Hendrix Experience John Mayall San Francisco 68 Griffin

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:00 pm

I can think of some mat/fillet/frame ideas for that keyline.
Give it up, rose :lol:

Seriously, that's total sweetness :clap:
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
goldenrose
Art Expert

Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:31 am

Rick_a_c wrote:I can think of some mat/fillet/frame ideas for that keyline.

Thanks Rick. I wish Rick Griffin was still around I'd ask him if he would custom color it - wonder if he ever did that for any of them.
the reckless are out wrecking, the timid plead their pleas - robert hunter
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:48 am

goldenrose wrote:
Rick_a_c wrote:I can think of some mat/fillet/frame ideas for that keyline.

Thanks Rick. I wish Rick Griffin was still around I'd ask him if he would custom color it - wonder if he ever did that for any of them.
Good question. I know Alton Kelley hand colored his FD-019 5 dollar bill. I have one of those. And Mouse said at TRPS a couple years ago that he would color a B&W keyline. So Griffin probably would have done it.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
goldenrose
Art Expert

Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:57 am

Those hand colored Kelley's are amazing- had the pleasure of recently viewing a bunch of them up close.
hogie777
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:43 pm

My RP-2 framed up by ROOQ in nyc. Should have gone with the museum no glare but still looks awesome. The piece and the red core black Matt are both floating with a gap between them
“We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams” - Willy Wonka
phishstix101
Art Expert

Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:45 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap:
automator
Nobody

Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:39 am

New image Hendrix Experience John Mayall San Francisco 68 Griffin RP-6 - F

automator
Nobody

Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:39 am

New image Hendrix Experience John Mayall San Francisco 68 Griffin RP-6 - F

goldenrose
Art Expert

Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:52 pm

Signed 2nd printing. The frame need's Corey & Co's touch but will do for now.

Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:18 pm

goldenrose wrote:Signed 2nd printing. The frame need's Corey & Co's touch but will do for now.

Never saw a blue job (haha) like that, rose. Refreshing. I like it.
goldenrose
Art Expert

Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:54 pm

Thanks Rick sort of like it especially the black thin matt but the black frame needs to go - thinking something ornate and antiquey.
SingingCowboy

Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:19 am

Hi there,
I had a small but pretty cool poster collection years back, but unfortunately had to sell most of it out of necessity. I’ve been trying to start up again recently and came across this piece. I believe it’s a BG 105 OP-1. I’m wondering if anybody can give their input on it. It’s non glossy, has the “0” in 105 overprinted by the I in tickets, and measures 21.5” x 14”. Any thought would be greatly appreciated
fredo
Art God

Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:11 am

Well, for one- it looks awesome. No idea why anyone but an investor cares (too much) about condition on those oldies. They're like jeans - better when battered some.

And two- I hope an expert shows up and helps.
just a foil for me today, thanks
SingingCowboy

Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:14 pm

fredo wrote:Well, for one- it looks awesome. No idea why anyone but an investor cares (too much) about condition on those oldies. They're like jeans - better when battered some.

And two- I hope an expert shows up and helps.
I agree. Older items in pristine condition are certainly visually appealing and merit higher value, but theres something intriguing about the unknown life of a work of art and where and by whom they were enjoyed. The little I know about this poster is that it hung in a San Francisco record store (hence the glue stains and condition of the back).
KSUvet
Art Expert

Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:05 pm

I'm not the expert, but one can tell anything from those tiny forum images. Upload some clear, full resolution photos to a hosting site and link so we can see text, and the printing, and whatnot. From what we can see, if it's real, you might want to linen back it to keep it from falling apart.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi