Anything OBEY related

General art-related discussion.
chuckkeppler
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:00 am
Location: Charleston, SC
Contact:

Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:35 pm

Maybe the second version of this one? Not sure why he didn't release both at once.
User avatar
FOODRAP
Art Expert
Posts: 3346
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:15 am
Location: NEW YORK CITY
Contact:

Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:52 pm

anyone have buyers remorse?

ISO....
User avatar
ygolohcysp
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 905
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:57 pm

Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:53 pm

jjttdw wrote:I'm glad I set the alarm on my phone. I figured it would be up most of the afternoon. With that said I think it will be easy to pick one up off eBay near cost.

:shock: I would have agreed with you but eBay says otherwise.
A public relations nightmare

SLAPPED WITH FLIPPING
User avatar
jjttdw
Art Expert
Posts: 7022
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 pm

Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:57 pm

ygolohcysp wrote:
jjttdw wrote:I'm glad I set the alarm on my phone. I figured it would be up most of the afternoon. With that said I think it will be easy to pick one up off eBay near cost.

:shock: I would have agreed with you but eBay says otherwise.
Give it time. The first flippers do the best off those butt hurt on missing out. Some people wait to get the print in hand before selling. By that time most buyers have lost interest and the undercutting begins. Mid January I think these will be at or under $100.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
applehead
Art Expert
Posts: 2208
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 5:48 pm

Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:04 pm

I missed it due to being in a meeting. Smallest run of letterpress prints since Peace Dove. I'd be surprised if these ever go below $150 on fleabay, but some kind soul on here may help out people who are looking.

I thought this print was interesting, historically, but nothing I'd frame. It will be interesting to see where this print goes as time goes by
User avatar
soupysound
EB Trainee
Posts: 3730
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:38 pm

Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:05 pm

ygolohcysp wrote::shock: I would have agreed with you but eBay says otherwise.
:lol: so many cheeseeburgers. could probably splurge on a couple big macs, too.
Image
stuckeyc
Art Expert
Posts: 5456
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:00 am

Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:12 pm

FOODRAP wrote:anyone have buyers remorse?

ISO....
i got one. i am not selling, just showing off
Image
User avatar
jjttdw
Art Expert
Posts: 7022
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 pm

Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:16 pm

applehead wrote:I missed it due to being in a meeting. Smallest run of letterpress prints since Peace Dove. I'd be surprised if these ever go below $150 on fleabay, but some kind soul on here may help out people who are looking.

I thought this print was interesting, historically, but nothing I'd frame. It will be interesting to see where this print goes as time goes by
Physics was a run of 200 and they are now selling for under $150 and that image is way stronger IMO.

http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/203141
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
User avatar
Kramerica
Art Freak
Posts: 13857
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st

Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:18 pm

There are 300 almost identical (but better) prints that will go on sale in the near future. If you bought to sell, I wouldn't recommend waiting unless you are in it for the long haul.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
User avatar
sidewaysscott
Art God
Posts: 22102
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:22 am
Location: denver

Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:23 pm

Kramerica wrote:There are 300 almost identical (but better) prints that will go on sale in the near future. If you bought to sell, I wouldn't recommend waiting unless you are in it for the long haul.
This guy gets it.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
User avatar
cmatthews11
Art Expert
Posts: 2930
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:42 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Contact:

Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:26 pm

Screwed up going through checkout. Thankfully my office has better WIFI than my house, probably would've missed out otherwise.
User avatar
lazk
Art Expert
Posts: 5327
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:45 am
Location: Knoxville, TN

Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:09 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:
Kramerica wrote:There are 300 almost identical (but better) prints that will go on sale in the near future. If you bought to sell, I wouldn't recommend waiting unless you are in it for the long haul.
This guy gets it.
I guess those 300 didn't follow your advice. Shep is crying so hard right now that Trump is about to be OUR President. I expect 4 years of angry prints.
T.K.C.
User avatar
jjttdw
Art Expert
Posts: 7022
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 pm

Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:12 pm

So long as they are not so text heavy I am ready.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
User avatar
lazk
Art Expert
Posts: 5327
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:45 am
Location: Knoxville, TN

Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:17 pm

stuckeyc wrote:
FOODRAP wrote:anyone have buyers remorse?

ISO....
i got one. i am not selling, just showing off

That one did not go so swell....
T.K.C.
User avatar
mrsippycups
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 754
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:05 pm

Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:24 pm

oh fudge shep is going to make more antigovernment propaganda?

Image
recycler wrote:You do not need poster nerds to tell you what you should like.
ISO: "Champagne Charlie" sheet music cover by Alfred Concanen
Post Reply