My guilty pleasure - WWE

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
Creation88
Art Expert

Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:18 am

went to AXXESS yesterday. bolted straight to Sasha Banks' line but there was no way i was going to make it to meet her. went to the NXT ring and luckily they were filming tapings like the Wrestling Observer said. saw every single person on the roster perform except Balor. it was awesome. plus i got to see Nakamura twice more! :clap:
FS: BTTF II variant
tenaciousjack
Art Expert

Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:51 am

Anybody interested in one of these? :pint:
FreeTheWestMemphis3
Art Expert

Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:00 pm

Prediction time for tonight

Kickoff Show:

Natalya, Paige, Alicia Fox, Brie Bella and Eva Marie def Lana, Tamina Snuka, Naomi, Emma and Summer Rae

The Dudley Boyz def The Usos

Ryback def Kalisto

Andre The Giant Battle Royal winner Mark Henry

AJ Styles def Chris Jericho

New Day def League of Nations

Charlotte def Sasha Banks & Becky Lynch

Zack Ryder wins the Intercontinental Championship

Brock Lesnar def Dean Ambrose

Shane McMahon def The Undertaker (Mean Street Posse time!)

Roman Reigns def HHH
ErocAfellar wrote:Repubs don't want to cut government spending. They just want to cut government spending on things they don't agree with.
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:35 pm

Good God, Shane!
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:53 pm

That was so awful. Funny the McMahon kids had the two biggest spots of the whole show. Most random nonsensical bullshit I ever remember seeing all piled together.
TheBeard
Art Expert

Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:33 am

Yeah, that was a very underwhelming WM

Here are my personal pros:
- Baron Corbin winning a surprisingly entertaining ATGBR. DDP, Tatanka and Shaq made it a fun match and they made the most logical booking choice in having a younger guy win. I wonder if he's main roster now.
- HIAC wasn't the best HIAC but my god for two guys who have no reason to wrestle they sure as fudge left it out there. Shane more so than Taker but he deserves his props as well. Shane is insane for that bump but he got yet another WM moment under his belt.
- Woman's triple threat match was awesome. Sasha took so many ridiculous bumps and Charlotte's Moonsault was picture perfect. I'm glad Charlotte won and I anticipate many solid matches between those three and Bayley in the future.
- The IC ladder match was fun. Glad Zack got a win but dunno if he was the right choice.

Now for the bad:
- that HHH Roman match went exactly as everyone predicted and it ain't pretty. Why book it last, hell why even book it that way at all? Did they honestly think it was going to end with him being cheered? If we can all figure it out for free why can't the handsomely paid creative staff? It's only gonna get uglier tomorrow
- The Dean/Brock match was very underwhelming. Exacted so much more
- I liked AJ/Y2J but something just felt off about their chemistry
- The legends run ins. A lot of people liked em but considering the pre show and the overrun of 45 minutes this was a 7 hour event. And why bring John Cena out right before you bring NEW John Cena out? Two reminders that the WWE is still stuck in this mentality that they can force anyone down our throats... or think they can.
- Every else blew
Woodrocket podcast - http://itun.es/us/8lNFJ.c
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:37 am

I know it was mostly bullshit, but I have to say the whole Conan the king destroyer was, IMO the best time of the game. Glad to see some of it come back. Too bad he had to loose clean to captain cant be heel... He could do well if he just uses the hate and become one of those love to hat champs.

I am the same age as Shano mac and i would have died right then on the spot. coming off the top.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
DaleCooper
Art Expert

Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:44 am

That was drymounting garbage. Cmon WWE, put in some effort.
AliRock110
Art Expert

Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:09 am

When 100,000 people rain down unrelenting boos on your baby face champion, it's not a good night. Worst mania in a while. The performers busted their tails to put on a great show, but it went on far to long and creative for the WWE is tone deaf and out of touch with the fans. Will watch RAW tonight but I think it's just gonna be more of the same.
Last edited by AliRock110 on Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:17 am

Ya very so so mania, I turned off the main event.
rmoore wrote:Can't trust someone that doesn't like Jurassic Park...
cotis
Art Expert

Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:19 am

tenaciousjack wrote:Anybody interested in one of these? :pint:
danggggg dibs.
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:23 am

I'm not going to break down the whole card, but the two biggest takeaways I had were both involve the HIAC match.

In a weird way, I thought that the Shane/Taker match made the Brock/Ambrose match worse. It felt like they wanted to save all of the crazy spots and violent beatings for the cell, but by doing that, Shane got what I thought would be the Ambrose booking (sacrifice your body, take a beating, give it your all, but come up short). Either way, I was very impressed by Shane O'Mac, but disappointed by the Lesnar match, which I thought had the potential to be great.

I feel like the safest bets of WM was that HHH would have an over the top entrance and that RR would win. We hoped it would be different and thought maybe he'd turn heel or someone would interfere, but deep down, I think we knew it would happen. Since they insisted on putting RR over even though they knew he'd be showered in boo's, why not have it earlier in the show? I feel like if this match went on 3rd to last (keep the battle royal and whatever that Rock/Wyatt/Cena thing was as your popcorn match) and have the HIAC match close the show, it would have left people with a better taste in their mouth.
cotis
Art Expert

Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:48 am

reports of drowned out boos by turning the mics down and pumping in random crowd noise.

:roll:

your new WWE champ.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:02 am

cotis wrote:reports of drowned out boos by turning the mics down and pumping in random crowd noise.
some weak ass fudge if true
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
AliRock110
Art Expert

Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:08 am

You could hear a change in volume as soon as Roman came out. Still couldn't drown out the fact that 100,000 paying customers soundly rejected Roman as the champ. Feel bad for the dude cause he puts in the work and tries real hard to get over. He's just not ready yet and more important the fans are not ready to accept him.