Horkey/Dead Arts Rumors and News

General art-related discussion.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:16 pm

The eyeball is throwin it all off for me. Still cool though.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
Baker
Art Expert

Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:23 pm

UrsusMorris wrote:The eyeball is throwin it all off for me. Still cool though.
Well, knowing Corey, he loves old school/psychedelic posters from the 60s/70s. Eyeball is a nice throwback to the Griffin flying eye.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
Kramerica
Art Freak

Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:23 pm

35mmpaul wrote:oh! I got it.

My wife would never let me frame that.

#antihype
Still wrong. That's after you bought it and want to disguise the fact you bought it to flip.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
blingaling
Art Expert

Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:32 pm

Love that eyeball. Would look great on the same wall as Bloodbath.
ImageImageImageImage
fourthstooge
Art Expert

Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:36 pm

It's from a pretty dark poem that's also an old folk song in Scotland. My wife went to graduate school in Glasgow and had a teacher who was big on local writers and hammered the students over the head with it. For some reason, she really liked Twa Corbies (Two Crows).

Here's a link to the poem in archaic Scots and a modern English translation.

http://www.twocrows.co.uk/twa_corbies.html

My wife has the Arthur Rackham painting for this poem on her cell phone cover and has crow and raven stuff all over the house. I approached Aaron almost two years ago about doing something for our 15th Anniversary. I presented the ink drawing to her on March 31st and it is hanging in our living room. I think I'm going to get other artists to do their take on the poem for future projects, too!

Read the poem and the eye makes sense. It's pretty dark but it's crazy cool and my wife loves it.
Last edited by fourthstooge on Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I used to be a collector...now I'm a hoarder.
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:39 pm

The crow is part of FF logo too...

per Bladerunner:
these little gems will be available at our 7th anniversary celebration tonight at Furthur Frames for $35 while supplies last (in person purchase only, no phone orders and one per person). We also will have several cases of beer to go through and about 15 new pieces popping up on the wall as well. Stop by between 6 and 10 tonight! No pre sales on this piece. See you tonight!
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
bigmclargehuge1
Art Expert

Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:42 pm

found on facebook
13339651_10206857279492360_1939241145391436594_n.jpg
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:44 pm

fourthstooge wrote:
It's from a pretty dark poem that's also an old folk song in Scotland. My wife went to graduate school in Glasgow and had a teacher who was big on local writers and hammered the students over the head with it. For some reason, she really liked Twa Corbies (Two Crows).

Here's a link to the poem in archaic Scots and a modern English translation.

http://www.twocrows.co.uk/twa_corbies.html

My wife has the Arthur Rackham painting for this poem on her cell phone cover and has crow and raven stuff all over the house. I approached Aaron almost two years ago about doing something for our 15th Anniversary. I presented the ink drawing to her on March 15th and it is hanging in our living room. I think I'm going to get other artists to do their take on the poem for future projects, too!

Read the poem and the eye makes sense. It's pretty dark but it's crazy cool and my wife loves it.
Ok then, it all makes sense now. The eyeball in fact does belong lol :pint:
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
fourthstooge
Art Expert

Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:22 pm

So, the word is $35 each, limit 1 but I don't know the run size.
I used to be a collector...now I'm a hoarder.
peacedog
Art Expert

Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:51 pm

fourth stooge wrote:So, the word is $35 each, limit 1 but I don't know the run size.
Edition of 250. Printed on French Kraft. They are quite nice in the flesh...
Baker
Art Expert

Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:54 pm

The $35 includes tax also, so should keep the payment nice and simple with just cash money.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
simianfever
Art Expert

Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:56 pm

Given the sweet price point and relatively small size, the smart move for you lucky Denver heads would be to pick up the print then leave it with Corey and team for some stellar framing.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:00 pm

pretty dope print! The closeups are insane, how the drymount is it so perfectly printed?!
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:13 pm

simianfever wrote:Given the sweet price point and relatively small size, the smart move for you lucky Denver heads would be to pick up the print then leave it with Corey and team for some stellar framing.
I think this should have only been sold as a framed edition through furthur!
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
jlabbate
Art Freak

Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:16 pm

greenhorn1 wrote:
simianfever wrote:Given the sweet price point and relatively small size, the smart move for you lucky Denver heads would be to pick up the print then leave it with Corey and team for some stellar framing.
I think this should have only been sold as a framed edition through furthur!
:clap: