Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
luderico
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:20 pm

If i would just buy gig posters from gigs i attended i would have zero gig prints.
Drymount iam just happy if the band i like brings out a poster, wherever the drymount they tour.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:27 pm

rubberneck wrote:
BangElDesh wrote:
MonteAlderaan wrote:
BangElDesh wrote:It's like hanging concert prints for concerts you weren't at. Lame.
:eh:
You'll understand when someone comes over, compliments your print & then asks you how the concert was.
Most respond like an adult who is not insecure and trying to impress others with fictional stories and inform them you love the art irrespective of the event.

Superficial friends are really not worth the effort and your comment is very telling.
For us at least, we'd say "Well when was the last time you saw a cool poster for a houston gig?" Seems like they don't happen nearly as often as everywhere else. Wasn't the last good one a Kozik from like 1993?
charter
Art Expert

Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:49 pm

binky79 wrote:Wut? Alt fail?
Lol
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:53 pm

Buckhammer wrote:
BangElDesh wrote:
BangElDesh wrote:
ArchibaldTuttle wrote:2817 is what I saw for the final count.
Gonna be a lot of bummed people when they get around to watching the movie.
I seriously doubt that. It's a great print but how many great prints do you have hung for movies you don't really care for? It's like hanging concert prints for concerts you weren't at. Lame.
As soon as QT releases another good movie or too, this film is going to be forgotten about IMO. I also think that if someone else directed this movie, both the reviews & it's overall reception would have been far less forgiving.
I may just be bitter though. The last 45 minutes of Django & this entire movie were huge boner killers for me. It's a trend I'm not likin'!
:fight: :rolling:
BangElDesh
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:28 pm

rubberneck wrote:
BangElDesh wrote:
MonteAlderaan wrote:
BangElDesh wrote:It's like hanging concert prints for concerts you weren't at. Lame.
You'll understand when someone comes over, compliments your print & then asks you how the concert was.
Most respond like an adult who is not insecure and trying to impress others with fictional stories and inform them you love the art irrespective of the event.

Superficial friends are really not worth the effort and your comment is very telling.
Whoa there buddy, thanks for the free life lesson.
Seriously though, I didn't know that someone is a superficial friend if they ask you about the concert of a print you have on your wall. I thought maybe they were just curious. Whoopsy!
Not one to tell fictional stories, I feel I'm pretty consistent. I wouldn't walk around with a festival shirt on I didn't attend or wear an ICP shirt because I liked the art. You must be a way more secure adult than I am.
finneganm
Art Freak

Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:32 pm

It sounds like he is.
That's what she said
BangElDesh
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:35 pm

finneganm wrote:It sounds like he is.
Probably. I do have an avatar of a guy farting a gigantic flame. My level of maturity should be pretty obvious.
rubberneck
Art God

Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:41 pm

Whole lotta character judgment over gig attendance and related merch. Were you left at a concert as a baby?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
finneganm
Art Freak

Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:47 pm

Dad?
That's what she said
jkw3000
EB Team

Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:56 pm

Still out getting a pack of smokes.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
BangElDesh
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:01 pm

rubberneck wrote:Whole lotta character judgment over gig attendance and related merch. Were you left at a concert as a baby?
Imagine Joe Dirt having been ditched at Woodstock instead of the Grand Canyon and you'll have the right idea.
NEWPORTS69
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:38 pm

whateva happened to circlexcomplete?
bubbie
Art Expert

Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:44 pm

Working on a new nanosecond page monitor?
frieddumpling
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:56 pm

BangElDesh wrote:
MonteAlderaan wrote:
Yeah that seems like a pretty easy question to answer if youre not dumb. That thought process is a great way to miss out on some cool pieces.
MonteAlderaan
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:58 pm

BangElDesh wrote:Seriously though, I didn't know that someone is a superficial friend if they ask you about the concert of a print you have on your wall. I thought maybe they were just curious. Whoopsy!