Tiny info about a Tiny Media Empire aka Daniel Danger thread

General art-related discussion.
tulip1637
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:42 pm

There is no labor I love more than my investments, just always a blast to have someone immediately turn that discussion into one about themselves.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:43 pm

soam24 wrote:
danieldanger wrote:just always a blast to spend a month working on something as a labor of love and then it immediately turns into a discussion about someones investment portfolio.

If someone views this as an investment piece they are doing it wrong.
most back-handed insult ever? :shock:
partpat
Art Freak

Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:48 pm

:lol:
BangElDesh
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:14 pm

The Danger family is really talented. I'm a big fan of Daniel's work & his brother Carlos is turning out to be quite the photographer.
Weasel
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:19 am

Noob opinion: I don't buy prints as an investment. While I love the 'hypno' variant of the jungle Book, I prefer the standard edition and I always just go with what I'd want to put on my wall, regardless of future value. (The 7th edition Please Don't Worry... we've got is one of our favourites, and that's one of the cheapest prints I've bought by any artist. Got it at the top of our stairs so see it up close every day, and every day I love it.)

Having said that, I really, really want that green Jungle Book print but can't justify buying it until I get some of my others framed: got a Darkness Forgives, Never Had A Plan, I Could Never Fight Your Battles, Where Do You Go etc still to get framed.

But at least I've got my Wolf Guard up! £230 for the frame (hand done, 'invisible' glass, etc). Looks amazing - photos don't do any of the pics justice. (In fact, apologies for the utterly awful photos...)

Now I just need to track down a Wet Teeth. And a Jabberwock for the wife's birthday. Can't see that happening though - they're buggers to find.

RyanF

Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:56 pm

Anyone have photos of their framed "Where do you go when you go?" ? Trying to figure out what I want to do with mine. I'm thinking about using reclaimed wood that has some white paint on it. Having a hard time finding wood like this... Image
tulip1637
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:48 pm

watermarked wood is hard to find.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:57 pm

So it goes...
enterthanman
Art Enthusiast

Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:36 pm

punch wrote:
danieldanger wrote:just always a blast to spend a month working on something as a labor of love and then it immediately turns into a discussion about someones investment portfolio.
I think the art is awesome, and yet I still think timed editions suck. Crazy huh? One can have an opinion on how the art is released AND enjoy the art as well!? Bananas.

Get over it.
You only think they sucks because they remove your ability to make money off someone else's work. I'm beyond caring about flipping, but timed editions put the money in the artist's pocket instead of reseller's. If you don't want flack from an artist then maybe don't say you're bummed you can't make money off their work in front of them.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:37 pm

jayper wrote:

This thing is going to be a drymounting beast!
Bump.
JGC7881
Art Connoisseur

Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:07 am

Unless they run an art gallery or have an online shop, then odds are flippers are just making chump change anyway. Although personally I appreciate flippers because I always miss drops and have to buy on the secondary market.

"Investment portfolio" :lol:
Weasel
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:03 am

It's a few days since I posted with the pics of my DD prints, even though it's not showing up for me yet - taking a while to be approved, being a noob. But needless to say, in the meantime I totally buckled and ordered one of the Jungle Book prints!
Weasel
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:52 am

Wolf Guard framed. Apologies for the dreadful photo quality.

Along with some others. No fancy wood frames - just kept it simple (although still expensive - with non-reflective glass etc it came in at about £230).

Couple of others:

I did post a bit about buying to resell last week, but being a noob, and with the 'approve posts' function broken, it never showed up (although it might at some point in the future, which will make me look a bit weird). Essentially boiled down to saying I don't buy anything that I don't want on my wall, which is why I've gone for the standard Jungle Book print as I prefer it, even though it's not as rare. And I won't be picking one of the other up off eBay - prefer to try to pay the artist directly if possible. (Although if I can't track down a Wet Teeth or a Jabberwock, I might be going back on that...)

Still got about five more prints to get framed. And this time I'm definitely not buying any more until I've done that.

Maybe.
AliRock110
Art Expert

Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:13 am

I can't lie DD, I took out a little equity on that JB investment I made. I pulled up a pic of the Variant on my phone and ran around my apartment hissing at my daughter, sad to say I'm not a good hypnotist. Will leave that to an expert like Kaa. Many lols were had and we are super stoked out to be receiving the real thing in a few weeks. Suffice it to say that I will be getting many bountiful returns on that investment for many years to come.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:20 am

tinymediaempire wrote:Work in progress of some elks hunting for auntie Annie pretzels or some cool scarves or something.
So it goes...