LEGO - The thread.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:51 am

I only sort by size, never by color. Sifting through a bucket of black pieces for a 2x2 tile is no fun.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:05 pm

Darkknight37 wrote:Image
ha!
schmoff
Art Expert

Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:15 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:I only sort by size, never by color. Sifting through a bucket of black pieces for a 2x2 tile is no fun.
if they are in a bag or box
shake them up and the smalll tiles will go down to the bottom
hunterjax
Art Expert

Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:16 pm

schmoff wrote:
Diabolos80 wrote:I only sort by size, never by color. Sifting through a bucket of black pieces for a 2x2 tile is no fun.
if they are in a bag or box
shake them up and the smalll tiles will go down to the bottom
SCIENCE! :D
starkdesign
Art Expert

Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:36 pm

Darkknight37 wrote:Image
Funny enough, after seeing the LEGO movie the first time, it really did trigger some self-reflection regarding this subject for me. I constantly have to hold back on regulating all the brick mess in the house, and yeah I have a few sets that I want to stay together forever and never touch, but I have resolved to keep them high on the shelf and away from sticky hands.

But its tough, building a badass set with the kids and seeing it destroyed months later. But then they make other MOCs with those parts and I calm down...

All that to say, I had a panic moment in the movie where I questioned if I was Lord Business, only without the KRAGLE lol deep thoughts in a kids movie :wink:
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:44 pm

starkdesign wrote:But its tough, building a badass set with the kids and seeing it destroyed months later.
The Ninjago Temple of Airjitzu my son got for Christmas (that I built with him) made it to yesterday... :cry:
starkdesign
Art Expert

Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:52 pm

iwokeinrelief wrote:
starkdesign wrote:But its tough, building a badass set with the kids and seeing it destroyed months later.
The Ninjago Temple of Airjitzu my son got for Christmas (that I built with him) made it to yesterday... :cry:
Ouch. I have an x-wing and tie fighter that I am monitoring closely lol.

the moana sets and frozen castle are long gone already I fear...
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
thescofieldkid
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:09 pm

starkdesign wrote: Funny enough, after seeing the LEGO movie the first time, it really did trigger some self-reflection regarding this subject for me. I constantly have to hold back on regulating all the brick mess in the house.
My boys (8,6) and I have been having blowouts the past few yrs w/regards to the lego carnage throughout the house. After school started back a few months ago, I finished decking/framing our attic out and split the space. 1/3 for storage, 2/3 for lego (about 600 sq ft). It's been awesome! Can now sequester the lads away in the castle keep and let the wreckage ensue!
Collect them all. Before you Die®
mrkyuss
Art God

Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:11 pm

Got the new modular. Gonna set them all up together.
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
cutterbutter
Art Expert

Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:22 pm

Through a amazon mixup I now have an extra yellow submarine.
Anyone interested? Below list price, like $40? Sealed with the minifigs.
Fun build!
starkdesign
Art Expert

Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:01 pm

Snagged this game at the FLGS today for a game night with the fam tonight, anyone else played it before?

Hoping its like the creator games they had from LEGO years ago, but better.

https://www.amazon.com/Renegade-Game-St ... B01DV0KSY8

iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:45 pm

Never heard of that, but I'm intrigued. I look forward to hearing about it.
originalg
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:36 am

Any UK'ers out there getting the Lego Batman minifigs ? I already have a few dupes that i wouldnt mind trading with someone here if you have any ?
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:43 am

Diabolos80 wrote:We went a bit nuts on the Batman cmf series. Got a full set, but a lot of doubles. They have been opened, but not assembled. PM me if you're looking for these. Here's what we got:
Still available: Lobster Batman, Fairy Batman, Batgirl, Calculator, Zodiac, Eraser, Mime, King Tut, and Orca.
originalg
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:08 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:
Diabolos80 wrote:We went a bit nuts on the Batman cmf series. Got a full set, but a lot of doubles. They have been opened, but not assembled. PM me if you're looking for these. Here's what we got:
Still available: Lobster Batman, Fairy Batman, Batgirl, Calculator, Zodiac, Eraser, Mime, King Tut, and Orca.

I take it your not from the UK ?