Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:43 pm

lol anyway 2800 is a fudge ton of prints. I hope D&L puts on a strong game face. It would really suck it this showed up with errors.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:45 pm

So he is angry at himself?
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
Buckhammer
Art Expert

Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:47 pm

BangElDesh wrote:
BangElDesh wrote:
ArchibaldTuttle wrote:2817 is what I saw for the final count.
Gonna be a lot of bummed people when they get around to watching the movie.
I seriously doubt that. It's a great print but how many great prints do you have hung for movies you don't really care for? It's like hanging concert prints for concerts you weren't at. Lame.
As soon as QT releases another good movie or too, this film is going to be forgotten about IMO. I also think that if someone else directed this movie, both the reviews & it's overall reception would have been far less forgiving.
I may just be bitter though. The last 45 minutes of Django & this entire movie were huge boner killers for me. It's a trend I'm not likin'!
RobJones wrote:Billy, how Everest was I last night?
BangElDesh
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:10 pm

I didn't understand what you guys meant when you said I was arguing with myself then I realized I hit quote on my own post instead of the one above it.
I'm not an alt. I fail hard enough with one user name thank you.
finneganm
Art Freak

Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:15 pm

Oh, don't quote me. I hardly ever know what I'm talking about.
That's what she said
bapaik
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:26 pm

BangElDesh wrote:I didn't understand what you guys meant when you said I was arguing with myself then I realized I hit quote on my own post instead of the one above it.
I'm not an alt. I fail hard enough with one user name thank you.
Hahaha, this makes way, way more sense. Simple mistake!
kember
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:28 pm

It'll be easy to pick up on the secondary, cheapest on eBay is already $100, which isn't a ridiculous chunk more than cost, it's likely split 3 ways, folks that bought to flip because it's Mondo and they have tunnel vision, folks that bought to be in the sketch lottery and will trade or ditch at cost, and folks that genuinely love the movie/poster.
BangElDesh
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:32 pm

kember wrote:It'll be easy to pick up on the secondary, cheapest on eBay is already $100, which isn't a ridiculous chunk more than cost, it's likely split 3 ways, folks that bought to flip because it's Mondo and they have tunnel vision, folks that bought to be in the sketch lottery and will trade or ditch at cost, and folks that genuinely love the movie/poster.
That's a coherent version of what I was trying to say earlier.
bapaik
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:34 pm

This is one of those prints where I'm not over the moon about the movie (did enjoy it), but am getting solely for the art. I don't feel I need a H8 poster, but this is just something else.
MonteAlderaan
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:35 pm

BangElDesh wrote:It's like hanging concert prints for concerts you weren't at. Lame.
:eh:
rubberneck
Art God

Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:36 pm

Mondo thread serves it's function as usual...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
BangElDesh
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:44 pm

MonteAlderaan wrote:
BangElDesh wrote:It's like hanging concert prints for concerts you weren't at. Lame.
You'll understand when someone comes over, compliments your print & then asks you how the concert was.
Celsius
Flipper

Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:46 pm

BangElDesh wrote:
MonteAlderaan wrote:
You'll understand when someone comes over, compliments your print & then asks you how the concert was.
Make it up.
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

https://plushart.club
rubberneck
Art God

Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:52 pm

BangElDesh wrote:
MonteAlderaan wrote:
Most respond like an adult who is not insecure and trying to impress others with fictional stories and inform them you love the art irrespective of the event.

Superficial friends are really not worth the effort and your comment is very telling.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
cardhawks
Art Expert

Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:56 pm

rubberneck wrote:
BangElDesh wrote:
MonteAlderaan wrote:
Most respond like an adult who is not insecure and trying to impress others with fictional stories and inform them you love the art irrespective of the event.

Superficial friends are really not worth the effort and your comment is very telling.
also I'd like to add that i frame posters that I like regardless of whatever my visitors think