Can we get a Video Game subforum?

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:56 pm

I'm still hooked on UC4 multiplayer. Never tried it on 2 or 3 so it's new to me. It's so damn good I still haven't started NG+ on DS3...
wottagunn
Art Expert

Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:41 pm

mrsippycups wrote:Also the combat is damn never perfect.
hahaha
Try a Souls game
mobius006
Art Freak

Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:57 pm

Can't take the wait for No Man's Sky
mrsippycups
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:49 am

wottagunn wrote:
hahaha
Try a Souls game
The problem with dark souls (for me) is while I appreciate a challenge I don't want to come home from my stressful ass job to throw myself at a wall for a couple hour not to get anywhere. I want to unwind not get wound up. I think Witcher fits perfectly between Skyrim's hack n' slash and Dark Souls 'your timing better be perfect or you're starting the whole level over'.

The Witcher 3 combat makes you feel like a badass when you parry/block/roll and use your potions right and it spanks that bottom if you try to be dumb.
recycler wrote:You do not need poster nerds to tell you what you should like.
ISO: "Champagne Charlie" sheet music cover by Alfred Concanen
mobius006
Art Freak

Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:40 am

mrsippycups wrote:
wottagunn wrote:
hahaha
Try a Souls game
The problem with dark souls (for me) is while I appreciate a challenge I don't want to come home from my stressful ass job to throw myself at a wall for a couple hour not to get anywhere. I want to unwind not get wound up. I think Witcher fits perfectly between Skyrim's hack n' slash and Dark Souls 'your timing better be perfect or you're starting the whole level over'.

The Witcher 3 combat makes you feel like a badass when you parry/block/roll and use your potions right and it spanks that bottom if you try to be dumb.
100% agree. however I just never play witcher 3 enough to remember what the hell I'm doing. :D
mrsippycups
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:08 pm

^thats rough

I am kind of excited for No Man's Sky. I am not sure if I am going to get it or not. Minecraft ate up 2 years of my life and I would rather skip that

Got Overwatch this week and damn if that game is not fun.
recycler wrote:You do not need poster nerds to tell you what you should like.
ISO: "Champagne Charlie" sheet music cover by Alfred Concanen
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:58 pm

ChrisV
Art Expert

Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:46 pm

Man...someone talk me out of buying an Xbox One S...really tempted to dump my current Xbox for like $200, and upgrade.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:03 am

ChrisV wrote:Man...someone talk me out of buying an Xbox One S...really tempted to dump my current Xbox for like $200, and upgrade.
Perfect time to become part of the glorious PC Master Race.
ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
novascotiapower
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:03 pm

I'm excited to try the new Lucioball game mode in Overwatch when I get home tonight. If it's anything like Rocket League I'm sure I'll sink at least a few hours in!
ontheDL
Art Connoisseur

Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:28 am

It'll just reinforce just how perfect rocket league is. I played a match and that was it. But it's ok because overwatch is still drymounting amazing. I fall in love with this game a little bit more every day.
Odess
Art Connoisseur

Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:31 am

ChrisV wrote:Man...someone talk me out of buying an Xbox One S...really tempted to dump my current Xbox for like $200, and upgrade.
Do you have a 4k TV? That's really the only reason to have one (other than it being gorgeous)

Here's my post from another forum:

I picked up a Xbone S yesterday. I own a 4k TV that does HDR. I've been holding off on getting a UHD Blu Ray player for this reason.

I know the general consensus on Gamestop and their trade in values. They had a "deal" going if you trade in your Xbone 500gb you get $150. Whatever. Ebay isn't much more. Then after fees and shipping, probably getting the same. (for that size Xbone anyway) So I got $150 for that. Then that same deal, they'd give you $100 for a Wii U. That's not a whole lot, but I've got my mileage out of that system. It's also dead, and I can't be drymounted to sell it on the internet. I had a drymount ton of extra accessories + games for it. The games since they're mostly all first party, rarely go down in price, so I was getting $35 for most of them. I had 6? games I think. I ended up walking out of the store with a Xbone S 2TB, resub to game informer (one of the last gaming mags left, I enjoy it) and $20 in store credit additional, because store credit voids sales tax.

I'm happy with my decision. Holy drymount do 4k HDR movies look incredible. Especially those (few) that are filmed and transferred as 4k. Jesus. The Revenant is the best looking movie I've ever seen. Wish I had an OLED, but I don't have that kinda money.

Also; praying to the based Lost Odyssey gods. I kept that game in case it ever got BC.
ChrisV
Art Expert

Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:55 am

Odess wrote:
Do you have a 4k TV? That's really the only reason to have one (other than it being gorgeous)

Here's my post from another forum:

I picked up a Xbone S yesterday. I own a 4k TV that does HDR. I've been holding off on getting a UHD Blu Ray player for this reason.

I know the general consensus on Gamestop and their trade in values. They had a "deal" going if you trade in your Xbone 500gb you get $150. Whatever. Ebay isn't much more. Then after fees and shipping, probably getting the same. (for that size Xbone anyway) So I got $150 for that. Then that same deal, they'd give you $100 for a Wii U. That's not a whole lot, but I've got my mileage out of that system. It's also dead, and I can't be drymounted to sell it on the internet. I had a drymount ton of extra accessories + games for it. The games since they're mostly all first party, rarely go down in price, so I was getting $35 for most of them. I had 6? games I think. I ended up walking out of the store with a Xbone S 2TB, resub to game informer (one of the last gaming mags left, I enjoy it) and $20 in store credit additional, because store credit voids sales tax.

I'm happy with my decision. Holy drymount do 4k HDR movies look incredible. Especially those (few) that are filmed and transferred as 4k. Jesus. The Revenant is the best looking movie I've ever seen. Wish I had an OLED, but I don't have that kinda money.

Also; praying to the based Lost Odyssey gods. I kept that game in case it ever got BC.
Yea. I have a 4k TV. Wouldn't even have been thinking about it if I didn't. I made the jump the One S earlier in the week. Bought a bunch of UltraHD Blu-Ray movies, and I'm loving it! Worth the upgrade. Sold my Xbox One for $170 to a buddy at work.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:27 pm

So No Mans Sky is out here, ill be picking it up after work.
Reviewers are saying its cool but a bit boring and mundane, but ill be the judge.
mobius006
Art Freak

Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:53 am

I enjoyed 6 hours of No Man's Sky last night. The loop for me is pretty cool. Few things I wish were different but overall I really enjoy it.

Pro tip. Always have enough fuel to get of a planet before touching down. I was on a pretty bad death rock last night. Super cold would kill me in 4 min, with a heat storm that would kill me in 2 min.. Water was safe until air supply would go down. Spent 30 min looking for fuel jumping between water and cold/heat.