Anything OBEY related

General art-related discussion.
maddoghoek100
Art Expert

Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:26 am

realistically he has a better than 25% chance of dying in office or being removed. That is just facts. Most people forget the number of presidents who have died in office or been otherwise incapacitated

- 9 of 44 presidents have died or had a major health event in office (Im counting Wilson who would have been removed from office after the stroke)
add in
- he is the oldest person ever elected
- then there is the thinking that Reagan never really recovered from the gun shot. an older trump i dont think bounces back from a truly traumatic event.

Im not a mike pence fan, but he has a really good shot at being president.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:32 am

The guy scares the fudge out of me because of the absolute power he's about to hold and the access he's about to inherit. After 30+ years of EXTENSIVE coverage in the media, public eye, financial worlds, social media and the like how anyone can hold him in any kind regard is beyond me. drymounting clown...

'Tis the season... G O W I L D :cheers:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
jordanonthereg
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:10 pm

Well back to obey...

https://store.obeygiant.com/pages/policy

Looks like they've banned quite a few insta flippers this past week or so
mrsippycups
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:17 pm

#trufan

also be refunding people aren't they reducing competition on eBay there by raising prices? If artists were really worried about getting their art in the hands of every fan they would just make it open edition.
recycler wrote:You do not need poster nerds to tell you what you should like.
ISO: "Champagne Charlie" sheet music cover by Alfred Concanen
bullelk
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:28 pm

I don't think he has any problem with the long term value of his product, it's the short term issue of his fans getting taken advantage of that he has voiced distain for. Hurting the future value of his products with nothing but open would hurt flippers and fans. And if Shep wanted to hurt everyone except those who already invested, he would have sunk his money into oil and voted Trump.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:30 pm

Yeah Shep, make an open edition once in a while...oh wait...
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
bryndavies
Art Expert

Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:34 pm

This policy link is nothing new. It's been on the site for years.
ImageT.K.C.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:45 pm

mrsippycups wrote:#trufan

also be refunding people aren't they reducing competition on eBay there by raising prices? If artists were really worried about getting their art in the hands of every fan they would just make it open edition.
Shep was pretty much SPOT ON when it come to the quick flip so I don't see how you can't follow his logic... :pint:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
mrsippycups
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:55 pm

comountaingolf wrote:
mrsippycups wrote:#trufan

Shep was pretty much SPOT ON when it come to the quick flip so I don't see how you can't follow his logic... :pint:
what logic? He just said he refunds insta-flips, cool.

I'm just questioning what difference does it make and it might be hurting matters by moving prints out of the Mcdonalds value meal flip to the Applebees flip by reducing competition. I don't see why its hard to see that the people most likely to be selling a print for $20 over cost are the same people getting refunded while the people who are buying 3-8% of a run probably arn't getting refunded.
recycler wrote:You do not need poster nerds to tell you what you should like.
ISO: "Champagne Charlie" sheet music cover by Alfred Concanen
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:59 pm

Let's just agree to disagree. I read Shep's policy and have no issues with refunding flippers for the quick flip because the result is exactly as he described it. End of the day, it's his print until it drops at the Post. Plus, I love hearing the whine from the flippers who might actually have to get a j o b :lol:
> THC X 9 <
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:04 pm

comountaingolf wrote:Let's just agree to disagree. I read Shep's policy and have no issues with refunding flippers for the quick flip because the result is exactly as he described it. End of the day, it's his print until it drops at the Post. Plus, I love hearing the whine from the flippers who might actually have to get a j o b :lol:

Reselling is a legitimate business endeavor for any individual and can be quite profitable if you know what you're doing. I've found that public Messages like these only serve as attempts to discourage casual competition.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:06 pm

:lol:
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
Brazzzy
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:12 pm

hmmm, I'm sure the 'flipping' conversation has never occurred on this board, so let's have one now. :lol:

Artist wants to refund people trying for the instaflip to discourage the behavior? what's wrong with that? Since he doesn't want to release bigger editions or raise prices, this seems like the best way to free up a few prints for the non-flipper fans, no? who really has an issue with this policy? I mean, as long as he isn't unfairly banning people.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:14 pm

Brazzzy wrote:I mean, as long as he isn't unfairly Eelusing people.
Fixed.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:24 pm

Luls