Anything OBEY related

General art-related discussion.
bubbie
Art Expert

Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:27 pm

jjttdw wrote:
KingOfNothing wrote:+1 even after getting hung up at PayPal forever. They threw me a curveball today asking for my phone number.
Exact same thing happened to me. +1
Yep. And that's where I failed :lol:
IndyDMBFan
Art Expert

Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:30 pm

Codeblue wrote:
IndyDMBFan wrote:This print is fugly.....
But ya bought it anyway didn't ya.
Nah, I actually passed today Blue, I'm sure it will flip, but I've moved passed the value meal profit level
thefiend5
Art Expert

Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:32 pm

And its flipping....you may get to cheesecake factory on this one
Kdh12
Art Freak

Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:54 pm

Anyone want to hook me up let me
mmmm Beer :pint:
KingOfNothing
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:57 pm

The dirty little secret of the print world, shipping. Most big players, Mondo, Obey, etc., hell anyone who sells over a 100+ prints at a time. Shipping USPS within the borders of the United States averages around $6-8 including the tube and employee time/handling. Everything after that is gravy. So much profit is being made on shipping costs alone. Welcome to capitalism 101.
NEVER FORGET Image 02/14/14
Je préfère mourir sur mes pieds que de vivre à genoux
jjttdw
Art Expert

Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:01 pm

thefiend5 wrote:And its flipping....you may get to cheesecake factory on this one
I see this settling around 100 in a couple months. I will load up on a few more at 90.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
mattlew69
Art Expert

Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:36 pm

KingOfNothing wrote: Shipping USPS within the borders of the United States averages around $6-8 including the tube and employee time/handling.
I want to use your USPS post. Everything I ship is usually around $7-$12 for a tube that weighs over 1 lb. Tubes are about $2-3 plus employee time and handling charge. Some companies even throw in stickers or pins. They are not raping you as much as you think they are.

Yes they make a profit but who wouldn't? That's just the 'Merican way.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:40 pm

UPS is way more than USPS. Dunno why ya'll are talking USPS rates.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
mattlew69
Art Expert

Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:42 pm

Because drymount UPS!

Even though thats what every poster artist uses.

We need more people to use USPS so it doesn't go bankrupt under Trumps command.
KingOfNothing
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:52 pm

Codeblue wrote:UPS is way more than USPS. Dunno why ya'll are talking USPS rates.
I was using USPS as an example. But this applies to all shippers. FEDX, UPS, USPS they all negotiate shipping rates with businesses that do bulk type shipping. Obey is clearing a profit after shipping and handling are factored on every print they ship.
mattlew69 wrote:Because drymount UPS!

Newsflash, USPS has been bankrupt (running in the negative) for years if not decades. Fleet upkeep and pensions for retired employees have been sucking USPS dry and it'll never get better.
NEVER FORGET Image 02/14/14
Je préfère mourir sur mes pieds que de vivre à genoux
theandrew13
Art Enthusiast

Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:15 pm

bubbie wrote:
jjttdw wrote:
KingOfNothing wrote:+1 even after getting hung up at PayPal forever. They threw me a curveball today asking for my phone number.
Exact same thing happened to me. +1
Yep. And that's where I failed :lol:
Same here, was able to add it and get it at least. It was gone surprisingly quick, first print that I've bought in months outside of the Mondo Fairey Brawndo one, but that one still hasn't shipped in over a month since I bought it. Mondo is slow as hell :roll: .
maddog76
Flipper

Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:45 pm

KingOfNothing wrote:
Codeblue wrote:UPS is way more than USPS. Dunno why ya'll are talking USPS rates.
I was using USPS as an example. But this applies to all shippers. FEDX, UPS, USPS they all negotiate shipping rates with businesses that do bulk type shipping. Obey is clearing a profit after shipping and handling are factored on every print they ship.
mattlew69 wrote:Because drymount UPS!

Newsflash, USPS has been bankrupt (running in the negative) for years if not decades. Fleet upkeep and pensions for retired employees have been sucking USPS dry and it'll never get better.
Name another business that has to fund its retirement program 20 years in advance. Hint, no one. Republicans don't like USPS competing with their corporate donors so they force them to do things that drymount with their bottom line.
fribhey
Art Expert

Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:53 pm

mattlew69 wrote:
KingOfNothing wrote: Shipping USPS within the borders of the United States averages around $6-8 including the tube and employee time/handling.
I want to use your USPS post. Everything I ship is usually around $7-$12 for a tube that weighs over 1 lb. Tubes are about $2-3 plus employee time and handling charge. Some companies even throw in stickers or pins. They are not raping you as much as you think they are..
exactly. don't forget craft paper and shipping tape, which isn't much per tube but definitely adds up. i've never understood why people think tubes and shipping materials don't cost anything.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:03 pm

The old usps postal worker debate

Time for me once more to state how overpaid cashier and delivery jobs are :lol:

Cut the counter jobs
the machines work better

Not to mention they dont honor insurance claims and put consumers threw hell in the process
J ackoffs
edgar
Art Expert

Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:19 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:The old usps postal worker debate

Time for me once more to state how overpaid cashier and delivery jobs are :lol:

Cut the counter jobs
the machines work better

Not to mention they dont honor insurance claims and put consumers threw hell in the process
J ackoffs
Quoted..someone else can have at it.
Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!