Art of Tomer Hanuka

General art-related discussion.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:08 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:
listerfeend wrote:
Kramerica wrote:I doubt they are signed.
He didn't sign any of the last ones I've bought through P&T.
That's kind of a bummer, I guess he never had them in hand even though they're his copies? Or he just has a thing about signing his prints? Are his smaller art print runs usually signed?
I don't think he ever gets them in hand. P&T is run by Mitch, who works for Mondo. So with him handling the AP sales, they'd have to send them to Tomer and back in order to get the prints signed. I thought Tomer lived in Europe also, though i could be wrong on that. It's the same kinda thing with Ken Taylor's APs that Mitch handles.
So it goes...
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:26 pm

mfaith wrote:
Diabolos80 wrote:
listerfeend wrote:
Kramerica wrote:I doubt they are signed.
He didn't sign any of the last ones I've bought through P&T.
That's kind of a bummer, I guess he never had them in hand even though they're his copies? Or he just has a thing about signing his prints? Are his smaller art print runs usually signed?
I don't think he ever gets them in hand. P&T is run by Mitch, who works for Mondo. So with him handling the AP sales, they'd have to send them to Tomer and back in order to get the prints signed. I thought Tomer lived in Europe also, though i could be wrong on that. It's the same kinda thing with Ken Taylor's APs that Mitch handles.
Thanks for the info. I didn't mean to sound accusatory (if I did). Just curious and kinda bummed, I like my Midnight Special and was hoping to get a signed copy.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:30 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:Thanks for the info. I didn't mean to sound accusatory (if I did). Just curious and kinda bummed, I like my Midnight Special and was hoping to get a signed copy.
It's all good dude. But yeah, it can get tough with some of these guys. One of the reasons when Laurent, or Martin Ansin, or Ken come to an event stateside like Mondo-Con, they'll get a ton of folks lined up to get stuff signed.
So it goes...
rubberneck
Art God

Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:42 pm

From Israel, lives in NYC.

Edit, looks like he's back in Israel

http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-1.599860
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:51 pm

Anyone buy these Battle Royales?
http://www.posterilluminati.com/collections/all

I know it was on a Battle Royale book before
toobs
Art Expert

Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:24 pm

waaaaattttttt!!!!!! score looks like Red vars are down to 2 and regs 25 ..... runs of 100 is nutz hype hype...but really tho if this was mondo people would cry if they missed out
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
FAMPart
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:42 pm

toobs wrote:waaaaattttttt!!!!!! score looks like Red vars are down to 2 and regs 25 ..... runs of 100 is nutz hype hype...but really tho if this was mondo people would cry if they missed out
true
Last edited by FAMPart on Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
toobs
Art Expert

Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:49 pm

i dont think people give 2 flying fcuks about a licences when it comes stout blade runner or thing....and those are mondo, so im missing the point, good art is good art
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:15 pm

Got my set of Star Wars prints in today, they look pretty good. The subtle metallic ink on both is a nice touch.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
matowest
Art Expert

Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:20 pm

Kramerica wrote:Got my set of Star Wars prints in today, they look pretty good. The subtle metallic ink on both is a nice touch.
TH does metallics like few can
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:57 am

So it goes...
robertozanzi
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:31 am

Edition of 80 sold out. Now an AP edition of 20 is available.
theghost206
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:07 am

robertozanzi wrote:Edition of 80 sold out. Now an AP edition of 20 is available.
I got an AP. I know what an AP is but haven't a clue why they would be more or less valuable. My assumption would be more valuable due to limited quantities and potential differences. Obviously (in this case) the regular editions are more sought out. Love his work just the same.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:17 am

So he is selling these himself and yet the AP run is 25% of the first edition? Why not just say it's edition of 100 and call it a day? Seems intentionally misleading.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:19 am

theghost206 wrote:Obviously (in this case) the regular editions are more sought out.
I don't think that's true. I'd say reg and ap are about equal in this case. There isn't really a hard and fast rule as to whether an AP is more or less desirable. Each artist handles APs differently. For gigposters and many times movie prints where the show/1st edition print isn't signed, but the AP/AE prints are signed, those tend to be more sought after. Since Tomer's handling both the main addition and the AP edition himself, then I'd say they're about equivalent. Only reason main edition sold out first was because he didn't put the AP edition up until later.
Kramerica wrote:So he is selling these himself and yet the AP run is 25% of the first edition? Why not just say it's edition of 100 and call it a day? Seems intentionally misleading.
I kind of agree with this. If the AP run was half what it was, I'd say it's fair to leave it as AP.
So it goes...