Over The Atlas 06 Horkey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:22 pm

talkingdeads wrote:Listing can be updated, Appleby Atlas Grain Elevator was torn down on sept 1st, 2012
Updated.
So it goes...
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:31 pm

Sad to read about it, wanted to go out and snap a few pics of its dilapidated state, now i need to invent a time machine i guess
KSUvet
Art Expert

Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:49 am

What's the deal with the registration on this? I finally obtained one this year and it's . . . pretty off. I know this is an issue with this print, but I can't find why. Normally he wouldn't edition something that wasn't up to par.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
mtarail
Art Expert

Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:06 am

I don't know the reason why, but I've also seen a number of these prints with ink smudging in the circle area...
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:17 am

I don't think we'll ever know the reason why but I'm going to chalk it up to being from a different era in the print world. OTA is by far the best example but a lot of the earlier prints also have issues that certainly wouldn't make the grade today. Out of all of them though, this is one that I would love to see Ben get his hands on printing. The registration is fairly good on mine but does have slight smudging in the circle.
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:32 am

I think this was Ben's first print right? Was that how the story goes? Would be awesome to see him revisited it now, a decade later
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:05 am

lettawren wrote:i don't think we even sold 'em for that much but i can't remember at all. that was one crazy blur weekend! but, yes, if you're still tryin' to get a variant (i think there were some on blue, orange, and kraft, and then a few where the red color scheme was on black and vice versa) you can contact aaron directly through our website (http://www.burlesquedesign.com) and he'll get back to you. i think he even usually doodles stuff if he sells it directly!
Looking back through the early posts in this thread. Oh to have been around in those days (1 month before i joined)! :lol:
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:26 pm

The vast majority of my Horkey collection is from 2006-2008, with a few prints before and after. Flaws were common in the older prints. The print quality out of Burlesque 2006 was definitely not up to par with that of 2016, and as others have brought up, it was likely owed to Ben honing his skill. It was rumored that Aaron used to actually number them all in order of quality, which was probably feasible on older editions under 150. My personal experience would lend some truth to that as the prints I own with flaws are typically higher in number. All that being said, I don't recall owning a numbered Horkey that I felt was too flawed, and at one point I had about 40 of them. In fact, I own some S+D copies that I would be perfectly happy to still frame and display on my walls.

Another thing to consider is prints from that era were relatively cheaper than they are today, many of those gig posters were as cheap was $25 at shows and $35 from burlesque. So I think it's expected to get a cleaner more flawless print today.
8=====D~~~~
Sithlord32
Art Expert

Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:12 am

Interesting. The knowledge and educated speculation that arises in these forums is always worth the time to read. I bought mine framed so I can't see the ed # but it's a reg I don't see any amusing or flaws in it.
You can eat from a golden spoon but the cornflakes will taste the same

THC x 5
Baker
Art Expert

Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:34 am

I think over the years I have had 5 different copies of this print and they were always different in the registration and more than the reg, the main differences were in the split in the background of the main center image. From what ive read/heard they had issues with the mesh clogging on the screen while doing those, which is why you have a lot of them with some amount of missing ink in that portion of the image. The blue copy I have now is pretty much flawless, and the B/G remarqued copy I have is pretty good too, but does have a little of that missing ink in the middle. But in the end, thats what happens with screenprinting and sometimes the imperfections are what make each of them so unique on their own.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
automator
Nobody

Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:48 pm

New image Test

rka00
Art Expert

Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:37 pm

:D just picked up 136, couldn't resist always wanted this beauty, I can attest to the cavernous life...I think, it was a bit 'stiff' unrolling...still flattening
Awesomely huge print, framing may be :shock:

Very nice, http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 0&start=15