USPS woes :(

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
LadyGanglia
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 24, 2016 9:23 am

kotopa4 wrote:No update in 24 days. Seller is cooperative but is it too soon to open a PayPal claim or would that make me a douche?

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmA ... 48706696NL

Noah0189
Art Expert

Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:28 pm

Alright guys. I need some help. I PB'ed a PEJAC "Wound" for a forum member and shipped it fully insured via USPS Priority. When it arrived, they had crushed the massive, thick tube it was in and completely drymounted the print up. I filed my insurance claim and they wanted to inspect the poster and packaging. I emailed them and said it's with the shippee and can they bring it in. He brought the tube to his USPS, inspected it and found that it was packed well and adequately and they collected the poster. I submitted this intake form that claimed they were at fault and that they had collected the poster along with pictures of the damage (with ruler to show how badly they mangled the print), original sales receipt, insurance form, PayPal invoice from me to PEJAC, PayPal invoice from my friend to me, average value according to Expressobeans, sold listings on eBay and a formal written letter explaining that they have my poster and my money and I need my money. They ducking denied my first appeal. I have one more chance to get my money back and they already have the poster. I don't know what else o can send to show these fucktards that they owe me money. Any tips? I am irate at this point.
acidburn wrote:...Was one of those bootleg Spidermans that looked like a luchador and showed my excuse for a bulge.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:39 pm

What was their reason for denial?
ImageT.K.C.
soam24
Art Freak

Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:38 pm

Those drymounters..

I signed a "sorry we missed you slip", they took it, didn't re-deliver and now the item is going back to japan. so mad. Anyone have a ## to call to actually speak with someone?!?

edit:: phone call this morning to the local postmaster and crisis fixed.
Last edited by soam24 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:39 pm

Noah0189 wrote:Alright guys. I need some help. I PB'ed a PEJAC "Wound" for a forum member and shipped it fully insured via USPS Priority. When it arrived, they had crushed the massive, thick tube it was in and completely drymounted the print up. I filed my insurance claim and they wanted to inspect the poster and packaging. I emailed them and said it's with the shippee and can they bring it in. He brought the tube to his USPS, inspected it and found that it was packed well and adequately and they collected the poster. I submitted this intake form that claimed they were at fault and that they had collected the poster along with pictures of the damage (with ruler to show how badly they mangled the print), original sales receipt, insurance form, PayPal invoice from me to PEJAC, PayPal invoice from my friend to me, average value according to Expressobeans, sold listings on eBay and a formal written letter explaining that they have my poster and my money and I need my money. They ducking denied my first appeal. I have one more chance to get my money back and they already have the poster. I don't know what else o can send to show these fucktards that they owe me money. Any tips? I am irate at this point.
have the addressee talk with the postmaster at the post office he left it at. give him a copy of the appeal denial letter. go from there. you arent going to get anything done over the phone or with their 800 number. if that gets you no where, go to their regional/manager.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
cotis
Art Expert

Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:34 am

did an online hold mail request while we were on vacation, also went to the post office to confirm it was received. I was to pick up the mail yesterday (first business day PO is open since I've returned).

returned Sunday after being gone for 10 days to find packages leaning all over the corners of the doors and under our walk-in mat at our complex. luckily nothing looks damaged but c'mon now...
Noah0189
Art Expert

Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:13 am

bryndavies wrote:What was their reason for denial?
The first time said they didn't have sufficient evidence of value, so I submitted literally everything I could think of that could show it's worth. They denied that. The denial said, " Upon further review of the claim and supporting documentation, the Postal Service has not changed the original decision to deny your claim." No further explanation. No recommendations on what else to submit, nothing. I'm never using USPS again. I'm submitting my final appeal via UPS as a big drymount you to them. Literally am not even going to send a letter via USPS. UGHHHHHHH.
acidburn wrote:...Was one of those bootleg Spidermans that looked like a luchador and showed my excuse for a bulge.
FroDawg
Art Expert

Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:18 am

Noah0189 wrote:
The first time said they didn't have sufficient evidence of value, so I submitted literally everything I could think of that could show it's worth. They denied that. The denial said, " Upon further review of the claim and supporting documentation, the Postal Service has not changed the original decision to deny your claim." No further explanation. No recommendations on what else to submit, nothing. I'm never using USPS again. I'm submitting my final appeal via UPS as a big drymount you to them. Literally am not even going to send a letter via USPS. UGHHHHHHH.
send a registered letter to the Postmaster at your local PO and ask for an in-person meeting. I had to do this once and the guy worked it out for me.
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
FroDawg
Art Expert

Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:20 am

cotis wrote:did an online hold mail request while we were on vacation, also went to the post office to confirm it was received. I was to pick up the mail yesterday (first business day PO is open since I've returned).

returned Sunday after being gone for 10 days to find packages leaning all over the corners of the doors and under our walk-in mat at our complex. luckily nothing looks damaged but c'mon now...
Exact same issue here with the same lucky outcome b/c they pushed all the tubes through the old cat door in the garage (per my permanent instructions). Apparently HOLD mail means only regular mail and not priority mail. In the future I'm having a neighborhood check it JIC a sub postal delivery person decides to lean a tube against the door. It is afternoon thunderstorm season in the ATL. scary fudge...
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
Kramerica
Art Freak

Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:57 am

Noah0189 wrote:
Did you sell the print for cost to the recipient but claim the insurance value as the aftermarket value for the print? That might be why you are getting denied. I think they usually will only cover you for whatever the recipient paid for the item. I am not sure on that though, just a thought.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
aldo
Art Expert

Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:27 pm

They're not going to give you aftermarket value for the print if you only insured the original cost. eBay and EB sales can be faked so I'm not sure why you think they'd be ok with that as proof. If that was the case then no one would ever insure the real value if they could just insure for $50 and claim that it's worth more.
Noah0189
Art Expert

Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:20 pm

Kramerica wrote:
Noah0189 wrote:
Did you sell the print for cost to the recipient but claim the insurance value as the aftermarket value for the print? That might be why you are getting denied. I think they usually will only cover you for whatever the recipient paid for the item. I am not sure on that though, just a thought.
Original cost was nearly $450, then $30 for priority fully insured shipping. He tossed me some money for a tip so I insured it for $550.. he paid me $525 [which I have a PayPal invoice for].

I'm only asking for postage and the value that I insured the poster at.
Noah0189
Art Expert

Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:22 pm

aldo wrote:They're not going to give you aftermarket value for the print if you only insured the original cost. eBay and EB sales can be faked so I'm not sure why you think they'd be ok with that as proof. If that was the case then no one would ever insure the real value if they could just insure for $50 and claim that it's worth more.
I threw the eBay sales and Expressobeans charts on there as further evidence that this print is in fact worth well over what I insured it for.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:47 pm

Noah0189 wrote:
Kramerica wrote:
Noah0189 wrote:
Original cost was nearly $450, then $30 for priority fully insured shipping. He tossed me some money for a tip so I insured it for $550.. he paid me $525 [which I have a PayPal invoice for].

I'm only asking for postage and the value that I insured the poster at.
That seems drymounted. I would recommend a phone call maybe. Paging halftone....
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
CHR1S
Art Expert

Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:46 pm

I sold a print for $600, purchased insurance, and shipped USPS Priority. When the buyer received the print the tube was completely crushed. Recouping the insurance from USPS took over a month of phone calls, and stress. And in the end they only paid the insurance. They would NOT refund the cost of shipping. You would think that since they failed to deliver the piece I would be entitled to a refund.