Spusta Studio Store update

General art-related discussion.
dasher12
Art Expert

Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:00 pm

Kinda disappointed in the fact that the full size was IMH. I feel out of those 9 there are several that are much stringer images. I didn't get one but recently I haven't scored a single drop of his anyways.
weshallallbe
Art Expert

Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:02 pm

dasher12 wrote:Kinda disappointed in the fact that the full size was IMH. I feel out of those 9 there are several that are much stringer images. I didn't get one but recently I haven't scored a single drop of his anyways.

It was absolutely last place out of the nine for me. Hoping they all get bigger treatment soon...3 of them I'd be really excited for.
danielpmcauliffe
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:28 pm

weshallallbe wrote:
dasher12 wrote:Kinda disappointed in the fact that the full size was IMH. I feel out of those 9 there are several that are much stringer images. I didn't get one but recently I haven't scored a single drop of his anyways.

It was absolutely last place out of the nine for me. Hoping they all get bigger treatment soon...3 of them I'd be really excited for.
Which 3? Personally I'd love to see Patiently Perched, Bask Boost, and Line in the Water, and Flutter Friend.
FroDawg
Art Expert

Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:46 pm

danielpmcauliffe wrote:
weshallallbe wrote:

Which 3? Personally I'd love to see Patiently Perched, Bask Boost, and Line in the Water, and Flutter Friend.
As a fly fisher I was hoping, still am, for Line in the Water. That'd be a wall hanger for me. :D

But I like IMH!
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:26 pm

danielpmcauliffe wrote:
stuckeyc wrote:heres an idea, wait to put in it the database until you have it or atleast the info
Wow, someone's in a shitty mood. Just trying to help out. And I don't even own the print, so it's not about me flipping it. I use ebeans, and try to add art whenever I can. Is that such a terrible thing? You really are trying hard to be a total asshole. Since when was helping a thing to be demonized?
Settle down Alice, I was just making a practical suggestion. Rather than putting info in piecemeal wait until you have the basic info instead of guessing. You are on here enough that waiting to submit COMPLETE info (which you will likely have in less than a day anyhow) seems to be smarter, more efficient and less prone to errors than putting some info in and then submitting corrections (or forgetting about it) down the line. I was actually in a great mood today and wasnt trying hard to be an asshole at all. I am from NY so it comes naturally.
squalie
Art Expert

Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:38 pm

weshallallbe wrote:

It was #1 for me :pint:
DuoSonic
Art Expert

Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:13 am

Patiently perched is the one I'd like to see printed, too. But it was a fun way for him to do the sale.

I'm still head over heels in love with his Pepperland print. I'm hoping I can get an amazing framing job at some point and I'm going to be patient until I can. I generally like his original creations, but this thing hits on one of my favorite licenses and is just so perfect. I think it's a steal for its going price right now.
Last edited by DuoSonic on Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:16 am

DuoSonic wrote:Patiently perched is the one I'd like to see printed, too. But it was a fun way for him to do the sale.

That one seemed to be the most popular choice. The demand is clearly there so maybe that gets the FS treatment soon
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
binky79
Art Expert

Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:28 am

I would have voted A Line in the Water. One of my favorite 5x5s
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:46 am

I hope that Perched is on the list somewhere. But A Line in the Water is hopefully just above that on that list :lol:
DuoSonic wrote:But it was a fun way for him to do the sale.
And I am not sure what the drymount people are bitching about (not so much here, thankfully). The guy is as fair as it gets, IMO. I mean he does lotteries/"games", announced drops, "surprise" drops, even a late night drop once in a while, which practically no one in the Western hemisphere does. No doubt, I certainly have my preferences, but I will definitely not be talking about what's fair and what's not (lotteries suck, give me more night/unannounced drops :lol:).
danielpmcauliffe
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:07 am

bubbie wrote:I hope that Perched is on the list somewhere. But A Line in the Water is hopefully just above that on that list :lol:
And I am not sure what the drymount people are bitching about (not so much here, thankfully). The guy is as fair as it gets, IMO. I mean he does lotteries/"games", announced drops, "surprise" drops, even a late night drop once in a while, which practically no one in the Western hemisphere does. No doubt, I certainly have my preferences, but I will definitely not be talking about what's fair and what's not (lotteries suck, give me more night/unannounced drops :lol:).
I prefer drops, because I feel I have a way better chance on scoring(And I LOVE the rush), but lotteries are tons of fun as well. Fun making a guess, and praying to see that invoice. He really does do it better than any artist. He's constantly switching it up, and works hard to get art into collectors hands. You can see he's making the runs larger as well.
lujborg
Art Expert

Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:46 am

danielpmcauliffe wrote:
bubbie wrote:I hope that Perched is on the list somewhere. But A Line in the Water is hopefully just above that on that list :lol:
I prefer drops, because I feel I have a way better chance on scoring(And I LOVE the rush), but lotteries are tons of fun as well. Fun making a guess, and praying to see that invoice. He really does do it better than any artist. He's constantly switching it up, and works hard to get art into collectors hands. You can see he's making the runs larger as well.

the gnomes are hard at drymounting work.
I'm here for the oil palm breeding (international society member, since 2003)
danielpmcauliffe
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:17 am

lujborg wrote:
danielpmcauliffe wrote:

the gnomes are hard at drymounting work.
And they ship faster than anyone in the business. Between IMH and Smeezy, he sold about 400 prints yesterday. First batch of shipping notifications are already out. Most of the time, I score on Wednesday, and have print in hand by Monday. Not to add all the extras you get, and the super fair price he's been selling them at. Smeezy and NiNP were each like $57 after shipping. He and the gnomes definitely have my respect and admiration. They do a killer job.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:40 am

^^^ I agree (although I rarely score on his Wednesday drops anymore)
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
FroDawg
Art Expert

Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:09 am

Rick_a_c wrote:^^^ I agree (although I rarely score on his Wednesday drops anymore)
Smart move to outsource some of the shipping to Ken at Paragon too.
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."