LEGO - The thread.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
yobaby

Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:14 pm

bryndavies wrote:I got these two sealed and unopened and won't use them. Is $150 shipped fair for the pair?

that Ghostbusters set is amazing! I've got the Beatles yellow submarine still boxed, the problem is that I have itchy fingers and can't hold out much longer. I'm going to have to build it soon..
golobulus
Art Expert

Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:46 pm

starkdesign wrote:Not sure if anyone else in here loves airplanes (especially WWII ones) like I do (thx dad for all the plastic model building as a kid lol), but I saw this and really wish it was a legit set:

An entire line of UCS WWII airplanes would be awesome! The "Lego Historic Aviation" line.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:23 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:We went a bit nuts on the Batman cmf series. Got a full set, but a lot of doubles. They have been opened, but not assembled. PM me if you're looking for these. Here's what we got:
Glam Metal Batman
Clan of the Cave Batman
Fairy Batman
Lobster Lovin' Batman
Commissioner Gordon
Dick Grayson
Pink Power Batgirl
Calculator
Zodiac Master
Eraser
Mime
King Tut
Orca
We have ten packs coming probably by the weekend . . . whatever doubles I get I can let you know, if you're looking for them, we can trade it out! :D
starkdesign
Art Expert

Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:52 am

Yeah, bryndavies I would say that is a fair deal for sure, especially if its for someone looking for more Architecture sets (or a surplus of white bricks), since that set alone is listed at $150.

I'd consider it but I already have both sets, good luck on the sale!
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
Creation88
Art Expert

Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:04 pm

Rumors of a millennium falcon UCS this year
starkdesign
Art Expert

Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:24 pm

Creation88 wrote:Rumors of a millennium falcon UCS this year
Was reading that last night too, man oh man I REALLY hope that happens. :D
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
jmagee87
Art Expert

Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:30 pm

Time to start saving up
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:58 pm

jmagee87 wrote:Time to start saving up
Yup. If the Death Star went up $100, no telling what a Falcon would be priced. Still gonna buy it though. I started bricklinking one a few years ago but never finished.
bran
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:53 pm

Hello all! Have only posted very sparingly in here, but wanted to pose this ? to you. Our son has a lot of sets of many different series, all from about the last 5 years. As a lot of kids do, he didn't keep them together after he built them, choosing to make his own creations (which we definitely encouraged!), BUT (and this is a really big BUT!), he thinks that he now wants to put them back together. They're all fairly centralized but not organized at all. We have the manuals for most everything still. This sounds like a nightmare but it seems that you guys (along with a lot of "Legoheads"!) are just that, very organized. I know that we're not the first people to do this or attempt it at least, but I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions/ideas on how we might go about doing something like this or can at least point me in the right direction of some ideas. Please? I feel like a crazy person even attempting it but it kind of sounds fun... :hanging: :lol:
ajmmck
Art Expert

Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:57 pm

Perfect for this website! Cant wait!

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
schmoff
Art Expert

Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:23 am

bran wrote:Hello all! Have only posted very sparingly in here, but wanted to pose this ? to you. Our son has a lot of sets of many different series, all from about the last 5 years. As a lot of kids do, he didn't keep them together after he built them, choosing to make his own creations (which we definitely encouraged!), BUT (and this is a really big BUT!), he thinks that he now wants to put them back together. They're all fairly centralized but not organized at all. We have the manuals for most everything still. This sounds like a nightmare but it seems that you guys (along with a lot of "Legoheads"!) are just that, very organized. I know that we're not the first people to do this or attempt it at least, but I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions/ideas on how we might go about doing something like this or can at least point me in the right direction of some ideas. Please? I feel like a crazy person even attempting it but it kind of sounds fun... :hanging: :lol:

I would start by sorting by color, then size etc...
bethemonkey
Art Expert

Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:32 am

Yep, spent most of one day over the holidays doing just this... my kid want to make sure the colors are the same as well, so no substitutions. Try finding that one piece you need in two buckets full of 3,000 plus lego.
schmoff wrote:
bran wrote:Hello all! Have only posted very sparingly in here, but wanted to pose this ? to you. Our son has a lot of sets of many different series, all from about the last 5 years. As a lot of kids do, he didn't keep them together after he built them, choosing to make his own creations (which we definitely encouraged!), BUT (and this is a really big BUT!), he thinks that he now wants to put them back together. They're all fairly centralized but not organized at all. We have the manuals for most everything still. This sounds like a nightmare but it seems that you guys (along with a lot of "Legoheads"!) are just that, very organized. I know that we're not the first people to do this or attempt it at least, but I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions/ideas on how we might go about doing something like this or can at least point me in the right direction of some ideas. Please? I feel like a crazy person even attempting it but it kind of sounds fun... :hanging: :lol:

I'm in Canada and it costs more to ship everywhere, so get over it.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:05 am

schmoff wrote:

That is EXACTLY what I did with my collection before having kids. Now...well, we just have bins everywhere with whatever bricks get thrown in. One day I'll get back to the color system...one day...

I tried a few years ago with the kids to just have a single drawer of minifigs and minifig accessories only. That lasted a while and was awesome, but its gone now lol
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:13 am