With All My Love 16 Mr. Brainwash

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
soam24
Art Freak

Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:27 am

#starvingartistfight
Greatplainsman
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:05 am

Did u really think this was gonna go well....
dutchflowers
Art Expert

Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:33 am

Some pot calling the kettle black up in here.

Luls at these guys fighting over who makes "real art".
JamesBStudios
Art Enthusiast

Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:46 am

Mr Brainwash has borrowed from me in the past (my American Beauty his Reborn) as has his son. It used to really bother me but take it as a compliment that you are on their radar. Let the art historians decide and just make your art, man. The true beauty of art is that there are no rules.
MaxCollinsII
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:57 pm

renegagnon wrote:I can assure you we are NOTHING alike. (Checkmate? seriously) I don't expect you to know the 10 year history in a 10 minute swipe through this site, and I'm not about to go through and explain every piece and the rationale behind it. What I have always said is, I think there is a distinct difference between being inspired/emulating a highly influential artist that has passed on and/or not in our genre or generation, and directly ripping off conceptual property of artists IN your genre and generation with no regard. It's very obvious without extensive research that a couple of my concepts are inspired by Warhol, and I have a parody tucked in here and there, but I've straight out never executed many pieces because they nodded to heavily to another artist in my genre and generation. Yes, I have retaliated to some big names through art because I'm so sick of big names and big connections doing whatever the hell they want and blatantly ripping lesser known artists. A retaliation is not a rip, and I don't see any similarities between the work of Brainwash and myself.

Thank you to all that have supported me.
You don't really believe your second last sentence do you? Stop lying to yourself and embrace the inspiration. #StopHating
The Original Pure Hemp® Rolling Papers :ziggi: made in Spain, unlike some of our competitors
PartPat: "All of Eb is one big mondo joke really."
trarex
Art Expert

Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:04 pm

Why was it again artist quit posting on the forum ?
"Lay off Detroit, Them peoples is living in Mad Max times." Moe Szyslak
MaxCollinsII
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:23 pm

trarex wrote:Why was it again artist quit posting on the forum ?
-- because some artists can't handle honesty.

I received this print today and it looked just like a Rene Gagnon print. I kid I kid, it's way better. One thing I have noticed about Mr Brainwash prints, is that they are printed very well. There is no way MrB is printing these himself, he must have a team doing this for him a la Warhol.
The Original Pure Hemp® Rolling Papers :ziggi: made in Spain, unlike some of our competitors
PartPat: "All of Eb is one big mondo joke really."
fung430
Art Connoisseur

Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:51 pm

I think there was a miss opportunity to have made this print great. This print seems to be doing well in the demand side of the aftermarket, but I feel like if there would of been some metallic paint in few of the hearts would of drove MBW fans bananas. I say this because love to the rescue had the metallic red paint. Love to the rescue pops while this print is a little flat.
renegagnon
Art Enthusiast

Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:49 pm

MaxCollinsII wrote:
renegagnon wrote:I can assure you we are NOTHING alike. (Checkmate? seriously) I don't expect you to know the 10 year history in a 10 minute swipe through this site, and I'm not about to go through and explain every piece and the rationale behind it. What I have always said is, I think there is a distinct difference between being inspired/emulating a highly influential artist that has passed on and/or not in our genre or generation, and directly ripping off conceptual property of artists IN your genre and generation with no regard. It's very obvious without extensive research that a couple of my concepts are inspired by Warhol, and I have a parody tucked in here and there, but I've straight out never executed many pieces because they nodded to heavily to another artist in my genre and generation. Yes, I have retaliated to some big names through art because I'm so sick of big names and big connections doing whatever the hell they want and blatantly ripping lesser known artists. A retaliation is not a rip, and I don't see any similarities between the work of Brainwash and myself.

You don't really believe your second last sentence do you? Stop lying to yourself and embrace the inspiration. #StopHating
Actually I do. And actually I don't understand your stop hating hashtag. Me saying he rips other artists is not a hateful statement, I actually never said anything negative about his work. The fact is the fact, and it's just a fact you refuse to acknowledge.
uenjoymyself
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:12 pm

guess whos bizzack
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:35 pm

:lurk:

Wtf

Must be smoking the serious strain ...
FOODRAP
Art Expert

Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:52 pm

Rene does some great work and finds inspiration to create art through his everyday life experiences. He's a teacher, an activist, a father, a brand owner and a person i consider a friend. So Whether banksy ripped him, he ripped warhol or mbw ripped rene, its all art for discussion which makes this a great place to discuss. Attacking artists and there past work on this forum is mad wack! :hanging: you all a bunch of clowns cause the minute you think something will flip, you all loggin in under your girl or your kids account to cop and fake sales on ebay. I know the level of hypocrisy in this forum and to be honest its really corny.

FYI im talking to any and everyone on the forum that always got a less than witty remark. If i gotta name you all by name i will cause one thing I know: NONE OF YOU CAN BEAT ME 8) MY ART COLLECTION BLOWS YOURS OUT THE CHEAP FRAME ITS HANGING IN :hanging: SO PEEP GAME, WHENEVER ANYONE WANTS TO GO PRINT FOR PRINT, OG FOR OG PEICE FOR PIECE IM READY. SH!T YOU ALL KNOW IM ALWAYS READY WHEN YOU SEE ME COMING TO THE ART SHOWS AND LINES AND YOU ALL TEND TO AL OF A SUDDEN FORGET YOUR USERNAMES AND ALL THAT.

hashtag that one #pu55y
renegagnon wrote:
MaxCollinsII wrote:

Actually I do. And actually I don't understand your stop hating hashtag. Me saying he rips other artists is not a hateful statement, I actually never said anything negative about his work. The fact is the fact, and it's just a fact you refuse to acknowledge.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:06 pm

drymount ya meek foodie sucked.

This foodie is da best foodie. #stopcyberbullying
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
FOODRAP
Art Expert

Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:08 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:drymount ya meek foodie sucked.

This foodie is da best foodie. #stopcyberbullying
THAT WAS DURING OBAMAS PRESIDENCY. ALL'S FAIR GAME NOW I SUPPOSE :hanging:
sidewaysscott
Art God

Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:09 pm

so its a dick measuring contest now?
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.