The Hateful Eight 16 Edmiston

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:08 pm

1. Django
2. Basterds
3. Bill
4. Pulp
5. Jackie
6. Dogs
7. H8
8. Dodge Challenger
Mocktm
Art Enthusiast

Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:15 pm

I'll play. I didn't love Hateful Eight. Thought it had some fat that needed to be trimmed. That said, having a really hard time not buying print...

1. Pulp Fiction
2. Reservoir Dogs
3. Inglorious Basterds
4. Kill Bill Vol. 1
5. Kill Bill Vol. 2
6. Django Unchained
7. Jackie Brown
8. Hateful Eight
9. Death Proof
SCREENS N SUDS STORE - BUY SOME ART, HELP AN AWESOME CAUSE!!
http://screensnsuds.storenvy.com/
fantasticninja
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:17 pm

Lol, people splitting up Kill Bill into two films and deciding which one is "better". Just stop...stop..it's one film, so judge it as such. You don't judge half a movie, and I'm wondering why people really are when it IS one movie.

But, I've never been able to rate his movies. They're all equal because they offer something different in each IMO and they're all 10 when I'm watching them. Well, nvm..Django Unchained is a 9 because it's missing over an hour of content and cuts characterization of King. Also a few sloppy cuts, especially where it cuts to "his name is King" showing Django in his new garbs.
irishlastname
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:48 pm

fantasticninja wrote:Lol, people splitting up Kill Bill into two films and deciding which one is "better". Just stop...stop..it's one film, so judge it as such. You don't judge half a movie, and I'm wondering why people really are when it IS one movie.

But, I've never been able to rate his movies. They're all equal because they offer something different in each IMO and they're all 10 when I'm watching them. Well, nvm..Django Unchained is a 9 because it's missing over an hour of content and cuts characterization of King. Also a few sloppy cuts, especially where it cuts to "his name is King" showing Django in his new garbs.
"Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair" is one movie. Volume One was released in October and Volume Two was released the following April. Two movies. Doesn't matter if he wanted it to be one movie, it wasn't released as such except in a super limited release.
binky79
Art Expert

Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:04 pm

1. Django Unchained
2. Inglorious Basterds
3. Hateful Eight
4. Death Proof
5. Kill Bill
6. Reservoir Dogs
7. Pulp Fiction
8. Jackie Brown
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:16 pm

yeah. its two movies.

Back to the Future Pt. 2 and Back to the Future Pt. 3 are separate movies. As are Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions even though they tell the one story.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:24 pm

I like Quentin Tarantino movies.

Also puppies. And kittens.

And lamp. I love lamp.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
BangElDesh
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:25 pm

Since a loophole was discovered in my buffet analogy, I'll try another.
If I went on a vacation to China & didn't like it, I wouldn't continue to go to China over & over again until I enjoy having vacations in China. Much like watching movies, there are a huge number of countries to visit. So why continue to visit the same one with the hopes that your opinion of it will change? Life is short. My time is valuable. I don't know about yours.
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:29 pm

BangElDesh wrote:Since a loophole was discovered in my buffet analogy, I'll try another.
If I went on a vacation to China & didn't like it, I wouldn't continue to go to China over & over again until I enjoy having vacations in China. Much like watching movies, there are a huge number of countries to visit. So why continue to visit the same one with the hopes that your opinion of it will change? Life is short. My time is valuable. I don't know about yours.
I dunno, considering China isn't inherently static - like, it's a country and capable of changing and evolving culturally - you probably could enjoy it on a later trip. Like seeing a movie you didn't like as a child and realizing it can speak to you in a different way as an adult. Your point's still valid though, life is short, if you want to roll with something based on initial feelings and move on because you value your time that way then cool.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:37 pm

BangElDesh wrote:Since a loophole was discovered in my buffet analogy, I'll try another.
Because its a big ass country with infinite possibilities of experiences and memories. And you might meet someone in the billions of people that are there that could change your life and your perspective on a country where you may have not had the best experience.
whiskaz
Art Expert

Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:44 pm

Jackie Brown was and remains underrated, imo. It came out after the hugely popular Pulp Fiction and I think everyone expected PF2. I can count the number of movies I've gone to see multiple times in the theater on one hand (Jackie Brown and No Country for Old Men and... I think that's it). The soundtrack is one of my favorites from QT also.

1) Jackie Brown
2) Inglorious Basterds
3) Reservoir Dogs
4) Kill Bill Vol 1
5) Death Proof
6) Django Unchained
7) Kill Bill Vol 2
8. Pulp Fiction
9) Hateful Eight
Last edited by whiskaz on Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:45 pm

is my loophole big enough for ya?
rubberneck
Art God

Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:47 pm

Jackie Brown is the one movie I totally reversed my opinion on since theatrical release.

I adored Reservoir Dogs for its novel structure around the heist, Pulp Fiction raised this bar with its inverted chronology and incredible sidebar for characterization.

I expected next level dramatics and fireworks with JB and instead got a mature slow burn film with great acting and dialog, which I totally missed on a first viewing. Now I consider it one of his top three, less showy than his following films and with a sense of confidence in how it's plot plays out.

I agree gut reaction rarely changes on most films, this was the exception for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
BangElDesh
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:50 pm

35mmpaul wrote:is my loophole big enough for ya?
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:51 pm

daw kitten.