Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
thefiend5
Art Expert

Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:08 pm

kcn0 wrote:I can PB the ticket sale (1-4 tickets)... use your information... you pay for the tickets (less 1)... and you send me one of the posters...

...but seriously, that is a real offer 8)
Same here!!!! Its a Stout for sure :drool: :lol: :lol:
jmagee87
Art Expert

Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:10 pm

One day we'll have a drop for a screening where half the tickets arent bought by people not making the trip and subsequently posting dozens of threads about how they scored and want someone to go for them....one day
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
thefiend5
Art Expert

Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:11 pm

jmagee87 wrote:One day we'll have a drop for a screening where half the tickets arent bought by people not making the trip and subsequently posting dozens of threads about how they scored and want someone to go for them....one day
When it does you can do the same dance as in your avatar
bluebirdsong
Art Connoisseur

Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:12 pm

thefiend5 wrote:
kcn0 wrote:I can PB the ticket sale (1-4 tickets)... use your information... you pay for the tickets (less 1)... and you send me one of the posters...

plot twist everyone played themselves it's a ken taylor print
thefiend5
Art Expert

Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:13 pm

bluebirdsong wrote:
thefiend5 wrote:

No way its Die Hard.....
bluebirdsong
Art Connoisseur

Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:14 pm

thefiend5 wrote:
bluebirdsong wrote:
thefiend5 wrote:

No way its Die Hard.....
PART 2: DIE HARDER
thefiend5
Art Expert

Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:17 pm

I just got word its actually two prints, Die Hard 1 and 2 by Stout....no likeness though....(anti-hype)
bluebirdsong
Art Connoisseur

Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:25 pm

thefiend5 wrote:

I just got word its actually two prints, Die Hard 1 and 2 by Stout....no likeness though....(anti-hype)

lol not falling for it durieux already did die hard. Nice try tho; I sense a screening of a film with an anniversary this year say T2 or maybe even Stand by Me. I could see either of those films being strong candidates or maybe even say Transformers original animated feature.
theartofliving
Art Connoisseur

Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:27 pm

transformers? really?
thefiend5
Art Expert

Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:32 pm

bluebirdsong wrote:
thefiend5 wrote:

lol not falling for it durieux already did die hard. Nice try tho; I sense a screening of a film with an anniversary this year say T2 or maybe even Stand by Me. I could see either of those films being strong candidates or maybe even say Transformers original animated feature.
Stand by Me would be awesome, although I have Sam Gilbey Stand by Me but I could always use another :o
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:36 pm

agr719 wrote:
bluebirdsong wrote:edit: Also Jock's Halloween draws an insane amount of inspiration from the original poster as far as color composition goes down to the movie tagline "the night he came home!"
Yeah, can't believe he aped that for his poster :roll:

In all seriousness, along the lines of what Paul is saying, can we just assume RR meant "best alternative print for that title" and move along? Obviously everyone in this business/hobby now owes some sort of debt to the people who made the original release posters for these films. Paul is right that you cannot equate the two.
That is 100% what I meant. I wasn't referring to one sheets at all. Different animal.

Luls.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
bluebirdsong
Art Connoisseur

Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:37 pm

theartofliving wrote:transformers? really?
Yea man... Transformers was a big deal in alot of peoples lives growing up if anyone can tell me optimus dying in the original cartoon movie didn't make them cry I call bullsh*t artist.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:37 pm

bluebirdsong wrote:
theartofliving wrote:transformers? really?
Yea man... Transformers was a big deal in alot of peoples lives growing up if anyone can tell me optimus dying in the original cartoon movie didn't make them cry I call bullsh*t artist.
It didn't make me cry.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
bluebirdsong
Art Connoisseur

Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:38 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:That is 100% what I meant. I wasn't referring to one sheets at all. Different animal.
I get that now, I agree Jock is a great artist have a few of his prints, loved the most recent one he did for Star Wars, have the lobby card edition.
bluebirdsong
Art Connoisseur

Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:39 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote: It didn't make me cry.
RR has no heart it's official