LEGO - The thread.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:37 am

Not sure if anyone else in here loves airplanes (especially WWII ones) like I do (thx dad for all the plastic model building as a kid lol), but I saw this and really wish it was a legit set:

Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:12 am

Anyone found the new batman minfigs in stores yet?
chimpun
Art Expert

Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:48 am

The boys got a nice haul. It helps that I'm in charge of finding gifts on behalf of most of my family. They're mostly older folks that don't navigate the amazon computer store very well. So they each got one of the force awakens x wings and the 3-1 Dino set. Big guy got indonimius breakout, and little guy got a couple of the new rogue 1 sets. I got the ucs tie fighter Santa picked up during a random amazon lightning sale over the summer. Wife and baby girl got frozen sets. It's been a very bricky several days!
Creation88
Art Expert

Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:35 pm

BENYOUNG20 wrote:Anyone found the new batman minfigs in stores yet?
target. 8 for 8 so far.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:43 pm

BENYOUNG20 wrote:Anyone found the new batman minfigs in stores yet?
Ran across a few at a Target in Austin, but didn't have time to feel them up. We got a Gordon and Calculator?

Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
Creation88
Art Expert

Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:52 pm

from right to left and then down i got:
1 3 5 10 13 14 19 20

this was actually without feeling, i just grabbed 7 (1 was a gift) and went 8/8. :clap:
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:18 pm

mainly just want the batmans. Can't wait.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:11 am

chimpun wrote:The boys got a nice haul. It helps that I'm in charge of finding gifts on behalf of most of my family. They're mostly older folks that don't navigate the amazon computer store very well. So they each got one of the force awakens x wings and the 3-1 Dino set. Big guy got indonimius breakout, and little guy got a couple of the new rogue 1 sets. I got the ucs tie fighter Santa picked up during a random amazon lightning sale over the summer. Wife and baby girl got frozen sets. It's been a very bricky several days!
Just noticed this, damn Chimpun, NICE! Congrats on all the new interlocking plastic brick sets!
bryndavies
Art Expert

Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:23 pm

I got these two sealed and unopened and won't use them. Is $150 shipped fair for the pair?

Last edited by bryndavies on Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageT.K.C.
chimpun
Art Expert

Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:00 pm

starkdesign wrote:
chimpun wrote:Just noticed this, damn Chimpun, NICE! Congrats on all the new interlocking plastic brick sets!
Thanks Stark! Also, bought some Phillips copper led lights from Xmas discount section at target. 70% off now. Either way pretty cheap. I got the battery operated packs and put them into the Parisian Cafe for interior lighting. Looks great and highly recommended. Easy to manipulate and the wiring makes it easy to keep its former. Super low profile and I was able to attach the levels without big cracks. I'll post a pic at some point but it seems to get a great lighting option for modulars. Can't wait to rig the haunted house. Might go back and see if they have green. Dammit. Wish I thought of that earlier...
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:19 pm

We went a bit nuts on the Batman cmf series. Got a full set, but a lot of doubles. They have been opened, but not assembled. PM me if you're looking for these. Here's what we got:
Glam Metal Batman
Clan of the Cave Batman
Fairy Batman
Lobster Lovin' Batman
Commissioner Gordon
Dick Grayson
Pink Power Batgirl
Calculator
Zodiac Master
Eraser
Mime
King Tut
Orca
Lamarider
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:31 am

chimpun wrote:
starkdesign wrote:
chimpun wrote:Just noticed this, damn Chimpun, NICE! Congrats on all the new interlocking plastic brick sets!
Thanks Stark! Also, bought some Phillips copper led lights from Xmas discount section at target. 70% off now. Either way pretty cheap. I got the battery operated packs and put them into the Parisian Cafe for interior lighting. Looks great and highly recommended. Easy to manipulate and the wiring makes it easy to keep its former. Super low profile and I was able to attach the levels without big cracks. I'll post a pic at some point but it seems to get a great lighting option for modulars. Can't wait to rig the haunted house. Might go back and see if they have green. Dammit. Wish I thought of that earlier...
These ones?
http://intl.target.com/p/copper-wire-le ... 17408253|2
chimpun
Art Expert

Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:01 am

Yup. Those. They also had them in silver instead of copper. This was a really quick job I did with a few spare minutes. I literally taped the wiring to the ceilings just to see how the illumination would look. The wires held in place pretty well on their own if manipulated properly. I was really pleased with how it looked and will post once I get to rigging it for realz.
sb13
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:47 am

Spent the holiday vacation week building the Disney Castle with the kids. Thing is awesome.
bethemonkey
Art Expert

Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:54 pm

Now I have to dig out my Christmas stuff and try this.
chimpun wrote:Yup. Those. They also had them in silver instead of copper. This was a really quick job I did with a few spare minutes. I literally taped the wiring to the ceilings just to see how the illumination would look. The wires held in place pretty well on their own if manipulated properly. I was really pleased with how it looked and will post once I get to rigging it for realz.
I'm in Canada and it costs more to ship everywhere, so get over it.