am

So I guess there's a reality show about real estate agents fighting over clients. That's a pretty good idea, but I'ma hold out til 4sale Sign Maker Wars hits.
just a foil for me today, thanks
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:27 pm

"The Germans' nickname for me is 'The Little Man'?"
tweetick
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:32 pm

When I visited the Philippines in 2010 with my partner and in-laws, locals would refer to me as "the German" and repeatedly asked what the German was doing there. None of us has any idea as to why they assumed I am German.
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:22 am

Codeblue wrote:Save the Price Charts!
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
gorkie
Art Freak

Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:55 am

gorkie wrote:There is an old man who lives in my neighborhood. I'm not sure, but I think he lives within a block or so of me. He is hunched over so badly when I see him. He is bent over literally at a 90 degree angle when he walks and stands. Lately when I see him I want to go up to him and talk to him and ask him if there is ever anything he needs help with. But I never do because I am afraid of offending him. I don't know why I am so afraid to ask him. Sad.
I saw him tonight. First time I have seen him since posting about him previously. It was around midnight tonight and I was returning home after being out at a friend's party. He was out walking an empty wheelchair with a couple of bags in the seat of the chair. We had just exited our uber and I was surprised to see him after not seeing him in over a year. Wasn't even sure if he was in the neighborhood any longer. Because I had had a few beers I had the balls to approach him and talk to him. I'm so glad I did. His name is Richard. He lives in a unit with his older brother who he helps care for, but he is trying to find a small apartment to move into that will also take his dog. He said he lost the house that his family owned for 104 years in the city because he couldn't afford to keep it up. I got his number and I told him I wanted to help him in whatever way I could. Going to call him in a couple days and meet him for coffee. I feel really good about it. And my partner cried coming into our place after we left him. So there you go.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram