Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
followmefilms
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:12 pm

I was late to the game today, but checked back every 10 minutes or so to try and snag one of those Waking Life prints stuck in carts. And, then there it was. One of the last ones I think. Score one for patience and persistence today :pint:
glenn1
Art Expert

Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:14 pm

SnakeEyes75 wrote:Man, I was sort of let down by the Dazed print by Flames - I was hoping for something - more. I guess the waiting for the perfect Dazed print continues..
I think the Kozik is near perfect, even if it is hard to get. The Sperry doesn't seem to be well loved, but I have it and really like it. I'll probably go after the Dan Black one too.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:15 pm

circlexcomplete wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:
Dat tong dark knight rises doe

Are ya 5/5?
EDIT: WHO CARES

What did ya edit? No need to do that.

Someone pointed out the fact that the Dan black looks just like tongs TDKR. I can't Unsee it. It does looks good though. The entire show was really good IMO.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:34 pm

I'm overslept (a lot) and missed everything. Damn spring break.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:41 pm

glenn1 wrote:
SnakeEyes75 wrote:Man, I was sort of let down by the Dazed print by Flames - I was hoping for something - more. I guess the waiting for the perfect Dazed print continues..
I think the Kozik is near perfect, even if it is hard to get. The Sperry doesn't seem to be well loved, but I have it and really like it. I'll probably go after the Dan Black one too.
Grabbed the Flames 'Dazed' print and love the colors. Personal favorite is the Welker... either the reg. ed. or the foil ed. Hope to grab the Moontower as well :pint:

Edit... and yeah, the Kozik is aces, just tough to find and spendy at this point.
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
circlexcomplete
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:53 pm

LiamNeeson wrote:
circlexcomplete wrote:Except that setting is not instrumental to the film aside from the fact that they hang out there, everyone goes to the moon tower, not everyone hangs out at the pool hall.
To each their own, let me know if you need any tips and/or tricks on scoring one.
LOL kay
pleasediedistro
circlexcomplete
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:54 pm

glenn1 wrote:
The kozik is also so nice love that one
pleasediedistro
ChrisV
Art Expert

Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:07 pm

Already got a shipping notification on the Flames.
Alright alright alright.
LiamNeeson
Art Enthusiast

Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:42 pm

Surprised to see the Before trilogy set sell out with that typo :oops:
bapaik
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:46 pm

LiamNeeson wrote:Surprised to see the Before trilogy set sell out with that typo :oops:
Agreed, it's the kind of thing that would drive me crazy to walk by and notice.
NEWPORTS69
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:56 pm

ChrisV wrote:Already got a shipping notification on the Flames.
Alright alright alright.
weshallallbe
Art Expert

Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:10 pm

Just got shipping confirmation got WBYK's Slacker. I know these were already printed for the gallery show but Mondo has really been spoiling me with their fulfillment times for the last month.
foulmouthedruffian
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:23 pm

Mmm, yessss, got that sweet BttF III vinyl in hand.

Peeps were already lined up for the upcoming show on Friday. Some have been there since Sunday. One had a suitcase. Good luck, crazies. You guys are gonna get cool stuff, but you're still goddamn crazy.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
ajmmck
Art Expert

Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:26 pm

foulmouthedruffian wrote:Mmm, yessss, got that sweet BttF III vinyl in hand.

Peeps were already lined up for the upcoming show on Friday. Some have been there since Sunday. One had a suitcase. Good luck, crazies. You guys are gonna get cool stuff, but you're still goddamn crazy.
Any one cracked open their suitcases yet?

cotis
Art Expert

Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:31 am

http://www.theverge.com/2016/3/16/11242 ... ew-posters

Mondo has announced that it is teaming up with ACME Archives to create a new series of posters based on both the Indiana Jones and Star Wars franchises. The partnership is kicking off with the first new poster, a profile of Luke Skywalker from artist Mike Mitchell, titled simply "Red Five." It goes on sale tomorrow, March 17th, at 1PM ET / 10AM PT, and rather than Mondo's usual blink-and-it's-gone selling system, this one will be available for a full 72 hours.