Alien 16 Shaw

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:36 pm

Codeblue wrote:Speaking of Ninth Circle, first flippable IJ since pre-Mondo?
Special price just for you, pm for deets....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
ClaytonHopper
Art Expert

Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:06 pm

Codeblue wrote:Speaking of Ninth Circle, first flippable IJ since pre-Mondo?
The Last of Moss Collab did well. Not this well... Probably the most expensive Shaw ever.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:11 pm

Dat Moss factor doe.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
jcbudny
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:07 pm

iambillyg wrote:
thekharmainitiative wrote:I'm confused. Is the print backlit in that photo? Where's the light source?

What does it look like without the backlighting?
There was a standing lamp behind the person holding the print. I edited it out when cleaning up the shot.

This was done to show the effect of the stock the art is printed on.
Billy,

What does this look like without the backlight? Framing this with a backlight will be a chore (and expensive). Unless of course you can just make a big ass 18x24 window decal out of it...
THC x 3
hunterjax
Art Expert

Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:09 pm

jcbudny wrote:
iambillyg wrote:
thekharmainitiative wrote:I'm confused. Is the print backlit in that photo? Where's the light source?

What does it look like without the backlighting?
There was a standing lamp behind the person holding the print. I edited it out when cleaning up the shot.

This was done to show the effect of the stock the art is printed on.
Billy,

What does this look like without the backlight? Framing this with a backlight will be a chore (and expensive). Unless of course you can just make a big ass 18x24 window decal out of it...
had one carted and let it go because of exactly this reason . . .
fitz
Art Expert

Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:22 pm

clandestinex wrote:Really sad to see these already going for $500 - ugh, I can only hope Jay hooks us 9th Circle members up. :roll:
are they actually selling though or is it the usual thing of people buying crazy priced BINs and then not paying?
keefdotorg
Art Expert

Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:26 pm

I am sad that this was so hard to get and that I did not get it.
iambillyg
Art Freak

Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:27 pm

jcbudny wrote:Billy,

Without a light source behind it, it appears a bit white. If you framed it with a white piece of foam core, it would appear as though the image had been printed on a white stock. If you framed it with a piece of black foam core, the image still appear as though it had been printed on a white stock, but it'd be a bit darker.

It's not as though it's fully transparent where the white parts are actually clear, like a window. It's sort of 'milky'? Sorry I can't show what I mean. I didn't take detail shots of it, as I was told they had already been taken.

But yeah, unless you're mounting this on a light box, or shipping it to Framing Devil to do some of his more involved work, the effect will be a bit lost.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:31 pm

I'm telling myself Im not too bummed about missing it cuz of display limitations and the "my kids poop their pants every time they see it" factor. But no, it's badass and I want it. I hope we see some worthy frames.
lujborg
Art Expert

Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:34 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:I'm telling myself Im not too bummed about missing it cuz of display limitations and the "my kids poop their pants every time they see it" factor. But no, it's badass and I want it. I hope we see some worthy frames.

1. sell something off that you don't want as bad.
2. use proceeds to purchase print you want more than the one from number 1.
3. kids begin pooping pants (again?)
I'm here for the oil palm breeding (international society member, since 2003)
bert
Art Expert

Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:36 pm

Although it would obviously lose a lot of the appeal of the concept, if they did a run on normal white paper too, I'd probably be in for one. Cool design.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:38 pm

lujborg wrote:
Diabolos80 wrote:I'm telling myself Im not too bummed about missing it cuz of display limitations and the "my kids poop their pants every time they see it" factor. But no, it's badass and I want it. I hope we see some worthy frames.

With the ebay prices right now, plus a fancy lit frame, I'd have to sell many somethings. Annnnd I'd have to buy new pants for the kids. I'll stick with the Englert variant I scored today. That might be my only 4/26 purchase cuz I'm not too thrilled with LD's...
apschmid
Art Enthusiast

Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:24 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:
lujborg wrote:

With the ebay prices right now, plus a fancy lit frame, I'd have to sell many somethings. Annnnd I'd have to buy new pants for the kids. I'll stick with the Englert variant I scored today. That might be my only 4/26 purchase cuz I'm not too thrilled with LD's...

You can make a decent light box for about $50. EMEK shows you how...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZEum5fqRNc
Jasper73
Art Expert

Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:33 pm

Should make a lampshade varient.
ImageT.K.C.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:35 pm

apschmid wrote:You can make a decent light box for about $50. EMEK shows you how...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZEum5fqRNc
:clap: Easy peasy, and funny to boot.