With All My Love 16 Mr. Brainwash

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:17 pm

This topic is dedicated to: With All My Love 16 Mr. Brainwash

mitchupitchu
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:07 pm

so shady... when did this drop?
guru59
Art Connoisseur
Location: probably an airplane, strike that, in the mountains of Chamonix

Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:21 pm

mitchupitchu wrote:so shady... when did this drop?

who cares.
"Magnetism is one of the Six Fundamental Forces of the Universe, with the other five being Gravity, Duct Tape, Whining, Remote Control, and The Force That Pulls Dogs Toward The Groins Of Strangers."
carljwiii
Art Expert

Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:01 pm

mitchupitchu wrote:so shady... when did this drop?
About 17 hours after it was listed as "coming soon" and the mass email was sent to his email list. :wink:
I am a Rhinoceros and my skin is 2 feet thick
tbresnah
Art Enthusiast

Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:13 pm

how was anyone able to get this print? is there a trick to it? i had paypal ready to go and by the time i clicked the paypal button, it had sold out in less than 5 seconds. what am i doing wrong or am i super unlucky?
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:31 am

Best MBW in years. 1k this time next year. #amidoingthisrite
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:17 am

Codeblue wrote:Best MBW in years. 1k this time next year. #amidoingthisrite

Go on....
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
renegagnon
Art Enthusiast

Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:51 am

Another rip... and the list goes on.
ClaytonHopper
Art Expert

Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:54 pm

renegagnon wrote:Another rip... and the list goes on.
Gotta few Banky rips of your own, no?
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:40 pm

Luls.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
bone811
Art Expert

Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:59 pm

ClaytonHopper wrote:

Banksy has ripped him
renegagnon
Art Enthusiast

Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:53 am

ClaytonHopper wrote:
No, actually I don't. Unless you want to call my Happy Drones print a rip? That was intentional and publicized as such.
Too many people that think they know, actually don't know.
ClaytonHopper
Art Expert

Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:09 pm

Subject: With All My Love 16 Mr. Brainwash
renegagnon wrote:
ClaytonHopper wrote:
No, actually I don't. Unless you want to call my Happy Drones print a rip? That was intentional and publicized as such.
Too many people that think they know, actually don't know.
Since 2008 you have had a few spoofs/parodys from other artists work... Anyone who goes back and looks at your body of work will see mutiple pieces by you that just straight take a Banksy image with a twist or maybe one of your Warhol campbell soup parody. Here are just a few I found on EB.

Image Image
Image ( I believe this was a response from you to Banksy for using a verison of your image. Still same concept though) Image

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on your work as some of it's clever and puts a smile on face. I just thought it was weird that you came in to fudge on MBWs thread when you release very similar art yourself. Obviously you have some beef with him because you made a print with his image and called him a conartist. Which in fact might be true but without context so could a some of your body of work as well. If someone in the fine art world sees your one of Campbell soup graffiti cans for the first time without knowing you, thier first thought is probably going to be close to how you feel about Brainwash since that work is heavily inspired by Warhol.

The point I'm trying to make is weather you do it for parody/fun or wether Thirrry thinks he's doing because he's an artist, it doesn't matter. You both make art and sell it. To some of us, you two are probably more similar than you want to admit.
MaxCollinsII
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:10 pm

ClaytonHopper wrote:Subject: With All My Love 16 Mr. Brainwash
"The point I'm trying to make is whether you do it for parody/fun or whether Thierry thinks he's doing because he's an artist, it doesn't matter. You both make art and sell it.
To some of us, you two are probably more similar than you want to admit."

The Original Pure Hemp® Rolling Papers :ziggi: made in Spain, unlike some of our competitors
PartPat: "All of Eb is one big mondo joke really."
renegagnon
Art Enthusiast

Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:19 am

I can assure you we are NOTHING alike. (Checkmate? seriously) I don't expect you to know the 10 year history in a 10 minute swipe through this site, and I'm not about to go through and explain every piece and the rationale behind it. What I have always said is, I think there is a distinct difference between being inspired/emulating a highly influential artist that has passed on and/or not in our genre or generation, and directly ripping off conceptual property of artists IN your genre and generation with no regard. It's very obvious without extensive research that a couple of my concepts are inspired by Warhol, and I have a parody tucked in here and there, but I've straight out never executed many pieces because they nodded to heavily to another artist in my genre and generation. Yes, I have retaliated to some big names through art because I'm so sick of big names and big connections doing whatever the hell they want and blatantly ripping lesser known artists. A retaliation is not a rip, and I don't see any similarities between the work of Brainwash and myself.

Thank you to all that have supported me.